Just my thoughts tonight

sw bill

Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the shower tonight and thinking about my first cycle and how ignorant i was,Then i started thinking about all the newb's that get flamed,bashed,put down and just down right cussed at when they ask a "basic" question about something they took without knowing any better.

For me i had been training for only about 6 months and doing everything right,I had never been on any site that even mentioned AAS or steroids.The site i read daily was 100% natural,No PH or AAS talk was allowed BUT someone mentioned a product that worked great called M1T,That post was soon deleated but not before i read it.

As i googled M1T i found it was banned but in the search a product called M1D came up in my search so i clicked the banner and it brought me to LgScience"s website and the M1D,So as i am reading the product description i am thinking WOW this is exactly what i i need and i order it up.Remember i have no experience,knowledge or anything about this.
But hell it looked good.Half way thru the cycle the sides hit,Rage from hell,I was a total ******* to my wife and kids.No PCT since i had no idea what the hell one even was,Why would I?I saw the ad and it looked good so i bought it.

Well obviously after ther cycle i was shut down and feeling like **** (i did get great gains from the product though).So i am thinking WTH is happening to me and i start searching around the net and asking questions on different forums only to be flamed and put down by people for not researching first.

Why would a newb research first?Thats why there a newb.I ask you this,When you have a cold and go to the pharm for meds do you look at say tylonal cold and sinus then go home and research it before you buy it?Of coarse not you buy it because it says it will relieve the symptoms you have.This is no different than a newb that stummbles across a pop up or infomercial that says "buy this and you can look like this". People are a newb because THEY ARE NEW AND DONT KNOW ANY BETTER.

For me this was a long time ago but i still get frustated when i see a newb getting bashed for his ignorance that i think we ALL had at one time.
This isnt a rant or a bash on the product mentioned above but rather a thought i had tonight.
So next time you get a cold i expect you will do all the proper research before taking any meds right?
BTW Its late so i dont care to hear any comments about my grammer mistakes!!!!
AND i am posting this on a couple forums that i read,There is one forum that this is posted to where this is hardly ever a problem and i commend you guys for that,You know who you are.
Thats it for tonight,See ya.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that's crazy.. the side effects that is.

Although i think flamers are anti-social d*ckheads, I still think newbies should do their prior research. Maybe on a forum, if you don't do your research.. people will flame you.
But in the real world, if you don't do your research, companies will take you for a ride.

The people who don't do research are a great revenue raiser for drug companies.

I'm not saying if you have a headache, spend hours on studying paracetamol.
But i'm saying if you're going to invest 100s to enhance performance or build muscle using a complex group of chemicals, it's important to know as much as possible. And even consult it with a doctor.

Considering that body building supps are almost seen as a taboo in society, i don't see why a newbie wouldn't think about researching it first.

sw bill

Awards
Well i guess i disagree, A newb wouldn't know supps are taboo until they are into them. (unless they are smarter than i which is doutfull,lol).

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
sw bill you bring up a very good point. And I am more so impressed that you wrote a very thought out and well put together post about it.

You see supplement companies as a whole are interested in selling the products regardless. Such as MuscleTech. Luckily here at am we have some outstanding companies, some of which whos very owners post here, and some amazing reps who are here to answer questions.

I do understand, for I almost picked up deca from AMS or almost got M1D and Formadrol from LG back before I knew better.

Flaming "newb"s is mostly done, in my eyes, by people who recently graduated from being a newb themselves. Or are cycling, so they are angry lol.

In their defense though, they have had to see some of their favorite products(such as M1t, andro poppers, etc) get banned because of ignorance. It is a double edged sword, on one hand I understand your position, on the others you have to understand the rest of your "kin", as in unknowing users, have cost supp junkies and users alot.

But sometimes the case is the fault of advertising. I mean, it should be common sense to research what the heck your putting in your body. That may not always occur though, and bad things have happened. Such as your case.

Best Regards. Remember though, both sides are in their own way victims, and in their own way at fault for it all.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have a pretty unique perspective on this, so I will share it.

