i'm seriously depressed

Troymm

Awards
I just need to vent

I'm so fed up right now. I feel like my life is one big disappointment. I have a bunch issues ranging from my health to my normal life.

I recently found out i have some medical issues. low testosterone, hypoglycemic/at risk for diabetes, possibly hypothyroid,gyno, etc.... I was also fat before and i managed to lose the weight. Even though i lost the weight i still look like crap, i have absolutely no muscles and i'm all fat and bone(skinnyfat). Its also been hell since i lost the weight , i basically feel like i'm living in starvation. My metabolism is slow and i'm craving food all day long because i never can eat enough without going over my calories,the weird thing is i was never hungry while dieting down.... I feel weak cold and lethargic all day, i also have completely lost my sex drive in the past year or two..

My college progress is also totally screwed up. Some bad things happened to me when i was 19(wasnt in my control) and cause of that i lost out on about two years of school. So now i should have graduated already but i'm only in my second year.

I have no friends to hang out with and obviously no girlfriend(lol), so my day to day life is as boring as it gets and i never have anything good to look forward to, ever. The funny thing is i have normal personality and people generally think i'm a cool peron upon meeting me. However i dont allow myself to become close to anyone because its tough for me to go out and have good times when i'm so depressed all the time. Bars and clubs rave hell on my hearing so i have to avoid those places also...

it sucks living like this, i feel like crap, have not accomplished crap, and to top it off i look like crap...

i hate to post this depressing stuff in here but i just needed to vent. I dont open up this much to people in real life because people naturally judge each other. The moment you tell someone your issues they either dont want to hear it or it automatically labels you as a loser...

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
Improve what you have control over. Meet people, get into the gym, and focus on school.

Being depressed sucks, but allowing yourself to stay in it longer because of yourself isn't needed.

I'm sure most here have had PCT depression, and the only thing to do in either case is just keep yourself busy and do the best to drag yourself, kicking and screaming, out of it.

dpfisher

Yep I know how it goes, I'm still in school due to messing up a little and transferring and have some weird health issues myself... also didn't meet anyone at the new place cause I was with a girl who took a lot of my time when I first came here so I've been through all that. I will be 25 when I graduate college. Lots of my friends from high school have houses and real jobs now, I've gotten back in touch with a lot of them and always have people to hang out with now. Still feels like crap to be too old to still be going to school though. You just have to make it into a good thing. I've used my discontent with my current situation to stop myself from ****ing up further in school and motivate myself to work harder, and I've fixed my diet and worked out hard nearly every day for so long that I'm in better shape than anyone I know. One of my friends mopes all the time, nobody likes him anymore and he doesn't get invited anywhere anymore. Don't whine about your situation, just fix it and keep it to yourself. If people want to know about your life they will ask. Feeling sorry for yourself will get you nowhere, make it a conscious habit to ask yourself what you can do RIGHT NOW to make things better either now or in the future every time you want to mope. Good luck.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I just need to vent

I'm so fed up right now. I feel like my life is one big disappointment. I have a bunch issues ranging from my health to my normal life.

I recently found out i have some medical issues. low testosterone, hypoglycemic/at risk for diabetes, possibly hypothyroid,gyno, etc.... I was also fat before and i managed to lose the weight. Even though i lost the weight i still look like crap, i have absolutely no muscles and i'm all fat and bone(skinnyfat). Its also been hell since i lost the weight , i basically feel like i'm living in starvation. My metabolism is slow and i'm craving food all day long because i never can eat enough without going over my calories,the weird thing is i was never hungry while dieting down.... I feel weak cold and lethargic all day, i also have completely lost my sex drive in the past year or two..

My college progress is also totally screwed up. Some bad things happened to me when i was 19(wasnt in my control) and cause of that i lost out on about two years of school. So now i should have graduated already but i'm only in my second year.

I have no friends to hang out with and obviously no girlfriend(lol), so my day to day life is as boring as it gets and i never have anything good to look forward to, ever. The funny thing is i have normal personality and people generally think i'm a cool peron upon meeting me. However i dont allow myself to become close to anyone because its tough for me to go out and have good times when i'm so depressed all the time. Bars and clubs rave hell on my hearing so i have to avoid those places also...

it sucks living like this, i feel like crap, have not accomplished crap, and to top it off i look like crap...

i hate to post this depressing stuff in here but i just needed to vent. I dont open up this much to people in real life because people naturally judge each other. The moment you tell someone your issues they either dont want to hear it or it automatically labels you as a loser...

