Pocket Rockets/ Pocket Bikes... Any of Y'all have them?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I am looking into getting a pocket rocket for a decent price. I don't want to spend over $450 or so, but I want more than a 49CC. Anyone have experiences with pocket rockets? Where is a good website to look for them?

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure of the site, but my bud's got one. He paid 500.00 for it, but its worth it!. It hauls @ss. But if you care about working out, I might be careful on it. It can do some pretty heavy damage to you at high speeds. I know I just stated the obvious, but sometimes that never crosses your mind until its too late. I will see if I can't find a link.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure of the site, but my bud's got one. He paid 500.00 for it, but its worth it!. It hauls @ss. But if you care about working out, I might be careful on it. It can do some pretty heavy damage to you at high speeds. I know I just stated the obvious, but sometimes that never crosses your mind until its too late. I will see if I can't find a link.
Do you happen to know what bike it is? I have found some nice ones and watched You tube videos of them, but I am having quite a bit of trouble finding reviews

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I have a conference call for business @ 7pm. I should be done by 8. I will try to jump back on here then. If not, I will get on tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
to me pocket rocket=dildo's crotch rocket=street bike i know im kinda backwards

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
my brother had one. It was awesome thing to ride. I stop riding it when i almost got hit by a car. lol its hard for them to see you.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I used to race them; if you want a cheap bike look into cagllaris. They are cheap knock offs but run well and get up to about 35mph.

Everything else like Blatas and Polini are hand made, water cooled, MUCH more expensive, but get up to about 50-60mph. They run from 800 up to 5 grand for a bike. There is something weird about a 40lbs pocket bike turning out almost 10HP that is insane, especially with a 2-3ft wheelbase. They are awesome for training for riding normal motorcycles though; MotoGP riders race pocketbike in the off season because they teach body position and throttle control.

If you haven't ridden one before, get a cagllari.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Get a crf50 with risers fun as hell, but out of price range unless you get on that is used.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
to me pocket rocket=dildo's crotch rocket=street bike i know im kinda backwards
I'm pretty sure this is how it's supposed to be...at least as far as I know.

dpfisher

Check out craigslist, they are on there all the time. Probably because people get them and realize they aren't useful anywhere. Maybe if you lived on a really big college campus they might be nice. I can't see a point in getting one that isn't street legal, and you'd probably want to wear full gear all the time since you would be tiny out there on the road. By the way my full size 750cc street bike cost $500, if that gives you an idea why I think these are a waste of money.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, get something you can ride on the street! You can find a old sports bike for 500$ of craigslist easy

DriDDeRz

Awards
at one stage i wanted one... only because everyone else had one ;)