Insomnia-purest form

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
For some reason, I cannot re-correct my sleep pattern. And with life being extremely hard at the moment I have adopted a really optimistic attitude.

But here I am 2am when I have to get up at 7.....again. and I always sleep until like 10 or 11..... Lucky for me I am a freelance contractor ATM. Though its not cutting the bills.

I cant find any way to get to sleep at night. It is serious insomnia. And last night I had 3 and a half hours before church today, then played softball, and a crapload of other things. I was dead tired, passed out for about 15 minutes, a friend called. So I took a warm shower, threw a load of laundry in and tried to crash....Nope...not gona happen now.... It is like 25 minutes rest gives me 3 hours awake time when I dont need it, and when I need to be up 10 hours of sleep can barely give me 6 hours of go time o_O

Now anyone who has payed attention to some of my posts can tell a portion of the stress I am experiencing. Could this be the reason behind not being able to sleep? Maybe since I dont let anything get me down, I am wondering if my sleep is taking he hit from my waking hours of optimism in the face of sheer destruction. I dont know what to do, one of the reasons I am putting off my starting "The One" until the end of next month is because of this, and trying to get myself to eat.

Is there an underlying problem here? I have studied psychology, and blah blah. That allows me to help others, but no matter how much you study you cant help yourself because your mind is your own worst enemy, and it can confuse you and lie to you. So, input? As tired as I was I should be OUT cold....yet...uh...eyes wide open.

:rippedhand::rant: :bandit:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
stress is a pretty big cause of insomnia. x-dreams treated me pretty decent - if you can get to sleep, it will help you stay asleep. other than that, you might want to consider an anti-depressant, which may help as well.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
well I may look into the X-Dreams. But I dont do anti-depressants. They cause more trouble than they are worth. I will leave the chemical equation in my head as it is. Since I am border line insane, messing with that might actually make me shoot someone :bandit:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well I may look into the X-Dreams. But I dont do anti-depressants. They cause more trouble than they are worth. I will leave the chemical equation in my head as it is. Since I am border line insane, messing with that might actually make me shoot someone :bandit:
fair enough :) i frown on prescription meds as well. i was having pretty bad insomnia from stress when i ran my log of x-dreams , so i have some confidence it will work for you :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somnidren GH + ZMK is amazing. I'm on that right now.

LG Sciences also has a sleep product, I-GH-1, but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't really comment, although, I've never been disappointed with any LG Science products. I don't think it's quite marketed as a sleep-aid, though.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Are you having trouble falling asleep because your mind can't stop thinking and worrying about different kind of ****? Then try to meditate. It helps you relax your body and stop your brain from going crazy. I usually fall asleep withing minutes when I do that.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I got rid of my insomnia with GABA and Melatonin.

I take about 20 mgs of melatonin with 500mg of GABA on an empty stomach about an hour before bed.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Are you having trouble falling asleep because your mind can't stop thinking and worrying about different kind of ****? Then try to meditate. It helps you relax your body and stop your brain from going crazy. I usually fall asleep withing minutes when I do that.
Yeah, I have sooooo much to think about, a girl, losing my car, paying the bills, finding another job,etc,etc. I could try meditation, but when I stare into my mind, I dont like what looks back. I have a slight disassociation and anti-social deal going on.

I got rid of my insomnia with GABA and Melatonin.

I take about 20 mgs of melatonin with 500mg of GABA on an empty stomach about an hour before bed.
20mgs? I think I have a bottle of ON melatonin here somehwere. 3mgs if i remember, lil white buggers. 20 mgs? thats alot, how easy is it to get up the next morning?

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Haha, you sound like me.

I have the problem on weekends... I get up at 7 every weekday, and 70% of the time I'm up till 2, 2:30, or 3 the night before (my own damn fault). When I have to go to work and the alarm goes off, I feel like I can hit the snooze button over and over and sleep forever.

BUT, when the weekend rolls around, and maybe I'm up till late (say, 3:30) the night before, and I don't set any alarms... I automatically wake up at like 7:45 and and won't be able to go back to sleep. So I get up, maybe do some laundry, check out some crap on the internet, and before I know it, it's 1pm.

I've gotta start forcing myself to stay in bed, laundry be damned!

Good luck on getting sleep man, it sucks when your body is so used to getting only a few hours of sleep a night and it becomes conditioned to wake up after a certain amount of time no matter what.

southernxgun

southernxgun

Awards
I know exactly where you are coming from. I've been rediculously stressed out for about a month now. School, work, but mainly girl troubles..long story. Stayin up till 5 a.m. and gettin up a 9 has become a habit. The only thing that keeps my mind from going crazy all night and keeping me up is listening to some talk radio or sleepin on the couch and turnin on the t.v. down low so I'm hearing the voices and what not. Kinda distracts your brain enough to stop thinking as much. Other than that just pray for peace and calm before you attempt to sleep, always makes me feel better. Melatonin never hurt either lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I just took 9mg of melatonin about an hour ago. Me thinks its working, me laying down now. Gnight mates.