Concerning your medical issues, leave that up to your doctors to sort out. If it turns out that you can personally do things to turn these issues around than do them. You are far too young to be this unhealthy. I don't say this to condemn you, I say this in the hopes that you don't have to kiss your 60's goodbye.

As far as college goes, life is full of setbacks, welcome to the world, it is hard, unfair, and it can be a joyless, cold, place. Some Eastern philosophies/religions declare that one cannot look to the outside world for his happiness, and that happiness can only be found inside of the person. In the West Christian tradition holds that happiness can only be found in God. I am not here to argue which one is right or wrong, only to point out the commonality in these belief systems: Happiness can never be determined by your circumstances. If your happiness is circumstance based then prepare to have a roller coaster of happiness/depression, and I am here to tell you that there will be more depression than happiness.

I am not going to get into the things that I have gone through, the rough patches, this isn't about me. Just be assured that I am not talking out of my ass, I have been on the recieving end of some serious adversity. I went through the depression(s), and I know how tough it is.

You need to begin looking to something larger than your current experiences.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey man, life is rough. The inportant thing is to address the issues that you can control. Luckily, things like low Test can fixed (and should be to prevent any further damage).

We all can help with your diet/fitness routine, and can assist you with goals. Although, it is no replacement for real-life contact, we can be a support system for you if needed.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Small goals towards a large one should help you out.

Ive never been "depressed", but who knows, im stubborn and i dont want to admit that to be part of "that group".

Its all about looking towards the future, ive thought of suicide but the fact that i made small steps toward a goal helped me a ton.

Fast forward to now, im a proud dad of a wonderful little boy, great family and couldnt be happier. I too was fat and took steps to change the way i looked

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Hang in there man. I think we all go through rough times. I have always found that shortly after my absolute worst depressions and horrible times usually comes my best. It always seems like life is a series of waves and as long as you go with them you will never be up or down to long. Right now you are in a rough spot because you are in a very negative place. It will be hard to go out and meet new people right off the bat. You need to start small and rebuild your confidence one step at a time. Smile at people and say hi when they pass you bye, eventually start small talk with them, then find people you really connect with and want to build friendships with and do it.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Keep your head up Troy.

There has been alot of good advice thus far.

Let the doctors get your hormones, thyroid and so forth in check. Stay the course on your diet and exercise. Maybe post your current diet and see what the gurus here say about it.

Control what you can. Positive thinking can result in positive feelings. The mind is a powerfull SOB.

I dont know if you have faith, but prayer to my higher power always gets me through rough spells(and good times too). Your in my prayers as well.

Your in college, thats a positive thing. Look at it that way, alot of people are not fortunate enough to be able to go. Stay the course with school, it will pay off.

Stay positive. It helps.

Good luck.

Troymm

Awards
thanks for all the comments everyone. as lame as it sounds the users who have posted in this thread have been the only people i've communicated with all day, well besides saying hi to mom in the house.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

I also believe in the fact that circumstances shouldnt make me depressed. But its so hard to feel normal when i have nothing good going for me. Throughout my life i've always had some BS that has always put me down, and the funny thing is i grew up pretty much a good kid. I never did drugs,smoked, i never even drunk liquor until i turned 21 last year.

One thing that i'm really working on is my health issues. But so far all the docs have let me down, i've seen several. They dont know whats causing my symptoms(i have a thread in the anti-aging section about that...) they also say that all my bloodwork looks "ok" even though i have raging symptoms...The only things that have been confirmed by bloods is my hypoglycemia and my super low testosterone ( 92 range(250-1100) )

Sometimes i go for walks in public just to try and clear my mind. I do make small talk with people just for shits and giggles it actually can be pretty entertaining to chat with random people, lol. But like i said i never get close to anyone, on the facade i put on a happy face but in reality i'm a depressed dude with a ton of baggage. At this point i would love to have a girl or some guy friends but at this time thats not even possible, i'm a mess emotionally. I can also tell i have a social "need" inside of me, i guess thats why i'm attracted to reading on forums/blogs etc..

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
man.. you don't have health 'problems' as such. Perhaps you're low on some hormones and crap fitness. But those things can be improved.

Presciption is:...
really good diet.
Hardcore workout routine at the gym
enough time for recovery.
Supplements here and there.

Time to fight back and beat the crap outta bad genetics and depression.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Doctors wont help you with test replacement? 92 is super low and i know when my test is low i feel like crap.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive suffered from depression for years, and ive been prescribed different anti depressants, but out of everything man, guess what? EXERCISE was, has been, and always will be my anti depressant, who on here cant agree with me that exercising makes you feel like a million bucks. Go to the doctor, he will guide you, and get yourself into the gym, pay for a few PT sessions, and learn the routines and techniques to get yourself going again.

