Is wife the only wife that trips out over supps?

aries70

aries70

Awards
My wife wiggs out if I take anything other than vitamin c. I could see if I was hooked on Jack or Crack. But I'm just trying to live right and get hooked on the gym. Holla back if I'm not the only one dealing with this.

:type:

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I used to get the same thing from the GF. I tried to explain to her what each supplement did to the body and that's when the nagging had stopped....plus she likes the results on me

aries70

aries70

Awards
I did that and it slowed her up SOME but she still questions it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girlfriend is a heroine addict, so she can't say anything.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, that's not true...does your wife lift at all?

aries70

aries70

Awards
LOL!! You got me Irish, I was at a loss for words on that one.

:laugh:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
My wife calls me a mad scientist but I've been supplementing for quite a few years now and as long as I'm healthy, she's happy. As a matter of fact she bought me Prime for Christmas. I knew all those years ago, I married the right girl.:laugh:

:bruce3:

cmc

cmc

Awards
My wife wiggs out if I take anything other than vitamin c. I could see if I was hooked on Jack or Crack. But I'm just trying to live right and get hooked on the gym. Holla back if I'm not the only one dealing with this.

That sux. Here is one for ya. A few years back I dated a chick. Her sister was visiting so I got up early, went to the store, came back and made breakfast for everyone--my gf, her daughter, and her sister. Thinking that I was going to get major brownie points(she was fithy rich), she flipped her shizz when she saw..ok..ready...a half gallon of Neuman's Own tango mango juice (similar to oj).

I was like wtf? It was like pure hell, she flipped out big time.." I dont want my daughter drinking that garbage" and then she threw the juice outside. I couldnt believe it.

The very next day we were all out at the aquarium...time for lunch. My gf's sister asked where we could go for lunch. My gf suggested Friendly's.

After that suggestion, I blasted her. What an idiot. Needless to say, find a girl that is cool.

aries70

aries70

Awards
CMC that is too funny,I can almost pictur how you looked at her.

Resolve, is she wanting a baby? Uh Oh!!

If I told my wife I want another kid she would spike my drink, food and anything else with Libido killers and thats only way supps would be ok in her book.

:swordfight:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I get **** all the time ,..a bout how much I spend, take, whatever!!! I tried to explain to her what everything is,.. and she just couldn't wrap her mind around the whole shabang!!
It gets aggitating at times,... breath,.. but what can I do?!?!!? She's not very active and just is oblivious to the whole bodybuilding, fitness thing!!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
My wife worries about me taking all these different supp's. I try to explain to her what the different supps do and how they should be cycled. She never bitches about any aspect of it, and she doesn't say anything about what I spend, because she has her eBay.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resolve, is she wanting a baby? Uh Oh!!

If I told my wife I want another kid she would spike my drink, food and anything else with Libido killers and thats only way supps would be ok in her book.
:swordfight:
Nah, fortunately she's real laid back about having kids - she just thinks they're really cute.

But she's unusual in this thread cuz she takes almost as many supps as I do.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL well it could be worse...you could be supporting my supplement bill and yours. ;)

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Well, yeah,. kinda,.. nagging me!!!
But in all honesty, no,. other than the puter and myspace, no!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL well it could be worse...you could be supporting my supplement bill and yours. ;)
Ha! Believe me, I'm not complaining - it rocks that she's as much into this as I. But then, she has not advanced to the more serious stuff that you'll sometimes employ yet, but she hasn't had a reason to either. It's not like we gotta prep for Arnold. :D

Major-league kicks ass right there.
Serious. She's stronger than a majority of the men in our gym.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah its great when both people enjoy it and agree. Makes the supplement budget so much nicer to talk about.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established

Easy solution. Play it cool and explain it to her. If she still continues to nag, you play it right back at her with her **** (makeup, creams, lotions, shoes, accessories, etc) because women are WAY worse.

Hopefully, you come to a mutual understanding that you don't nag about her stuff and she doesn't nag about yours.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Well, yeah,. kinda,.. nagging me!!!
But in all honesty, no,. other than the puter and myspace, no!!!
there lies your problem. she doesn't do anything........get her a fishing pole for the next holiday for christ sakes.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
My wife hates me using supplements of any kind. She hates that i'm a bodybuilder, but shes finally starting to understand the sport a little bit better, or at least the passion that i have for it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha! Believe me, I'm not complaining - it rocks that she's as much into this as I. But then, she has not advanced to the more serious stuff that you'll sometimes employ yet, but she hasn't had a reason to either. It's not like we gotta prep for Arnold. :D
If I ever go to the Arnold, I'm going to diet down real hard and get shredded, and then eat candy bars and donuts while walking around just to piss people off.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I generally have to take the lil lady shopping when I plan on making an order...

dirtydeweyjr

Awards
Educate your wife. Maybe eventually she will be training with you.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Mine used to do my shots...until she hit a bleeder one day...that freaked her out pretty good and she doesn't do them anymore...

reap32

Awards
my wife said i should give up the gym for lent......and when she gets mad at me she says to go and mix your drink

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established

she only belives that there not good for u because of the media man it has brainwashd a large portion the world

aries70

aries70

Awards
Okay, that's not true...does your wife lift at all?

No my wife does not work really but she does hit treadmill and the eliptical machine and sauna but that's about it. She used to be a professional cheer leader until I begged her to marry me. :smlove2:

I tried to get to research something for herself but she will barely take tylenol.

southernxgun

southernxgun

Awards
man when my girlfriend and i first started dating she thought whey and creatine were steroids. :laugh: ive tried and tried to explain the supps that im taking to her but it goes in one ear and out the other. shes pretty much given up on talking me out of them but i still get dirty looks when mixing a protein shake haha

aries70

aries70

Awards
man when my girlfriend and i first started dating she thought whey and creatine were steroids. :laugh: ive tried and tried to explain the supps that im taking to her but it goes in one ear and out the other. shes pretty much given up on talking me out of them but i still get dirty looks when mixing a protein shake haha

I know it's like they're expecting us to just fall over after the downing of a chocolatey protein shake.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
fukc that.. I will change for no woman, not in the supplement/steroid aspect, that is.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
My GF would also complain that I spend to much time at the gym, thats when I told her "would rather have me go to a bar everyday after work for Happy Hour like all your friends BF's?"

After that, she never complained as long as I would make time for her.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend calls me a drug addict.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine doesn't care about my supps, but she trips about other stuff though.