When I first started training, I didn't have the internet.The only supplement knowledge that I had was from other guys in the gym, and the occassional bodybuilding mag. Things happened, I injured my back, and I spent the better part of my 20's away from the scene.

Fast forward to '07 and my re-entry into bodybuilding. When I started researching supplements I was literally overwhelmed. There were just so many new supplements, and supplement manufacturers on the market, I just didn't know where to start. So I made a list of all of the supplements that I thought I would like to try, found this place, and started asking questions. It was a good thing too, because the first supplement on my list was H-drol, and I did not need or want to do a cycle of steroids at that time.

So I have mixed emotions on this. For one I think that it is everyone's personal responsibility to properly research every substance that they put into their body. There really is no excuse when we have the whole world at our fingertips.

On the other hand, I know what it is like to be a teenage male, and wanting to be as big as possible as soon as possible. No one talks about the Adonis complex that so many young males grow up with. I would say that at least as many males, possibly more, have body image issues as femals. Most young males don't have the maturity necessary to do the research, to understand the risk of misusing chemicals of all sorts, and frankly do not have a grasp on their own mortality.

I remembered when I did my first cycle of test, I was still young, and despite doing some research(anyone remember the DD's Anabolic Handbook?) I didn't know about proper PCT or anything. So when I came off, life sucked big time, and I learned my lesson the hard way. Until then though I wouldn't have been talked out of doing juice, and I certainly wasn't worried about the possibility that I could do damage to my body long term.

So what does it all mean? Young men have a tendency to do irresponsible things, and this behavior will carry over into supplement/ph/ds use. They really have no excuse not to educate themselves, and the ones who come to a forum for help after they screw up should be helped, and not scorned imo. They got themselves into a jam, hey no one is perfect, and they need help. The more that we do as a community to educate young men in proper bodybuilding methods, nutrition, and supplementation the better.

That being said, if someone continues to screw up, well lets just say that is probably the result of natural selection, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

Parents also need to be held responsible in this matter. If little Johnny goes from 130-190 lbs in 3 months, then odds are he is on juice. Parents need to make sure that they stay vigilant, and do their best to make sure that their children aren't doing things that will harm them. The kids might not have the life experience to always make the right choices, but the parents should.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't really agree. I was a newb one time, too, but I was a smart, and researched everything before I took the plunge. My first cycle was M1T, about a year of research before I did that...Next cycle was Superdrol...And finally, after that was Test Enanthate and Dbol, about two years of research later.

There's no excuse not to do your reading, search around, learn what you can learn.

I do agree that it's bad when members jump on guys that just ask questions simply because it's been asked before. I'll always help out...at least they're looking for answers.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i disagree! newbs are simply new...morons put things in their bodies that they have no knowledge on!

the whole flaming part does get redundant!

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with the original post. Pro steroids were the only product that i can think of that if you took it as the directions recommended would hurt you. There is no other product to my knowledge that is like that. The label would read something like "take 2 pills a day for no longer than one month". it would mention nothing else. That is wrong and I hope that some supplement companies got the **** sued out of them.

Also not everybody uses Anabolicminds.com. There are alot of newbs that ask questions simply around their gym or local vitamin shop and get their information that way. Blind leading the blind. How would they no any better? they are newbs.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not the supplement companies job to educate the public.

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the original post. Pro steroids were the only product that i can think of that if you took it as the directions recommended would hurt you. There is no other product to my knowledge that is like that. The label would read something like "take 2 pills a day for no longer than one month". it would mention nothing else. That is wrong and I hope that some supplement companies got the **** sued out of them.

Also not everybody uses Anabolicminds.com. There are alot of newbs that ask questions simply around their gym or local vitamin shop and get their information that way. Blind leading the blind. How would they no any better? they are newbs.
I know CEL's H-Drol says on the directions to be familiar with and to do proper Post Cycle Therapy. At least that way someone who had no idea what they were about to put into their bodies would be inclined to do some research first.