Make fitness something you do for the rest of your life man, your whole world will open up to yoo. Mine did.

Good Luck

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Im really sorry to hear about your delima my friend.its your self esteem that really stands out to me in this situation.get in to the gym my friend,get a routine in your daily life going.lack of excercise can bring on fatigue on a daily basis,until you change your life style.which in turn could also do wonders with your health.you seem like a really cool and down to earth fella,and i really want to see you make it.
slick.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
92 Test--------- Your nuts are screaming... START HERE.

All joking aside. That low of test could be causing alot of your symptoms.

Get a flipping doctor that will do something about it.

Keep us posted.

Troymm

Awards
i'm currently working with a good doc. I just did the bloodwork for him and i'm waiting to hear back from him at this point,he's not local to me so i guess it takes a bit longer. I'm hoping he can help me sort out some of these hormonal issues.

slick, i definetly plan on going back to the gym. One of the reasons i stopped was because i kept getting ammonia in my breath within minutes of doing cardio(yes i eat carbs). That situation dissuaded me from doing cardio....then i started lifting, and i made absoltulely zero gains in strength....those things coupled with all the other BS keeps me from having any motivation for the gym.

I definitely want to get back to working out, i'll probably start with some calisthenics. Pullups, pushups, situps, etc... and whatever other type of body weight exercises i can find. Once my testosterone is up the first place i'm going is the weight room

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
92 Test--------- Your nuts are screaming... START HERE.

All joking aside. That low of test could be causing alot of your symptoms.

Get a flipping doctor that will do something about it.

Keep us posted.

For sure ...I had a good buddy who was an avid steroid user (he didn't know what he was doing though) he just stopped cold turkey one day...and his life turned to shite in a manner of months. Hes been booked in to the psych ward multiple times for suicide attempts...because of total testosterone shutdown. HE is now on HRT(after Anti-d's...didn't work they way they though tthey would lol) but still in the PW for now ...although they say he is doing better.
I myself suffer from chronic depression. I find regular exercise and eating healthy play a big role in keeping me sane.
On a side note picking a woman that is not a gold-digging, tire-biting ,whore when you feel better is the right choice to make to keep you sane and happy, when you decide to date.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For sure ...I had a good buddy who was an avid steroid user (he didn't know what he was doing though) he just stopped cold turkey one day...and his life turned to shite in a manner of months. Hes been booked in to the psych ward multiple times for suicide attempts...because of total testosterone shutdown. HE is now on HRT(after Anti-d's...didn't work they way they though tthey would lol) but still in the PW for now ...although they say he is doing better.
I myself suffer from chronic depression. I find regular exercise and eating healthy play a big role in keeping me sane.
On a side note picking a woman that is not a gold-digging, tire-biting ,whore when you feel better is the right choice to make to keep you sane and happy, when you decide to date.
Amen to the women thing, pick the wrong one and you will be 10x more depressed, not to mention broke. ****in broads these days I tell ya, and they wonder why they get dogged?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sometimes putting things in perspective helps. by no means are you the only person going through this. there's a guy on this forum who is 20, and has crohns disease, lupus, and a family history of diabetes. he lost 30 pounds this year when he was hospitalized with kidney failure.

i know it sucks, and nothing will change that, but there's always someone with a set of problems you wouldn't trade with.

as stated earlier, find a doctor who will put you on TRT and i guarantee your social anxiety and confidence issues will go away. keep on fighting brotha.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man suncloud, i have yet to see a post by you that wasnt truly genuine and thoughtfully expressed. Im getting used to seeing you around, and I wish there were more bro's like you around here man. Im repping you with my weak power not so you rep me back, but because from the day I've joined I have seen nothing but excellent post from you. Keep it up bro!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Man suncloud, i have yet to see a post by you that wasnt truly genuine and thoughtfully expressed. Im getting used to seeing you around, and I wish there were more bro's like you around here man. Im repping you with my weak power not so you rep me back, but because from the day I've joined I have seen nothing but excellent post from you. Keep it up bro!
i appreciate that man. thanks for your kind words :)

Troymm

Awards
sometimes putting things in perspective helps. by no means are you the only person going through this. there's a guy on this forum who is 20, and has crohns disease, lupus, and a family history of diabetes. he lost 30 pounds this year when he was hospitalized with kidney failure.

i know it sucks, and nothing will change that, but there's always someone with a set of problems you wouldn't trade with.

as stated earlier, find a doctor who will put you on TRT and i guarantee your social anxiety and confidence issues will go away. keep on fighting brotha.
this is very true. i've known someone in real life who suffered from renal kidney failure, he was young and it happened randomly...

i dont have social anxiety, but i definitely have depression and mood swings

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with you!,sunny really takes the time to talk to people,give really good advice, and he listens!..atta' boy sunny!..you da man!
slick.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
"If you dont like something, change it. if you can't change it, change the way you think of it."

