Want to get my Dad dumbbells for Christmas...Suggestions?

Ibench800

Awards
My dad is a realtor and got a pretty nice olympic bench with a bunch of weights, a weight tree, bar, the works....
The only problem is that he barely has any dumbbells. He has a set of 15lbs and a set of 30lbs, the solid hex ones that u can get from a sporting goods store. He expressed interest in getting heavier ones (like 35, 40, 45, 50, etc), nothing really heavy. He doesn't lift big and he has NO need for dumbbells over like 50-60 pounds. And I live at school, so I won't need to use any of this.

Any suggestions? The hex dumbbells are expensive IMO per pound. And Powerblocks are WAY outta my price range. I'm a college senior with barely any income. I want to get him a DVD player too (can't believe they don't have one yet), and dumbbellls. I don't want to spend any more than $100 combined on the two gifts.

Sorry for the kinda long post. Any advice from others with a home gym?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Get him a pair of Dumbell bars w/collars. If he has weight, problem solved. Tell him you got the suggestion from me.:D

Ibench800

Awards
I'm thinking of getting him two Olympic dumbbell bars with collars. Can you suggest anything else? I checked dickssportinggoods.com and each of those is $30. So I don't think I can afford to buy two of those plus collars considering I already purchased a DVD player for him.

Any other suggestions? I didn't realize weights were this expensive.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of getting him two Olympic dumbbell bars with collars. Can you suggest anything else? I checked dickssportinggoods.com and each of those is $30. So I don't think I can afford to buy two of those plus collars considering I already purchased a DVD player for him.

Any other suggestions? I didn't realize weights were this expensive.
I would try some other places. you might be able to find them cheaper. Your dad should already have collars if he has an olympic weight set.He can just use those.