Am I a loser???

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
To start with I'm a 21 doing my college,and have been working out for the past 5 years.Back in high school I use to have a normal life like any one in high school surrounded by frends all the time ,party every weekend ,being baked,had the hottest girl in high school and when college started I moved out of country and everything changed except the fact I Still had my girlfriend.I was always lonely did nothing on weekends except hitting hard on gym no social life,my mobile which use to run out off battery due to the no of calls now remains silent all day...
After wondering why all this happened I see its all because of me i don't want to do anything except workout and eat 6-8 meals a day.I wake up do cardio,eat go to class where I'm on my computer every time on some bodybuilding site reading articles,eat and again eat off to gym workout which I'm starting to love more then sex(seriously),come back eat eat and sleep.This has explained why I dont have any social life my frends know i dont come anywhere i say some lame ass excuse and .dont go with them.

Things have become worser when I started my first cycle i literally dont do anything except workout and eat.I have started too drop my subjects so that i wont have any class and i can get to go to gym early and have more time.Recently I broke up with my girl friend and i dont even feel bad,i started to find everything boring except for anything related to gym...i turned down many dates which i got as it will effect my training.Seriously i'm loving every moment of this escpically my recovery abilities wow...

But things which have started to worry me is how others look at me in my college they look at me as a lonely ass..I always seem to sit alone in the class,eat alone and got me thinking have i become a loser???

BigJack87

Awards
Dude bodybuilding or weightlifting is awesome. I think everyone here would agree. But theres more to life. You don't sound very well rounded, that doesn't neccesarily mean your a loser, it just means you should expand your interests a little :fing02:

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
You have a couple issues right ahead of you that you should seriously consider... 1) are you trying to go pro, and make this a lifetime dream or is this just a hobby? 2) Are you actually happy with the decisions you are making? 3) go look up negative addiction or bodybuilders anorexia.

I am also in college with a gf and I as well have no social life. I spend all my time eating or training and doing everything so i can get the perfect amount of sleep. I dont drink, I dont go out, and I have a really hard time managing my time well enough so that I can get all my school work done. I would highly recomend you keep to ur studies because that is why you are there and the most important thing at this point in your life.

I personally do not care because who can chug the most or drink the most or end up at burger king and eat 20 burgers isnt going to help me with my goals. But you have to decide that if the training and the goals are what you are more concerned with then you shouldnt worry about being a loser, there are more to friends then just blacking out.

As far as everything else goes college is potentially the most fun of your life, it just depends on what your idea of fun is. At one point there are tons of girls and parties and all that other stuff that is fun. But on the otherhand I dont know when else you will have the chance to dedicate as much time to the gym either. I personally rather lift and train and meet goals, then go out and drink and really do nothing much in terms of my goals. So it all depends on what you want.

All that being said I was negatively addicted to exercise last year, I did skip my classes and i dedicated the whole time to lifting and training, I screwed up my grades and im not trihng to work my ass off to get back onto the scholarship i was once on. I can tell you the sooner you just figure a way to manage ur time better u can do both school and the gym better but u have to be strict and be willing to work as hard in school as you do in the gym. Good luck I wish you the best.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
You have a couple issues right ahead of you that you should seriously consider... 1) are you trying to go pro, and make this a lifetime dream or is this just a hobby? 2) Are you actually happy with the decisions you are making? 3) go look up negative addiction or bodybuilders anorexia.

I am also in college with a gf and I as well have no social life. I spend all my time eating or training and doing everything so i can get the perfect amount of sleep. I dont drink, I dont go out, and I have a really hard time managing my time well enough so that I can get all my school work done. I would highly recomend you keep to ur studies because that is why you are there and the most important thing at this point in your life.

I personally do not care because who can chug the most or drink the most or end up at burger king and eat 20 burgers isnt going to help me with my goals. But you have to decide that if the training and the goals are what you are more concerned with then you shouldnt worry about being a loser, there are more to friends then just blacking out.

As far as everything else goes college is potentially the most fun of your life, it just depends on what your idea of fun is. At one point there are tons of girls and parties and all that other stuff that is fun. But on the otherhand I dont know when else you will have the chance to dedicate as much time to the gym either. I personally rather lift and train and meet goals, then go out and drink and really do nothing much in terms of my goals. So it all depends on what you want.

