Is Unisom a Stimulant?

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
I am currently having BP issues and was wondering if unisom was a stim....... Anyone?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely not. Unisom is sold as an OTC sleep aid that either contains diphenhydramine or doxylamine. Both are antihistamines by drug class, but doxylamine specifically is a very potent hypnotic medication causing profound drowsiness at specific doses. How it's still available as an OTC medication is beyond me.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
so i would be completely fine to take if i got high bp?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
so i would be completely fine to take if i got high bp?
Antihistamines themselves (block histamine and acetylcholine receptors) can potentiate the effects of some medications, or even interact negatively with others. Are you taking any medications currently?

Which active does the unisom you have contain.....either diphenhydramine or doxylamine? It can be either depending on the preparation.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
i am doing a cycle of epi and having problems with high bp(147/73) and i have and a sore throat as of late. so i took neoproxen sod. and some unisom to help me get to sleep. i was thinkig it was one of the two.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
would it be the sodium in the naproxen given me the high bp, cuz i had a really bad headache during my chest workout yesterday. and had another today around noon. and i wasnt sure what it was.