joined the "fool at gym" club

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Originally posted by Andy2k

We're all in the same boat there I think! You soon learn that collars can be a pain sometimes.
    I cracked my coccyx after failing on a Bench Press at home, collars on, in a narrow room - had to put the bar on the chest and roll it down, unfortunately, my coccyx took the brunt of it.
    Makes me cringe just remembering it.
    ouch! but still, i like usin collars and especially when trying for a personal best i always ask for a spotter...but if the gym's empty or if theres no one in there i'd trust, i change my w/o and use dumbells. its all good.

2. Nelson

My embarrassing moment

A few months ago I was still bulking.
    I had put on a bit of weight.
    It was leg day and I was in the squat rack doing my third set of squats.
    I was lowering down into the hole for about my 5th rep, when I heard a tearing noise.
    I thought, `**** my shorts have split & my fat ass is sticking out for the whole world to see`.
    So I composed myself and went down for another.
    Again there was a tearing noise.
    At this stage I was trying like hell to stay focused on the squats.
    I finished my last few reps.
    Turned around and checked my rear end in the mirror.
    It wasn`t my shorts, rather it was my boxer shorts which had ripped.
    Anyway, although I was still a bit embarrassed, I felt like I was making some progress because my glutes were so big they had ripped the seams on my boxer shorts.
    •   

3. This episode doesn't focus on me, so much as the assault on my olfactory sense. Posted in the Whats In Whats Out thread not too long ago about the amazing job this guys asspipe was doing at seeping everywhere during the course of his squat routine... well, the drama continues and today it was more of an issue because it was leg day. The seepy bastard was back, squeakin and 'thrrrrp'in' all over the place. People once again ran in disgust, and had I been able to get close enough to ask him what the hell his problem was, I would surely have done so... as it was I was just trying to focus on my damn workout. Good thing there wasn't an open flame around. Word of advice to aspiring lifters everywhere... if you're going to start lifting and taking in protein powder, see how your body adjusts to it before you ruin a gym's business with your exploding butthole.
  4. culmination of retardation

I've been rolling at what everyone wrote...but check this out.... mine has to be stupidest of all. I've sandwiched my hand while dropping a dumbell on a dumbell, had to roll up under a bar, but this one takes the cake. Saw a fly on a laminated poster on the wall. Decided I was bored between sets, so I'd kill it. Too chicken to use my hand, I took a 5 lb dumbell, and smashed it against the glossy poster. Turns out, it was glass, not plastic, and the entire thing spiderwebbed into a large crack. The people at the desk asked me if I was alright, and told me to sign a waiver saying I don't need medical help. When someone revealed the fact I used a weight, not my fist, it was an embarrasing moment, especially after I went along with the whole "it's okay, don't worry about it, i forgive you guys for having a glass frame in the gym" dialogue.
  5. Re: culmination of retardation

Originally posted by baham99
    I've been rolling at what everyone wrote...but check this out.... mine has to be stupidest of all. I've sandwiched my hand while dropping a dumbell on a dumbell, had to roll up under a bar, but this one takes the cake. Saw a fly on a laminated poster on the wall. Decided I was bored between sets, so I'd kill it. Too chicken to use my hand, I took a 5 lb dumbell, and smashed it against the glossy poster. Turns out, it was glass, not plastic, and the entire thing spiderwebbed into a large crack. The people at the desk asked me if I was alright, and told me to sign a waiver saying I don't need medical help. When someone revealed the fact I used a weight, not my fist, it was an embarrasing moment, especially after I went along with the whole "it's okay, don't worry about it, i forgive you guys for having a glass frame in the gym" dialogue.
    NICE! I dropped a 10lb plate directly on my foot yesterday(it was hidden over a 45lb plate) I think I did some actual damage this time.
    •   

6. ouch man... on toes or further up on bridge area? that's a bitch... at least it was a 10

7. Originally posted by Biggin
    ouch man... on toes or further up on bridge area? that's a bitch... at least it was a 10
    On the bridge. A little trouble putting weight on it today.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IanM4208 joins the 200+ club with SD
    By ianm4208 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 05:32 PM
  2. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 02:09 AM
  3. Manny Ramirez joins the 500 Home run club!!
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
  4. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 01:05 AM
  5. Joining the Army at 32 good or bad idea
    By Neu in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 08:15 PM