Keep a positive attitude about everything in your life, and things will start to change for you.

Good luck and God bless

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Bruddas just hang in there. Depression is a thing of the mind, and it can be resisted no matter how gloom things are looking. Lemme throw out some of my current troubles.

Was jobless for 4 months(OWIES) financially ruinedededed for awhile.
Because of above it will take 2 years to recover financially, maybe 3.
Got extremely sick (ear, tooth,jaw, throat infection) for the last month.
Had to drop my classes because I missed so much do to sickness.
Car broke down(2002 civic EX, WTF)
My laptop just died today, permamentally....flipping sux more than you can beleive.
360 elite died a couple months ago.
I need dental work done BAAD, but have no money. A bad tooth is the reason for infections...
Lost alot of muscle and put on some fat due to stress, lack of food(no money), and no time for weights.
I have ZERO energy, period. No matter what, stims cant even get me going.

Bada bing bada boom baby!

I will leave out my woes from my Ex, and the other stuffs.

I say smile. Laugh it up man, you only live once. And I will not conform to the American societies ideals of everything being based off money. It can STFU. The devil himself seems to be in my finances and schooling. I have been in school for 3 years, and am technically only on year 2. Thanks to a girl screwing me up and my own stupidity.

Depression, nah. Look at it as a challenge. It is going though things like these that allow you to grow, to mature, to becme someone one, something, more than the average person. I have been going through hell. But you know what? I realize my child hood dream is coming true.

As a kid I wanted to be that guy people trusted, but who was still a lone wolf kinda guy, the one who was strong because of his past. Lookig back on the times I spent with my head in my hands and tears running down my face... I can see the growth given to me. These times are not to ruin my life, but to give me life. I watched the love of my life get married to another man in my church, less than a year after breaking up.... HAHA, sux for him ;)

It sucks man, I will pray for each of you who listed issues. But hell, enjoy yourselfs. If someone points an AK47 at your face. Laugh, i mean, mess with their minds man, enjoy it. If your gona die, at least make it unique lol.

If you wanna talk or something PM me and I will even shoot you my #. I get calls at 2am, 4am from friends who need to talk. Live your life.

Eventually you get so tired of being down, you promise to always look up. Good peeps on this board, and some wise ones too. You got, in a sense, a family on here.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Depression is a thing of the mindQUOTE]

Clinical depression is not though. It is related to either chemical or hormonal imbalances which gp's or therapists usually want treated with drugs. Your run of the mill, my life sucks i'm depressed though is a whole 'nuther ballgame. You have a good attitude about it though.

Troymm

Awards
Bruddas just hang in there. Depression is a thing of the mind, and it can be resisted no matter how gloom things are looking. Lemme throw out some of my current troubles.

Was jobless for 4 months(OWIES) financially ruinedededed for awhile.
Because of above it will take 2 years to recover financially, maybe 3.
Got extremely sick (ear, tooth,jaw, throat infection) for the last month.
Had to drop my classes because I missed so much do to sickness.
Car broke down(2002 civic EX, WTF)
My laptop just died today, permamentally....flipping sux more than you can beleive.
360 elite died a couple months ago.
I need dental work done BAAD, but have no money. A bad tooth is the reason for infections...
Lost alot of muscle and put on some fat due to stress, lack of food(no money), and no time for weights.
I have ZERO energy, period. No matter what, stims cant even get me going.

Bada bing bada boom baby!

I will leave out my woes from my Ex, and the other stuffs.

I say smile. Laugh it up man, you only live once. And I will not conform to the American societies ideals of everything being based off money. It can STFU. The devil himself seems to be in my finances and schooling. I have been in school for 3 years, and am technically only on year 2. Thanks to a girl screwing me up and my own stupidity.

Depression, nah. Look at it as a challenge. It is going though things like these that allow you to grow, to mature, to becme someone one, something, more than the average person. I have been going through hell. But you know what? I realize my child hood dream is coming true.

