Extinct animal has been brought back to life for the first time after being cloned...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, BV would have a heart attack if they could clone the wooly mammoth.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Soo when is Jurrasic park california opening?

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
That's the kinda sh*t they need to leave alone. I know they look the same, but it's whats inside thats different. One day they it will end up like some movie where something "genetically engineered" snaps and starts killing.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
one step closer to them cloning humans

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Haven't the Raelians been doing this for a while now. Why our we worried about this. Here is the real concern:

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Nah, number one threat

is

BEARS!

and the impending inevitable zombie apocalypse...

and then...

ZOMBIE BEARS

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, I can't wait to see what an Ibex tastes like

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
how far away is human cloning :think:

in a secret lab somewhere...?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
It is awesome that scientists are working on a solution to bring back animal species that went extinct recently. However, they (we) should also consider preventing extinction - we pollute too damn much and are careless of our environment.

/e off the box

Etomic

Awards
  • Established
That's the kinda sh*t they need to leave alone. I know they look the same, but it's whats inside thats different. One day they it will end up like some movie where something "genetically engineered" snaps and starts killing.
Because that never happens with authentic humans...

But I do agree that it should be left alone, unless humans were directly responsible for its downfall.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is awesome that scientists are working on a solution to bring back animal species that went extinct recently. However, they (we) should also consider preventing extinction - we pollute too damn much and are careless of our environment.

/e off the box
no need if you can clone em later. all you have to do is map their genetic code, and you can wipe em out. Decide you need em later? bring em back.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Manbearpig = makes good taco meat :food:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha you guys are cracking me up...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I use to support cloning, but now I just don't think I can back it up. Everything and everyone has to die, that is part of life. If we don't accept that then we are going to end up over populating the world worse than it already is which is going to make quality of life absolutely horrible. Granted there is some benefits such as specific limb or organ replacement that may be possible in the future, but there is no justification to bring something back from the dead.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I say we need it. We need wolly mammoths and huge snakes and huge predators to fight the robots when they finally rise up.

Or when the zombie outbreak comes.

Either way we are going to need some help.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say we need it. We need wolly mammoths and huge snakes and huge predators to fight the robots when they finally rise up.

Or when the zombie outbreak comes.

Either way we are going to need some help.
I've got a copy of this, in case its the zombies

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i know this sounds a bit like i've lost my head but... i hope they don't clone humans and start to farm cloned humans for meat and organs. though it might sound absurd, I can just imagine it happening in russia or somewhere

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
i know this sounds a bit like i've lost my head but... i hope they don't clone humans and start to farm cloned humans for meat and organs. though it might sound absurd, I can just imagine it happening in russia or somewhere
that happened, and it took place on the Island .. and Michael Bay directed the whole thing, and it starred Sean "how have you" Bean and Scarlett Jo -- and maybe the guy who played obi-wan, i can't remember.

oh and M.C. Duncan woke up when they were trying to harvest his organs and he freaked out and ****ed everybody up before they caught him because he is sooooo big.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
that happened, and it took place on the Island .. and Michael Bay directed the whole thing, and it starred Sean "how have you" Bean and Scarlett Jo -- and maybe the guy who played obi-wan, i can't remember.

oh and M.C. Duncan woke up when they were trying to harvest his organs and he freaked out and ****ed everybody up before they caught him because he is sooooo big.
i always wondered what that film was about, i kept on falling asleep when i attempted to watch it!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I so want to write one of those stupid-but-awesome satire books. I think that would be sweet. I am considering doing one with a friend that's called Origin of Feces.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
obi-wan guy was ewen mcgregor

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This is how mankind gets n over its head...playing with genetics will surely come back to bite us. They are instigating mad scientists to start up the human genome project again and use it to create "better men".....

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
just wait until they can grow/cultivate meat from scratch.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
that is gonna be some trip shxt if they ever clone a dinosaur. Its very possible though i guess. I could see it happening in our lifetime (well us 20ish year olds anyways lol)