To the older and newer members

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

To the older and newer members

I have recently seen a number of new members join here and say things like "go ahead and flame me" or "please don't flame me". I think the older members here (myself included at times) needs to take a long look at how we address the newer members. If this board is intended to be helpful and used as a source of info and a guiding force, we need to remember what it is like being a "noobie". think back.....for some of you that's WAY back, but I'm sure you can remember. now, I'm not saying that we all get together and go hug some trees, and watch a lifetime marathon here, just ask yourself if when you were new and you were responded to the way some here respond to others, i personally would not want to come back. some people do say some really whacked out things from time to time (myself included) but tactfully pointing out when someone is wrong is more constructive than just saying something like "you're a ****" or starting an argument and totally side-tracking the thread just to try and prove a point. older members, remember, this is about teaching those who do not know, WTF to do. besides if you want to argue with someone I'm sure you have plenty of ex-girlfriends or boy-friends that you could call. i know i do. you can think what you want about me, but if a new person comes here and gets "beat up on" then we have not done our job. feel free to disagree with me and think what you will, but I'm here to try and help, learn and have a little fun.

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Agree fully.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I agree to a point. There are those who are genuinely seeking help, and then there are others where it seems like it is bb.com sadly
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I agree as well. We sometimes forget how clueless we once were... Or in my case , still am :0
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

great post lennoxchi!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

For the new folk: Just search. If they were to take ownership of their problem by searching for threads that may have similar topics BEFORE they post their own threads, I'm almost positive that the reaction towards them would be more positive.

It could help them form a more precise question since they were able to look up similar questions/responses using the search. And with a more informed question generally comes more helpful feedback.

My two cents, take em for what they are.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Agreed, that is one reason why I have to pm new members and explain to them why people got on them, I feel people are here to learn so why rip on them.
    doing my own thang!
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Good post but you know what I find I find alot of times it's not the real older members 3-4 years or more it's the semi older members who post alot have a high post count who somehow think they automatically know more then someone who just joined. It's frustrating seeing people give advice on topics they haven't been through etc. the post this stuff flame newbies all based on what they have read on here but haven't actually gone throught or used. Sorry just ranting i've seen too many posts from people giving absolute advice and when you ask them if they know these things from personal experience they dont.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe when a member joins, a nice newsletter type PM could be sent to them, or basically a PM that would cover the basics, point out the simple rules, and the importance of the "Search".

I know when I joined, the first products I picked up were Drive, RPM, IGF-2, Osteobolin-c. I got great impressions of am from the AN reps, and that was one of the reasons I started liking the place.

I think everyone just gets tired of the constant threads about "help I got boobies now" n such.

But Agreed
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Maybe when a member joins, a nice newsletter type PM could be sent to them, or basically a PM that would cover the basics, point out the simple rules, and the importance of the "Search".
    That sounds like a brilliant idea. Maybe include some of the sticky's (Sinner's stupid people's guide to PCT, Mullet's Gyno post) to new members if they include their age (21+)
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    Good post but you know what I find I find alot of times it's not the real older members 3-4 years or more it's the semi older members who post alot have a high post count who somehow think they automatically know more then someone who just joined. It's frustrating seeing people give advice on topics they haven't been through etc. the post this stuff flame newbies all based on what they have read on here but haven't actually gone throught or used. Sorry just ranting i've seen too many posts from people giving absolute advice and when you ask them if they know these things from personal experience they dont.
    totally agree with you......so start out here knowing nothing and in a couple of years time think their a God or something.....being humble and know that you do not know everything is where i hope to always be....but i can, at times, forget too
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I know when I joined, the first products I picked up were Drive, RPM, IGF-2, Osteobolin-c. I got great impressions of am from the AN reps, and that was one of the reasons I started liking the place.

I think everyone just gets tired of the constant threads about "help I got boobies now" n such.

But Agreed
    awesome idea.......Mods? can we do this?
  13. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I think there's different ways to look at this issue, you have new guys coming here with some issue or problem they need help with we've all see the threads "HELP" and are willing to learn and take the responses or criticism in a constructive way and they learn how to resolve their issues even if they didn't use the search feature or what ever!

Then you have other ppl coming here that think they know it all are willing to make their point at any cost even if that means putting other members down by calling names and making insult remarks, if that is the attitude they bring to this board after a warning I don't mind flagging them, they need to be weeded out to keep this a respectful place and not turned in to another bb.com

my 2cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i'd say there is a big difference between the person coming in saying "this is my goal help me get there" who will take constructive criticism and "i'm 6'2", 145#s, I just bought these steroids tell me how to dose them even though I already took 1 shot and what should I get for PTC" and gets belligerent when you ask what their diet + training are like.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i'd say there is a big difference between the person coming in saying "this is my goal help me get there" who will take constructive criticism and "i'm 6'2", 145#s, I just bought these steroids tell me how to dose them even though I already took 1 shot and what should I get for PTC" and gets belligerent when you ask what their diet + training are like.
    I dont think you should be rewarded for stupidity either or spoon feed by that matter, in that case I'll remind them to use search but those ppl dont get under my skin!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Also agreed, this is a great idea!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

i think we should make the newer members go through some sort of initiation.

18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

NOW THAT'S A GOOD IDEA.......yes sir
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

This is a great idea.

this is actually why i like the idea of putting restrictions on the new members. (myself included, i'm still new i've been here for 3 weeks)

make them have a post count of 15-20 before they can start a thread...
    stuff like that?
    or maybe that's already in effect?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up

Thx for thinking about the new guys. Honestly my experience here has been great.I've learned more in my few weeks on here than i ever did on bb.com. So if you guys hafta flame a few dumb**** to keep AM legit DO IT!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  206.5 lbs.
    Answers

The thing is, the good newbies aren't the ones making those threads because they actually search before asking.

When I first started posting in lifting forums, I kept my mouth shut and searched. I didn't give advice at all for a year or so because I knew that I knew ****.

Some are going to post BS regardless. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

You can, however, drown the horse for being such a dumbass. I think some tough love is needed.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    This is a great idea.

this is actually why i like the idea of putting restrictions on the new members. (myself included, i'm still new i've been here for 3 weeks)

make them have a post count of 15-20 before they can start a thread...
    stuff like that?
    or maybe that's already in effect?
    i was actually thinking of something more humiliating for initiation. like throwing eggs or poo.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    i was actually thinking of something more humiliating or initiation. like throwing eggs or poo.
    hey now hazing is illegal now....

these aren't the days of animal house...

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Perhaps a tar and feathering?
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    Perhaps a tar and feathering?
    i think this is sufficient