Rules during separation??

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
What are the rules during a separation? My wife moved out some time ago and the kids stayed with me. We are working toward an amicable divorce. Needless to say, I haven't been with any one in a long time and am about ready to crawl out of my skin. I am reluctant to put my foot in the water because we are still legally married and don't want to complicate things. But, the emotional and physical loneliness is hard to deal with. How have other people approached this? Thanks

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seperation with no chance of reconciliation = singledom.

Just make sure the welfare of your children come first, and keep any new relationship seperate from them until a significant period of time has elapsed.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
a freind of mine is going thru the excact same thing. recently, she was trying to sleep with him again, and i strongly advised against it, due to obvious emotional attatchments. My opinion, kids first, women second. at the risk of sounding crass, thats what your right hand is for. best of luck.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a freind of mine is going thru the excact same thing. recently, she was trying to sleep with him again, and i strongly advised against it, due to obvious emotional attatchments. My opinion, kids first, women second. at the risk of sounding crass, thats what your right hand is for. best of luck.
disagree. Kids first, YOU second, friends and family third, women as an afterthought :bandit:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
disagree. Kids first, YOU second, friends and family third, women as an afterthought :bandit:
Ahh, i can agree with that. The most important part of my post is kids first. im a family man thru and thru.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
My first priority throughout this whole mess has been my kids. I have tried to be as upfront and honest with them as possible. I guess I'm looking down stream a bit as far as new relationships go. This is all new territory for me and I'm curious how others worked through it.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ages of the kids can determine what and how you do things.

Young ones tend to get attached more.

FFChris

FFChris

Awards
I agree with keeping the kids first.. If you can wait until everything is final it will be a better transition for them... I don't know how old your kids are. But emotional scares are difficult to deal with with young kids.. Most often they believe they are the reason for the divorce..

My parents divorced when I was 9, I spent several years thinking I was the reason for there split up. Turns out I wasn't..

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
I have a 15 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. It has been harder on my son I think, trying to understand everything. For my daughter, it seems to have given her some relief. No more fights(verbal) in the house, plus her relationship with her mom had become pretty strained. They are working on fixing that. It can be an overwhelming feeling sometimes thinking about how complicated life is.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I have a 15 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. It has been harder on my son I think, trying to understand everything. For my daughter, it seems to have given her some relief. No more fights(verbal) in the house, plus her relationship with her mom had become pretty strained. They are working on fixing that. It can be an overwhelming feeling sometimes thinking about how complicated life is.
My daughter is 14 buddy i know all about it. my wife is not her mother, and i have another on the way. I would chill out on the dating seen 4 awhile.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
Yeah, I don't plan on jumping into the dating world any time soon. Just looking for guidance on how to proceed when the time is right.