the truth about supp

M

mealtime

Awards
:rocketwhore:so you are going to do sum research on supps well you will find almost every supp says it was tested by sumone sumwhere and says it works great,imagine that.I mean these companys always shows you sum guy with a gut taking a weight loss pill and says it works,and generally these people are body builders and you are seeing an off season pic then a pic b4 a show. Diet and a good workout program is the main starting point. Its hard these days money is a little tight all you want is asupp that does what it says. 1.diet pills;how many really curb hunger.
ive had my share that do nothing,I actually had a namebrand product that said take 3pills every six hours no more than 12 a day,nothen so i took 3 every 3 hours nothen half way threw the bottle,took them next night i was cranked up,so leads me to believe tha 1.there chem mixing sucks or it was half nothen half actual product
2.Protien;how do you really know if your really getting 46g of protien per serving chances are your not.
3.test:hgh;just because you get a hard on dosent mean its raising ur test levels.the best product in hgh ive used powerfull by usp labs i like many of there supps,but the problem i had was not that it dident work but that the capsules in one bottle would be full of product and the next bottle the caps would be so empty that if sqeezed them between 2 fingers they would break, when you sqeeze a cap it should compress a little but feel firm not break because they are half empty.
Usp labs products are very good SuperSiccusRX best joint formula i have ever used it said on the bottle i would notice a difference in 5days and in 5days my joints felt great.also powerfull worked great to when you got a good bottle.
yes sum supps will work for sum and not for others but i know my body and if you have ben lifting and taking supplements for many years like me you know when sumthing is working for you,we all have spent money on sumthing that dosent work.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I cannot read your post because of the overuse of sum, sumbody, etc. Can you please make a coherent sentence entailing what your main point is?
Thank you.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
it sounds like you have been buying into all the hype....you need to educate yourself and make an informed decision on products that work....not go out and buy sum junk that the kid at gnc says is just like taking steroids....but yes i would say that on the whole most of the supplements out there are crappy...

M

mealtime

Awards
really

Sorry, I cannot read your post because of the overuse of sum, sumbody, etc. Can you please make a coherent sentence entailing what your main point is?
Thank you.
you must be employed by a supp company it reads fine you just have no arguement because its true.My point is if the goverment tested these supps b4 they went on the shelf we would have alot less to choose from,so how many money back garentes do you see 3% why because they can fall back on these supps may not work for everyone or you have to take 5 other supps for all of them to work,so why dont you come back with sumthin good my spelling is the last thing on the list but you cant argue the truth can you,you can only make excuses that the consumer dident take it right or did sumthin wrong

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you must be employed by a supp company it reads fine you just have no arguement because its true.My point is if the goverment tested these supps b4 they went on the shelf we would have alot less to choose from,so how many money back garentes do you see 3% why because they can fall back on these supps may not work for everyone or you have to take 5 other supps for all of them to work,so why dont you come back with sumthin good my spelling is the last thing on the list but you cant argue the truth can you,you can only make excuses that the consumer dident take it right or did sumthin wrong
What, I can't understand you?
I am NOT employed by any supplement company.
I'm not arguing anything. You have the right to say what you want.
But if you make statistical statements (3% - as you stated), show me the research analysis for said statement.

M

mealtime

Awards
your kidding me once again you are laying the blame on the consumer do you work for the goverment.I never buy anything from gnc or talk to an employe of gnc about supps.You act like im stupid for buying sumthing that dosent work.My point is not that we are buying these supps but that companys are allowed to put these products on the shelf.Its hard to find a company you can trust all the time,they are in bussnies to make money not a quality product if they made a quality product the money would COME!!!!! thank you very much.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your kidding me once again you are laying the blame on the consumer do you work for the goverment.I never buy anything from gnc or talk to an employe of gnc about supps.You act like im stupid for buying sumthing that dosent work.My point is not that we are buying these supps but that companys are allowed to put these products on the shelf.Its hard to find a company you can trust all the time,they are in bussnies to make money not a quality product if they made a quality product the money would COME!!!!! thank you very much.
Dude, you're off the rocker for sure.
Wow.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
thats not true....i used to manage a supp shop (not gnc) and we would take back any product a customer was not happy with...we could send the open bottles back to our wholesaler or the supp company depending on whether we bought it direct....mabye you dont have a guarantee where your shopping...but thats the stores fault for not taking care of the customer....

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
you are very bitter...who did you get burned by?...just out of curiosity....but again with this statement we are back to you having to do proper research...mabye learn about the ingredient profile of a supp and get some user feedback on boards such as this....but never just trust a compnay because some other product they put out worked for you...