All that being said I was negatively addicted to exercise last year, I did skip my classes and i dedicated the whole time to lifting and training, I screwed up my grades and im not trihng to work my ass off to get back onto the scholarship i was once on. I can tell you the sooner you just figure a way to manage ur time better u can do both school and the gym better but u have to be strict and be willing to work as hard in school as you do in the gym. Good luck I wish you the best.
1.YES its my dream to turn pro
2.I'm extremely happy with my decisions especially with my measuring tape
3.Thnx i will look it up
Thnx again for ur advice

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
1.YES its my dream to turn pro
2.I'm extremely happy with my decisions especially with my measuring tape
3.Thnx i will look it up
Thnx again for ur advice

Then all you have to do is just go for your dreams. Your answers should tell you enough. This is a heavily disciplined sport and you seem to be willing to do everything you can to succeed. I dont think you are a loser jsut one of the few people our age who actually has any discipline and drive to go after what he wants.

I will say however I think you should really consider going through school just as a backup. Good luck and i hope to see you on the cover of something someday!!!!

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Find people in real life that enjoy what you enjoy and have similar goals. Hang out with them.Date them if they are women.Train with them.Enjoy life brotha. Peoples friend circles change all the time don't expect yours to look like the tv show "Friends" or be perfect.
Alone time is underrated..thats why I go hunting by myself lol. If your not happy change that part of your life until you are! :ninja: Anyway, thats all for my fortune cookie therapy.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
Then all you have to do is just go for your dreams. Your answers should tell you enough. This is a heavily disciplined sport and you seem to be willing to do everything you can to succeed. I dont think you are a loser jsut one of the few people our age who actually has any discipline and drive to go after what he wants.

I will say however I think you should really consider going through school just as a backup. Good luck and i hope to see you on the cover of something someday!!!!
Ya i'm still goin to skl and havin jus enough grades to back me up...And the cover of something seriously sent a chill up my spine bro thnx...If I happen to get on a cover u will be one to first to receive it..lol...

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
Find people in real life that enjoy what you enjoy and have similar goals. Hang out with them.Date them if they are women.Train with them.Enjoy life brotha. Peoples friend circles change all the time don't expect yours to look like the tv show "Friends" or be perfect.
Alone time is underrated..thats why I go hunting by myself lol. If your not happy change that part of your life until you are! :ninja: Anyway, thats all for my fortune cookie therapy.
Yeah bro totally makes sense...

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To start with I'm a 21 doing my college,and have been working out for the past 5 years.Back in high school I use to have a normal life like any one in high school surrounded by frends all the time ,party every weekend ,being baked,had the hottest girl in high school and when college started I moved out of country and everything changed except the fact I Still had my girlfriend.I was always lonely did nothing on weekends except hitting hard on gym no social life,my mobile which use to run out off battery due to the no of calls now remains silent all day...
After wondering why all this happened I see its all because of me i don't want to do anything except workout and eat 6-8 meals a day.I wake up do cardio,eat go to class where I'm on my computer every time on some bodybuilding site reading articles,eat and again eat off to gym workout which I'm starting to love more then sex(seriously),come back eat eat and sleep.This has explained why I dont have any social life my frends know i dont come anywhere i say some lame ass excuse and .dont go with them.

Things have become worser when I started my first cycle i literally dont do anything except workout and eat.I have started too drop my subjects so that i wont have any class and i can get to go to gym early and have more time.Recently I broke up with my girl friend and i dont even feel bad,i started to find everything boring except for anything related to gym...i turned down many dates which i got as it will effect my training.Seriously i'm loving every moment of this escpically my recovery abilities wow...

But things which have started to worry me is how others look at me in my college they look at me as a lonely ass..I always seem to sit alone in the class,eat alone and got me thinking have i become a loser???
I was the same way... the exact same way.. (minus the girlfriend thing,.. well, I had one to begin with.. lol)

Are you a looser... no.
Are you throwing yourself into an obsession to hide the fact your missing something ; yes

Get yourself a guy friend, and go out and get some ass
Seriously
No man,.. I mean, go to class, sit beside someone , and make small talk.
Make the act of making friends a goal just like your goals of working out- just remember that as you can try too hard in the gym and over train, so to can ya in making friends..

You need some memories to look back on 10 years from now.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Dude you are completely contridicting.
You are saying that you are happy yet you are asking a bunch of strangers, are you a loser?

Obviously you feel as if there is a problem with your decisions or else this would not be a factor. And, I'm sure you have asked this before so now its really bothering you ....

I think the answer is pretty simple. There are many pros that do not neglect loved ones, if it's truly loved one's. Honestly, I can't see how someone could put up with themselves. I think its pure selfishness to do something like that no matter what the goal is ... I am not saying that there will not be times where you have to put yourself first, but for vain reasons? Give me a break!

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
Ya i'm still goin to skl and havin jus enough grades to back me up...And the cover of something seriously sent a chill up my spine bro thnx...If I happen to get on a cover u will be one to first to receive it..lol...
HAHA I will be sooooo stoked when that happens good luck bro!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Dude....college is needed, but how any college grads right now are working at McDoalds. I just got a job in the roofing biz that once I learn the ways has potential to make me 4 times more than when I graduate college...