As a kid I wanted to be that guy people trusted, but who was still a lone wolf kinda guy, the one who was strong because of his past. Lookig back on the times I spent with my head in my hands and tears running down my face... I can see the growth given to me. These times are not to ruin my life, but to give me life. I watched the love of my life get married to another man in my church, less than a year after breaking up.... HAHA, sux for him ;)

It sucks man, I will pray for each of you who listed issues. But hell, enjoy yourselfs. If someone points an AK47 at your face. Laugh, i mean, mess with their minds man, enjoy it. If your gona die, at least make it unique lol.

If you wanna talk or something PM me and I will even shoot you my #. I get calls at 2am, 4am from friends who need to talk. Live your life.

Eventually you get so tired of being down, you promise to always look up. Good peeps on this board, and some wise ones too. You got, in a sense, a family on here.
thanks man, lol this post definitely gave me a laugh.

Depression is a thing of the mind
Clinical depression is not though. It is related to either chemical or hormonal imbalances which gp's or therapists usually want treated with drugs. Your run of the mill, my life sucks i'm depressed though is a whole 'nuther ballgame. You have a good attitude about it though.
this is true, some people suffer from clinical depression, that must be tough, i know there are people who are depressed and dont even know why they are down...

i'm not clinically depressed, its just that my circumstances make me feel that way. I wouldn't even consider taking an anti-depressant no matter how shitty i feel.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks man, lol this post definitely gave me a laugh.

this is true, some people suffer from clinical depression, that must be tough, i know there are people who are depressed and dont even know why they are down...

i'm not clinically depressed, its just that my circumstances make me feel that way. I wouldn't even consider taking an anti-depressant no matter how shitty i feel.
then obviously you have no idea how it feels to be actually medically suffering from a seratonin deficiency, if you did man... you would beg for medicine, your ego wouldnt stand a chance, no offense man, that was kind of an ignorant comment and you shouldnt speak on things you havent been through. Trust me man, ssri's save peoples lives, sure there a drug, but if they help people live normal lives which otherwise would be hell on earth, I dont take them as we speak, but I have, and I know for a fact it wasnt just in my head, I was doing well, hot girlfriend, nice physique, car, condo, and I still wanted to die everyday for a long time, until I reached out for help, I have a big family and many suffer from this illness, and all of then do just fine financially, so its not in your head at all, its a disease and it affects millions, the only people who say stupid stuff like "depression" isnt real or its for lazy people, are the people who have never felt what its like, your entire life stops, its hell on earth, Ive escaped for now, with herbal remedies and amino acids as my antidepressants, and good old exercise. Im lucky , for now, who knows how long ill be ok though.Support the guys who cry out for help, dont tell them its just in their heads, cause if they are really depressed and they listen to their heads they will so something terrible to themselves or a loved one or a stranger. Sorry to rant anbd in no way am I ripping on anyone, Ive been there, and trust me, It aint just in your head!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
then obviously you have no idea how it feels to be actually medically suffering from a seratonin deficiency, if you did man... you would beg for medicine, your ego wouldnt stand a chance, no offense man, that was kind of an ignorant comment and you shouldnt speak on things you havent been through. Trust me man, ssri's save peoples lives, sure there a drug, but if they help people live normal lives which otherwise would be hell on earth, I dont take them as we speak, but I have, and I know for a fact it wasnt just in my head, I was doing well, hot girlfriend, nice physique, car, condo, and I still wanted to die everyday for a long time, until I reached out for help, I have a big family and many suffer from this illness, and all of then do just fine financially, so its not in your head at all, its a disease and it affects millions, the only people who say stupid stuff like "depression" isnt real or its for lazy people, are the people who have never felt what its like, your entire life stops, its hell on earth, Ive escaped for now, with herbal remedies and amino acids as my antidepressants, and good old exercise. Im lucky , for now, who knows how long ill be ok though.Support the guys who cry out for help, dont tell them its just in their heads, cause if they are really depressed and they listen to their heads they will so something terrible to themselves or a loved one or a stranger. Sorry to rant anbd in no way am I ripping on anyone, Ive been there, and trust me, It aint just in your head!
Sometimes SSRI's actually help a person to feel just good enough to kill themselves... its why they are wary prescribing em anymore.

Personally from my experience with doctors, it was chemical with me. There was nothing people could say to make things better, it was like having combo of dementia, mania, hystaria, all wrapped up in saddness and pain. I still dissagree to a certain exten of mass using SSRI's and other anti depressats. They are over used. And on top of that. You can alter your bodies state more than you think with your mind. In a sense you can restructure your mind, in a way that works with the design its given.

All things are possible. When I was in like 6th or 7th grade, I cried all the time because I realized my parents would die... even though that was years away, thats how bad I was off lol. Crazy stuff even worse than that happened...