M

mealtime

Awards
so your saying im stupid because i bought a supp that dident work are you kidding me atleast half the supps shouldent be allowed on the dam shelves and you you want to say its my freaking fault we dont all have the money to buy high end supps sum of us have to wade threw endless useless placebo sorry my spelling isent up to ur standerds of exellence oh mighty spelling master of crap supps

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This "truth about supp" title is really generic. Your skepticism about the supplement companies is not some new revelation. We all think it, that's why we're here on the boards sharing and discussing what products actually do what and which to buy.

I hope you're not one of those people who stand on the supplement, rather then take them for what they're intended for, to "supplement" a solid routine and diet. Also, your analogy of the supplement you were taking which felt like a placebo, you do realize some supplements have a saturation period where prior to saturation point, it does feel like a placebo.

I'm not going to argue with you because you spell some with a "u" but you're not rocking anyone's world here with all 6 of your posts. Stick around a bit and realize the redundancy of your revelation about the "truth of supplements." Risk is an inherent factor with the realm of supplements, these aren't Rx prescriptions.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
so your saying im stupid because i bought a supp that dident work are you kidding me atleast half the supps shouldent be allowed on the dam shelves and you you want to say its my freaking fault we dont all have the money to buy high end supps sum of us have to wade threw endless useless placebo sorry my spelling isent up to ur standerds of exellence oh mighty spelling master of crap supps
im not sure if your talking to me or not....but...YES...you are stupid...if you buy something and put it into your body without knowing what it is....yuppers...to me that is stupid....if you want to be a sheeple then go for it...but dont come in to this forum and complain about something when all it would have taken was 5 minutes of your time to post a thread about hydroxycut hardcore or whatever other sh!tty fatburner you took....i would much rather have to do a little research and make an informed decision then have the govt. tell me what supplements i can and cant take....

M

mealtime

Awards
im trying to get sum feedback from people but im not getting it.All im looking for put on SOME size and cut a little fat not be mr universe test hgh? creatine fairly simply product to buy and no2 and cant afford 12packets of protien for 35.00 that will be gone in 3or4 days so i have to buy bulk protien whats a good one so if you have nothing more than a complaint on my spelling maybe you should not respond thank you for your concern

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
im trying to get sum feedback from people but im not getting it.All im looking for put on SOME size and cut a little fat not be mr universe test hgh? creatine fairly simply product to buy and no2 and cant afford 12packets of protien for 35.00 that will be gone in 3or4 days so i have to buy bulk protien whats a good one so if you have nothing more than a complaint on my spelling maybe you should not respond thank you for your concern
none of this is in your original statement...if your just trying to put on a little size and cut a little fat then eat for it...your diet is number 1 over any supp or steroid....if you want good cheap products then look at the bulk stuff on nutraplanet....
http://www.nutraplanet.com/category/bulk-supplies

M

mealtime

Awards
g dude thanks for the help yet another responce with no help with a quality stack.im going to be 42 in couple months i fight mma and i fight guys half my age i train hard and long and i need quallity supps so why dont you recomend sumthing.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
There are a TON of supplement reviews here. Take some time, use the forum search, & you'll find what you need.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
mealtime, you got a strong start here.... chill out... everyone has bought supps that didn't work and like you put it yes sum supps will work for sum and not for others but there's many supps out there that do work, also dont go by the ads you see advertised on magazines these companies spend lots of money on marketing to get your attention, ask yourself how many MT athletes got big from using their supplements?
and dont take others responses as criticism we're all sharing our views and opinions just like you

M

mealtime

Awards
once again i know how to diet how to eat right and how to work out i dropped from 216 to 183 i dident drop fat but muscle.i want my size back my test levels are that of a 20 year old athlete one week a month the rest of the time non exsistant

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:tool:I rarely neg anyone but you deserved this one and I still don't have a clue what the hell you were trying to say

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:tool:I rarely neg anyone but you deserved this one and I still don't have a clue what the hell you were trying to say
:toofunny:
This has to be a joke.
If you know how to diet and train right, you would not lose muscle over fat.
And yes, we all are calling you stupid.

M

mealtime

Awards
my next fight is 8 weeks out ive already signed so i have to show im comming of an ingury that has kept me from lifting or training hard for the last 3months ive lost my muscle strenth ive ben back at it for three weeks and need to decide on a good stack

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my next fight is 8 weeks out ive already signed so i have to show im comming of an ingury that has kept me from lifting or training hard for the last 3months ive lost my muscle strenth ive ben back at it for three weeks and need to decide on a good stack
What about a stack of books, like "How to Spell," and "How not to be a tool."
That seems like a good stack for you.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should try and decide on a good educator and stay as far away from any sport that involves hits to the brain...