Lifting is a way of life. Also I have always been a lone wolf. I never get looked at weird, I am often the most trusted person around, but also being a lone wolf carries a bit of mystery around with you. Sometimes it can make you more interesting than the mass produced guy who does the same thing everyone else does. Even at church, every one knows me, but for the most part I am a loner, by nature. No amount of phenibut, work, or practice really makes me social. It is just the way I am.

At the same time I have an amazing girl who is dead interested in me...and yet I cant fully really want another person at the moment.

You have to stop classifying yourself based off of standards. Some of the greatest people in history were anti-social. Its just how some of us are.

And like I said about college. Personally, I cant do a 9-5. It eats me alive inside. I want to be a writer, and I am going to school to be a teacher. But right now, I dont have to drive or attention to do my class work...so I dropped my classes this quarter due to sickness for 2 weeks, and financial disasters I am facing. Doesnt mean a thing. I measure myself differently, I refuse to live by the worlds standard. And I am a happier man for it. As well as many of my friends consider me a strong, and intelligent person. Yet I been in college for 3 years but am only in year 2 technically due to breaks. It has nothing to do with standards my friend. Some people cant exist in a retarded world like this.

My dream is to become a successful writer, personal trainer, preacher. That way I can live life in a unique way.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you're just plain non-social, that's one thing, but it sounds like you're only non-social because it effects your bodybuilding to go out with friends...

Now, I can relate to that. I don't really ever go out, and I hate when things interfere with my meals...but as said before, there IS more to life. I'm trying to grasp that myself.

I've also heard a few BB pros say that if they could do things over again they would. They'd have more fun. Go out with friends. Enjoy life...because in the end, you can't take your muscle with you.

Being non-social is one thing, but being lonely is something else entirely.

DT5

Awards
  • Established
one thing i regret most about college...spending too much time working out, obessing about eating, etc. dont make my mistake. u will regret it. that i am sure of. chances are you wont be "pro"...and what would that even get you? 1000 bucks at a show twice a year? come on man, ur in college. think about a career. dont be dumb

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I think calling yourself a loser is a little harsh, perhaps lost percpective is more like it.....It happens to the best of us, get back on track and all is ok :)

Good luck'

TC

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
one thing i regret most about college...spending too much time working out, obessing about eating, etc. dont make my mistake. u will regret it. that i am sure of. chances are you wont be "pro"...and what would that even get you? 1000 bucks at a show twice a year? come on man, ur in college. think about a career. dont be dumb
I agree think about a career, but at the same time people rush college, party through college to start a job that makes them work 8-5, every day 51 weeks a year, and after 5 years at place, for 50 weeks a year. Then fires them after 10 years, and now they cant get a job.

I am in college, but you know what. I have to put it to the side yet again in order to keep my car, and pay my bills.

Every one is so worried about make 60-80K or more a year, I wish every one had to spend 2 years living like the people in Piedros Negros, Mexico do... no chance at college for the most part, they work for 9-16$ a day and will put in 12 hours for just that chunk. No net, no cable. barely food.

My sis spent her entire life until 32 in college, she is gona have some kinda doctors in English or whatnot ,she teachers at Miami University. She spent 3 years going to law school, then changed her mind so she could do what she loved, but make so little money it will take forever to pay off her student loans.

Why does everyone insist on this being a stupid race. Why does every one need the stupid 72' HD plasma new age tv, with Digital cable, and the fastest net, newest games, Jordans on their feet, and a lexus or BMW in the driveway....

I have seen more happy people who can barely buy anything, than people who seem to have it all.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I was the same way... the exact same way.. (minus the girlfriend thing,.. well, I had one to begin with.. lol)

Are you a looser... no.
Are you throwing yourself into an obsession to hide the fact your missing something ; yes

Get yourself a guy friend, and go out and get some ass
Seriously
No man,.. I mean, go to class, sit beside someone , and make small talk.
Make the act of making friends a goal just like your goals of working out
- just remember that as you can try too hard in the gym and over train, so to can ya in making friends..

You need some memories to look back on 10 years from now.
I'm in my fourth year of college with a couple changed majors under my belt, staring down another year and a half to go. And i made it my goal a couple sems back to just make a new acquiantence ever class session/day. regardless of whether i remembered their name or ever talked to them again. Eventually you gain an appreciation from others for being outgoing, and in small talk you may find someone worth hanging out with or flirting with/dating. Use your lifting to your advantage with the girls on campus too. The guys that are at every party accumulating the beer gut dont exactly impress most girls.