I did mentally restructure myself many times, it cost me some memories, and portions of who I was, but today, cured is what I am. Not as sensitive or open as much though, but tougher mentally, and resiliant to trials. Reality is to some degree what you percieve it to be. If you can simply alter what reality is, as in fin a differant way to look at situatians, then you can control the world to a degree. Well, at least how you face it. All the most famuos and creative people in history were probably chemically imbalanced and epressed. The great writers, artists, inventors. It is the drive they have tht breaks the bouns of reality, an what is, that allows them to draw upon ideals and desire from otuside what is the norm. Plus, they are above normal people in a sense tht they dont follow society, they cant, it eats them up.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sometimes SSRI's actually help a person to feel just good enough to kill themselves... its why they are wary prescribing em anymore.

Personally from my experience with doctors, it was chemical with me. There was nothing people could say to make things better, it was like having combo of dementia, mania, hystaria, all wrapped up in saddness and pain. I still dissagree to a certain exten of mass using SSRI's and other anti depressats. They are over used. And on top of that. You can alter your bodies state more than you think with your mind. In a sense you can restructure your mind, in a way that works with the design its given.

All things are possible. When I was in like 6th or 7th grade, I cried all the time because I realized my parents would die... even though that was years away, thats how bad I was off lol. Crazy stuff even worse than that happened...

I did mentally restructure myself many times, it cost me some memories, and portions of who I was, but today, cured is what I am. Not as sensitive or open as much though, but tougher mentally, and resiliant to trials. Reality is to some degree what you percieve it to be. If you can simply alter what reality is, as in fin a differant way to look at situatians, then you can control the world to a degree. Well, at least how you face it. All the most famuos and creative people in history were probably chemically imbalanced and epressed. The great writers, artists, inventors. It is the drive they have tht breaks the bouns of reality, an what is, that allows them to draw upon ideals and desire from otuside what is the norm. Plus, they are above normal people in a sense tht they dont follow society, they cant, it eats them up.
good post man,but i never said to mass prescribe the ssris, I just know for most they help alot. CHEERS

Troymm

Awards

you got me all wrong. I know i'm not medically depressed,and i know many people are in fact clinically depressed. This is the reason why i dont even deserve antidepressents, hence the reason i wouldn't take any. They are intended for people with true clinical depression.

i cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to be clinically depressed. i know it must be horrible...

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you got me all wrong. I know i'm not medically depressed,and i know many people are in fact clinically depressed. This is the reason why i dont even deserve antidepressents, hence the reason i wouldn't take any. They are intended for people with true clinical depression.

i cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to be clinically depressed. i know it must be horrible...
my bad bro, didnt mean to come off hard on ya, its life debilatating it truly is, I appreciate those kind words for all who have and currently do suffer from it. We all get down, but down for no reason, crying when you should be happy? not good, ruins lives, its sad, Im currently talking to stallion 83 who asked us all for help, so if any of you see him give him big ups , he really needs it, he seems liek a good bro, Im msning with him now,hes just alone, being alone even as a man with muscles, a car job, even for guys with muscles is really hard, imagine how it would feel if noone in the world loved you, noone! now that is a tough go. He feels alone cause his girls gone, well hes not, were here, and I just recently joined this forum and Im glad I did. tons of info and great people who actually give a damn, I go outside my front door not 1 person gives a flying fck about me, come on here and its all love and support.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
check my quote as well, and the next time you see someone ask for help... make sure your there to answer that call my friend, you could be saving a life.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hang in there bro because whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt be half the man I am today if it wasnt for the suffering and pain of my past, and I have learned to embrace today what suffering and pain comes my way for the man it will make me tomorrow.

A lil tidbit I thought of this morning in church : )

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Having gone from doc to doc looking for the right one, is well annoying, draining and can cause some depression....I was told I had lupus AFTER many trips to the doc and many tests that came out "low to normal"......I thought I was going crazy becuase I felt like such crap and no one could tell me what the hell was wrong......

I wish you luck, keep going till you get the answers you deserve.......than tackle one issue at a time, and really one day you will wake up and think,....hmmm i dont feel so bad today........