M

mealtime

Awards
i dident have 25 pounds of fat to loose i use to body build then went to power lifting and use to be large all i had to loose was muscle smart guy

M

mealtime

Awards
once again you have no advice but you just love to preach bout all the help here thanks evreyone for the help i have recieved today from all of the smart people not one helpfull thing and you all wonder why im angry have any of you really done anything to help me today no but you was able to spell it rite thanks

M

mealtime

Awards
i have a 18 month old girl to chief means the world to me but she aint going tell me what supps to buy thanks for the help

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should try and decide on a good educator and stay as far away from any sport that involves hits to the brain...
:lol: :icon16:

I think what you need to do mealtime is take a step back from the computer, regroup, possibly hit the punching bag a few times, come back to the computer, sit down, relax, use some breathing techniques, and THEN post. k? Thanks! :approve:

Oh yea and this :gotsearch

M

mealtime

Awards
then dont reply and i could care less about the neg thing dude oh i feel so bad now

M

mealtime

Awards
once again you have no faith in ur product so just bash the cosumer thanks for the help

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
the only thing you asked for was a good stack but you already know the truth about supps, so you got a couple of other stacks to consider, that all... we're trying to help you!

plus, you come across as a very smart guy i'm sure you can do some research on a good stack!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
once again you have no advice but you just love to preach bout all the help here thanks evreyone for the help i have recieved today from all of the smart people not one helpfull thing and you all wonder why im angry have any of you really done anything to help me today no but you was able to spell it rite thanks
Run on... blah blah blah.

And why on earth did you breed?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
ive never seen a mod take part in a flaming....right on jayhawk...your the man...this guy deserves it

O

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jesus.....Dude, you have absolutely murdered any chance you had at getting help. And its through not just the aggressive aproach, but ridiculously bad spelling, and the lack of any kind of basic grammar.
Also....:gotsearch

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
g dude thanks for the help yet another responce with no help with a quality stack.im going to be 42 in couple months i fight mma and i fight guys half my age i train hard and long and i need quallity supps so why dont you recomend sumthing.

OK guys i actually got to help him just because i'm an old MMA fighter also. For Good Cheap Protein i usually just go GNC's house brand they have 100% whey and it's on sale ALLL the time. Controlled Labs and Get Diesel both have excellent products that aren't to. Another product I love is VPX Shotgun. it's a little more expensive but if you get it online it's reasonable and it contains NOX, Creatine, and an energy fatburner. You only need one scoop pre workout so 1 container will last you.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
This thread is pretty damn awesome.

Here's my useless contribution

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are in bussnies to make money not a quality product if they made a quality product the money would COME!!!!! thank you very much.

atleast half the supps shouldent be allowed on the dam shelves and you you want to say its my freaking fault we dont all have the money to buy high end supps sum of us have to wade threw endless useless placebo sorry my spelling isent up to ur standerds of exellence oh mighty spelling master of crap supps
If you spent as much time on learning grammar, punctuation and spelling as you do whining, it would be easier to tell what you are saying.

There are quality products out there, and companies that concentrate on quality.

And if you are complaining about the money you've spent on things that didn't work for you, imagine what the supplements would cost if they were tested along similar lines like pharmaceuticals. you'd be paying $300-400 a bottle. Its costs millions to get an FDA approval. imagine if you had to pay similar prices for multivitamins, asprin, etc as you do for prescription meds.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My point is if the goverment tested these supps b4 they went on the shelf we would have alot less to choose from,so how many money back garentes do you see 3% why because they can fall back on these supps may not work for everyone or you have to take 5 other supps for all of them to work,so why dont you come back with sumthin good my spelling is the last thing on the list but you cant argue the truth can you,you can only make excuses that the consumer dident take it right or did sumthin wrong

That's the longest run-on sentence I've ever read.

Take some HCL with your herbs/supps

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
once again you have no faith in ur product so just bash the cosumer thanks for the help
you just started this all thing in a wrong way, we are all here for the same reason , share knowledge, research and learn, no one tried to attack you on the first place but you came here with a lot of rage, you should keep it to the gym and here just be friendly if you want to learn something cause there's a lot of knowledge people here for you to do that , some of them are here talking with you(and I`m not talking about myself:lol5:)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
:rocketwhore:so you are going to do sum research on supps well you will find almost every supp says it was tested by sumone sumwhere and says it works great,imagine that.I mean these companys always shows you sum guy with a gut...

