ZIPLIP no longer anonymous.......

Bone

Awards
Sup bros...............Ive heard that ziplip started to send out IPs with out going emails................Just giving you the heads up ;)

Peace

Bone

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Good thing I got this kick ass IP Scrambler ;)

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Bone
Sup bros...............Ive heard that ziplip started to send out IPs with out going emails................Just giving you the heads up ;)

Peace

Bone
It's been common knowledge that services such as ziplip and hushmail have encrypted messages to those sent to it's server.  For instance, if a ziplip account emailed another ziplip account the email would be secure.  Now, if a ziplip account emailed a hotmail or even hushmail account it would leave the server and would lose it's stealth.

Also, the services are secure if sent inhouse (to the same server) but the IP's are logged like any other server.  So, Big Brother can see who is using ziplip but not the transactions (unless there is a court order).

As YJ said above I would recommend using an anonymous international proxy server for access to your secure email account.  What this does is allow you to bounce your web request through a proxy server that is overseas.  When ziplip records the IP it will that of the international proxy server and NOT your REAL IP.  When Big Brother looks at who is going to ziplip you will appear to be just some bro from China (or Germany, England, India, Japan, etc.)

Chemo

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Even when using Ziplip etc you should still use PGP. Make sure to use the 6.58 or OLDER as they actually are better.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay I just noticed something.. I was forwarding some emails from ziplip to cyber-rights and for grins I checked the IP addy for the email.. guess what they DID NOT match up to my actually IP address.. I have cable so I have a static IP so it should have been the same right?  Some of the network guru please fill us in on what is really going on?

Thanks

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Is your computer hooked up directly to the cable modem? Or is there some sort of connection-sharing going on? If there is connection sharing, your IP will be dictated by the sharing device (router, etc), and the sharing device will have the IP supplied by your ISP.

ManBeast

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
True but I don't have shared connection.. just the one computer connected to the computer

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Matthew D
Okay I just noticed something.. I was forwarding some emails from ziplip to cyber-rights and for grins I checked the IP addy for the email.. guess what they DID NOT match up to my actually IP address.. I have cable so I have a static IP so it should have been the same right?  Some of the network guru please fill us in on what is really going on?

Thanks
The IP is most likely that of ziplip and cyber-rights since the message originated from that server.  The point, though, is not the IP of the email message origin but rather the recording of the IP you used to ACCESS ziplip to begin with.

Reference the IP by some Whois search to confirm...

Chemo

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
True Chemo I didn't think about using whois... for those that don't have a link to this here is a good one

http://www.geektools.com/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi

all you have to do is type in the IP number you want to look up and it will tell you the owner of the IP

Originally posted by Big Daddy Chemo

The IP is most likely that of ziplip and cyber-rights since the message originated from that server.  The point, though, is not the IP of the email message origin but rather the recording of the IP you used to ACCESS ziplip to begin with.

Reference the IP by some Whois search to confirm...

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Not to advocate software theft but there are avenues by which to acquire "evaluation" copies of programs like NeoTrace Pro.  It is an AWESOME tool that not only gives the same whois info but also extras like satellite photos of the area.

Chemo