HUGZ

TC

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
hang tough man, i even came up in a whole world different than i ever thought i would had many hard times, went through many hard things that many people in their life will never see, got secrets ill take to my grave man, but everything ive done was for the future better me everything that you have done is what makes you the man you are today and the man you will be in years from now, what you need to do is start eating healthier again, when your test levels get back up hit the weights hard even till then still hit the weights hard thats my number one motivation cuz lets face it chicks dig the frame so to make yourself feel better you gotta do everything you can to make yourself look, feel and act better man, i can relate ive never let one person get to close to me its what makes me stronger some say its not a good quality but hey it makes me who i am and i am a strong willed confident mother fu**er man, heres one tip i can give ya for some help with the ladies once i started tryin different methods out on how to meet and date women one worked out the best, any woman you meet act as if you already have a girlfriend so that the girl your talking to doesnt mean a thing shes just a random walker and thats when girls can see the real side of you no fake BS and no trying to impress and you will get looks and them digits and be alot happier man. if you ever need to talk gimme a pm man ill hit u back asap, just always look to the positives man you gotta get out there your in college like me this is the best time of your life making new friends and a future career and if getting a great career on track doesnt make you look to the future and make you happy knowing your gunna make lots of money drivin down the street in your BMW or w.e than you really need to start thinkin positive man ok good luck hang tought we are all here for you o and steer clear of the bottle doesnt work like i thought it would just does for an hour that sets you right back in the **** hole

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I just need to vent

I found this old thread and thought..."what ever happened"..... I hope your well and got the answers you needed :)

TC

PS.. forgive me asking sooner, life sometimes gets in the way!!! I hope your ok..

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I will be 25 when I graduate college. Still feels like crap to be too old to still be going to school though.
25 old? WTF are you talking about? BTW, I'm 33 and still going to school. i do not care your age, if you're bettering yourself it does not matter. i may take classes till I'm 70, always keep learning man.

To the OP. boo fuc*ing hoo, what have you done to change any of that? i know that while you're depressed it's hard to change anything, but there are times of ease there, if only for a brief minute, at those times pick one or two small things to change. "if nothing changes, nothing changes", make sense? take a life lesson, the reason you are down now is so you can learn to get back up, Patience and practice will continue for a lifetime. you are in control of your life, time to be a grown up, and yes it can suck sometimes, but you're in control. as far as you saying your not and mentioning it in your previous post, i say bullsh*t. it's really easy to sit back and not take the initiative to change, or play the victim, some do that for a lifetime, those are the real losers not you, you have time and so many opportunities to change it's sick, and worse off, everyday that goes by, is a day wasted.

so, what are you going to change today? who's in charge of your life?:think:

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
25 old? WTF are you talking about? BTW, I'm 33 and still going to school. i do not care your age, if you're bettering yourself it does not matter. i may take classes till I'm 70, always keep learning man.

To the OP. boo fuc*ing hoo, what have you done to change any of that? i know that while you're depressed it's hard to change anything, but there are times of ease there, if only for a brief minute, at those times pick one or two small things to change. "if nothing changes, nothing changes", make sense? take a life lesson, the reason you are down now is so you can learn to get back up, Patience and practice will continue for a lifetime. you are in control of your life, time to be a grown up, and yes it can suck sometimes, but you're in control. as far as you saying your not and mentioning it in your previous post, i say bullsh*t. it's really easy to sit back and not take the initiative to change, or play the victim, some do that for a lifetime, those are the real losers not you, you have time and so many opportunities to change it's sick, and worse off, everyday that goes by, is a day wasted.

so, what are you going to change today? who's in charge of your life?:think:
Bit late for the ass whooping seeing as the post is six months old. Did you catch this kid rocking back and forth on top of your old lady or taking a dump in your swimming pool or something? :slap:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Bit late for the ass whooping seeing as the post is six months old. Did you catch this kid rocking back and forth on top of your old lady or taking a dump in your swimming pool or something? :slap:
ass whooping? that's not at all what i was trying to convay here. you took it way out of context, well, sort of. allow me to explaine.

we've got a kid here who was depressed and maybe still is. i realized this thread was quite old btw, but deceided to comment on it anyway since someone felt the need to bring it back from the dead instead of just sending a PM to the thread originator.

let me first start by saying that i was trying to be helpful not trying to be a **** or pick on someone. on this thread we have over 30 replies patting this kid on the head and telling him it's gonna be ok. and although that does work some of the time for some, it does not always work for all. maybe that's why this kid has not made another comment on this board since May. but maybe that has nothing to do with it. over the last 4 years i have sent more time one on one with people that suffer from clinical depression and those that are just simply depressed than i would bet you have. this does not make me an expert but does grant me the experience of dealing with situations like this. you fail to realize something due to your lack of inexperience. and that is that some people do not respond to the "pat on the head" treatment very well and need a good kick in the a$$ once and a while. as i have stated already, this post is old and the op has had time to heal, if he has not then maybe, just maybe my post will give him the shove that he needs to do something about his situation.