I actually had a namebrand product that said take 3pills every six hours no more than 12 a day,nothen so i took 3 every 3 hours nothen half way threw the bottle,took them next night i was cranked up,so leads me to believe tha 1.there chem mixing sucks or it was half nothen half actual product
2.Protien;how do you really know if your really getting 46g of protien per serving chances are your not.
3.test:hgh;just because you get a hard on dosent mean its raising ur test levels.the best product in hgh ive used powerfull by usp labs i like many of there supps,but the problem i had was not that it dident work but that the capsules in one bottle would be full of product and the next bottle the caps would be so empty that if sqeezed them between 2 fingers they would break, when you sqeeze a cap it should compress a little but feel firm not break because they are half empty.
yes sum supps will work for sum and not for others but i know my body and if you have ben lifting and taking supplements for many years like me you know when sumthing is working for you,we all have spent money on sumthing that dosent work.
Since nobody wants to give you advice, I'll give you one... At 41 years old you should really learn how to spell and put sentences together. And like someone said, may be you should avoid sports where you keep getting hit in the head. Looks like a lot...

O

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you just started this all thing in a wrong way, we are all here for the same reason , share knowledge, research and learn, no one tried to attack you on the first place but you came here with a lot of rage, you should keep it to the gym and here just be friendly if you want to learn something cause there's a lot of knowledge people here for you to do that , some of them are here talking with you(and I`m not talking about myself:lol5:)
X 2 :D

badfish21981

badfish21981

Awards
i dident have 25 pounds of fat to loose i use to body build then went to power lifting and use to be large all i had to loose was muscle smart guy
If you were a bodybuilder and then a powerlifter I would think that you would know at least a thing or two about protein and maybe a few other supplements. But what do I know Im only 27 and your the former bodybuilder turned power lifter turned MMA bada**.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow ! You're off the hook mealtime LOL. If your attitude was improved then you'd be receiving the feedback you're looking for. It's amazing that you even managed to piss off Jayhawk !

P

purebred

Thank you.
+1
and please..learn how to use space your post effectively. cluster is one of the most irritating things to deal with when reading a post imo.

however...
My point is if the goverment tested these supps b4 they went on the shelf we would have alot less to choose from
i would highly interested in seeing the results if the government began testing supplements for efficacy and purity. i would venture to say i'm not alone either lol
again...would it kill you to use proper punctuation:biglaugh: anyway, no you're not "stupid" and no one is saying you're "stupid". i comprehend the underlying message of your post(s) but your approach is off. approach is probably 80% of the process of motivating people to take time out of their day and listen to you. nunes' post goes right along with my thoughts. no one really cares about someone who's simply ranting, anyone can rant, b!tch and moan. heck, what are wive's for?:lmao: kidding...

honestly though, eloquence in speech is not exactly a bad thing. more people will listen to you if they see you're capable of expressing yourself effectively. not to mention more people will understand you! again, you're not "stupid" for making a bad decision: we're all guilty of it and we're all equally imperfect. in your case, however, it seems you've had more than a few bad experiences in your experiences as a supplement consumer. i agree with the majority of folks responding to you and giving you feedback: it's definitely your duty as a consumer to be informed so you can make an informed decision, an educated choice regarding what and where you invest your hard-earned money.

let me emphasize: it's YOUR duty to take the time and research and inquire and use your God-given reasoning skills in making the decision concerning which product would be the best route to go. this assessment consists of a wide spectrum of things such as fitness goals, budget, benefits vs. risks, just to name a few. let me also point out that nowhere have i mentioned that even after carefully going about this process are you going to be guaranteed anything.
Wow ! You're off the hook mealtime LOL. If your attitude was improved then you'd be receiving the feedback you're looking for. It's amazing that you even managed to piss off Jayhawk !
agreed. in his best interest, i do believe an attitude adjustment is in order...
and wait a second...mealtime is 41 years old? if this is so, mealtime, i take much of what i said back regarding your grammar and such. it is EXPECTED of you at 41 years old to be able to read, write and speak properly and efficiently. any less is unacceptable by that time...

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine mono, creatine glucosanate, some whey proteins, and Beta Alanine for sure. In my opinion the rest may have some benefits, but i sure won't pay for any of them ever again!

God I've wasted thousands, if only I could get it all back and spend it all on food right now. there's your supplement homeboy!