i don't mind you making to comments that you made or the PM that i received from another member either. i wanted to make clear my motives for my comments, thats all. now critize me, tell me i'm crazy or what have you.

and btw, the next time you comment on something i post, leave my "old lady" out of it. not funny. now if you'll excuse me i have to go beat up some middle school kids for their lunch money.:nana:

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
To the OP. boo fuc*ing hoo, what have you done to change any of that?
over the last 4 years i have sent more time one on one with people that suffer from clinical depression and those that are just simply depressed than i would bet you have. this does not make me an expert but does grant me the experience of dealing with situations like this. you fail to realize something due to your lack of inexperience. and that is that some people do not respond to the "pat on the head" treatment very well and need a good kick in the a$$ once and a while.
Not going to get into a pissing contest as to who knows more ****ed up people me or you bud, but I really can't tell you just how wrong you really are on this one, particularly if 4 years is the sum of your experience. :)

You don't come across in your approach in this one as someone who has a lot of experience in dealing with clinical depression. You come across as a guy who's watched way too much Dr. Phil.

Nothing personal, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
ass whooping? that's not at all what i was trying to convay here. you took it way out of context, well, sort of. allow me to explaine.

we've got a kid here who was depressed and maybe still is. i realized this thread was quite old btw, but deceided to comment on it anyway since someone felt the need to bring it back from the dead instead of just sending a PM to the thread originator.

let me first start by saying that i was trying to be helpful not trying to be a **** or pick on someone. on this thread we have over 30 replies patting this kid on the head and telling him it's gonna be ok. and although that does work some of the time for some, it does not always work for all. maybe that's why this kid has not made another comment on this board since May. but maybe that has nothing to do with it. over the last 4 years i have sent more time one on one with people that suffer from clinical depression and those that are just simply depressed than i would bet you have. this does not make me an expert but does grant me the experience of dealing with situations like this. you fail to realize something due to your lack of inexperience. and that is that some people do not respond to the "pat on the head" treatment very well and need a good kick in the a$$ once and a while. as i have stated already, this post is old and the op has had time to heal, if he has not then maybe, just maybe my post will give him the shove that he needs to do something about his situation.

i don't mind you making to comments that you made or the PM that i received from another member either. i wanted to make clear my motives for my comments, thats all. now critize me, tell me i'm crazy or what have you.

and btw, the next time you comment on something i post, leave my "old lady" out of it. not funny. now if you'll excuse me i have to go beat up some middle school kids for their lunch money.:nana:
Your right i did bring this back from the dead, I was wondering whatever happened to this person, perhaps a PM would have been better, but i didn't think me bringing back a old thread would get a reaction like this, Like you I to have years of experience in this area, I was merely hoping all was well with this member.....
I miss the old days with the old members, <sigh>

TC

toughedup

toughedup

Awards
Dude, Staying upset won't help you one bit....try making friends and I think you won't have much problems dere coz ppl consider you a kool person upon meeting...whose telling you to pour your heart out in front of a "new" frnd...keep it slow and steady n TRY having fun good luck man!!

latspread00

Awards
yea ever since i started juicin ive been ****ed up in the head ever since. parents made me go to a therapist they put me on medicine works a lil bit but stopped takin it the other day now i just hate everyone and im pissed all the time and jus think abiout killen people..lol

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been cautious about giving advice, even friendly, outside of "try and talk to a therapist". A little bit of a pep talk is okay but if you've ever come across someone who's reached a point where they are thinking about ending their lives, you learn that anything you do or say can have a terrible outcome and one that will always haunt you.

The "boo-****ing hoo" type of suck it up advice is really not appropriate. I'm pretty sure cookie cutter motivational techniques aren't exactly helpful to those suffering from various forms of depression and psychological disorders.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Let your doctors work on the health issues. Once those are in order, perhaps that'll give you a sense of hope and aleviate some of the depression. Then, hopefully you'll have the motivation/energy to start working on the things you can control, such as appearance, social life, etc. Take it a step at a time and hopefully, things will progressively improve. In the meantime, an antidepressant might help to kickstart the self improvement process. You'd have to ask the doc for his opinion on that, obviously. But, sitting around crying woe is me won't solve the problems. You've got to take action.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I was going to recommend therapy.
And having clinical mental issues you were born with is
a pain in the arse. .
But since you are not clinically I'd say like the rest of the bros say,
Let your docs fix your medical condition and keep fighting.
Find things you enjoy and do them.

A man only has two choices, fight to the end or die.
Anything else is a waste of life.
Just my two cents.

Good luck and good fortune in all you do bro.