Motorcycle riders here... What bike, A pic?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I am a soon to be owner of a 2006 Suzuki Gixxer 600. Its all blacked out custom exhaust. I wish I new the specifics, but I don't.

The picture is not my exact bike, but is one similar. Mine has a custom wind shield and exhaust.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I am a soon to be owner of a 2006 Suzuki Gixxer 600. Its all blacked out custom exhaust. I wish I new the specifics, but I don't.

The picture is not my exact bike, but is one similar. Mine has a custom wind shield and exhaust.
Very nice bike. Very quick and light. A lot of people hate those exhaust but I think they are kick ass. Just take it easy for a bit :sgrin:

I ride a ninja 250. I moved down to it because I love the bike so much. 250's, FZR, R6, VF750, Seca turbo, all those and I love my 2fitty best. She ain't pretty but I love her :D Rims and tank has been painted since this pic. It was just after I chopped her up and put her back together.

PS. Hope you saved some money for good gear!

Attachments

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i been wanting a bike but aint a street bike fan.. look for more of a hybrid between a street bike and a harley..

this thing is freakin sexy to me

anyone know of a similar style bike but older? or if these kind of bikes are called something?

badfish21981

badfish21981

Awards
I believe that is the Harley Davidson Night Rod. I will have to get some more posts so I can put pics of my bike up here.

tattoopierced1

GSXR 1000 (soon to be owner of)... past bikes were 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan and a 1998 Honda CBR 600 F3

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Almost bought a Rocker C. Insurance was 6000$ a year, which is more than the financing of the bike lol. At my 25th bday, I'm getting one.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i been wanting a bike but aint a street bike fan.. look for more of a hybrid between a street bike and a harley..

this thing is freakin sexy to me

anyone know of a similar style bike but older? or if these kind of bikes are called something?
Look into Buell. Its harleys street bike/performance/ enduro company. They have some sick bikes! I can't afford them though.

Very nice bike. Very quick and light. A lot of people hate those exhaust but I think they are kick ass. Just take it easy for a bit :sgrin:

I ride a ninja 250. I moved down to it because I love the bike so much. 250's, FZR, R6, VF750, Seca turbo, all those and I love my 2fitty best. She ain't pretty but I love her :D Rims and tank has been painted since this pic. It was just after I chopped her up and put her back together.

PS. Hope you saved some money for good gear!
Thanks man! I am stoked! Any bike is a good one to me. I hate they people who are like "man I will smoke you" or say a bike is a POS. Anyone who rides is cool in my book with whatever bike they ride. Hell my dad rides harleys and and we still ride together. Mine has custom exhaust so its not standard and some carbon fiber work done on it. When I get it in ill throw up some videos. and Yeah I will be saving up for gear no doubt. some nice stuff. I am thinking about gettin a helmet with a mohawk on it haha. not quite sure...

GSXR 1000 (soon to be owner of)... past bikes were 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan and a 1998 Honda CBR 600 F3
I have never ridden a 1000, but that sounds like a hell of a beast. I think a 600 is a good starter street bike for me.

Almost bought a Rocker C. Insurance was 6000$ a year, which is more than the financing of the bike lol. At my 25th bday, I'm getting one.
I am guessing full coverage? It takes time, but it way worth it to find a cheap yet effective insurance quote. All I gotta say is you got screwed by being offered that much (unless you have a terrible driving record)

Blackfish

Blackfish

Awards
Ducati monster s2r800. First bike, had it for two years now. Looking for an R1 to keep it company in the garage ;)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Ducati monster s2r800. First bike, had it for two years now. Looking for an R1 to keep it company in the garage ;)
the guy who i am getting this bike from just got an R1. Ducati's are nice, but pricey as well. That would be a nice bike collection!

Blackfish

Blackfish

Awards
the guy who i am getting this bike from just got an R1. Ducati's are nice, but pricey as well. That would be a nice bike collection!
the monster is their "cheap" one, I think the R1 will end up costing me a lot more.
Then I'll just need the v-rod and the superbike and my world will be complete.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My old R6, with my subie.. Miss them both:(

tattoopierced1

Look into Buell. Its harleys street bike/performance/ enduro company. They have some sick bikes! I can't afford them though.

Thanks man! I am stoked! Any bike is a good one to me. I hate they people who are like "man I will smoke you" or say a bike is a POS. Anyone who rides is cool in my book with whatever bike they ride. Hell my dad rides harleys and and we still ride together. Mine has custom exhaust so its not standard and some carbon fiber work done on it. When I get it in ill throw up some videos. and Yeah I will be saving up for gear no doubt. some nice stuff. I am thinking about gettin a helmet with a mohawk on it haha. not quite sure...

I have never ridden a 1000, but that sounds like a hell of a beast. I think a 600 is a good starter street bike for me.

I am guessing full coverage? It takes time, but it way worth it to find a cheap yet effective insurance quote. All I gotta say is you got screwed by being offered that much (unless you have a terrible driving record)

I had a 600 before and it was fast enough, but too small for my frame.. I looked like a bear on a tri-cycle...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had a 600 before and it was fast enough, but too small for my frame.. I looked like a bear on a tri-cycle...
You need a big ass chopper then..lol

There is little difference in physical size between a gsxr600 and 1k.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
my 1979 cb650 chop - runs like brand new, i still have a ton of customising on it to go, adding 2 into 1 chrome pipes down each side, big chrome sissy bar on the back, just haven't got the time at the mo.

Attachments

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I believe it. It is my friends cousins bike and its just too small for him. He is 6'5 about 225 of solid muscle (competitive BBer). He just looks silly on it, but its a SICK bike.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
This was my '03 ZX-6R, miss the hell outta her. Contemplating getting an '08 GSX-R 600 this year, but we'll see.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200r - in my avatar

The motor is a bored ZX-11 Ninja motor and tuned for mid range power. It makes a lot of torque, and it's really crisp. It only needs 5 gears because it has such a wide power band. It feels lighter than it really is which is nice.

If I get a sport bike, I would look to the ZX-10, but my frame fits the GXSR1000 nicely.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
dont we already have this thread? but anyways nice bikes and this summer my goal is to buy a gixxer 6r

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I rode an 07 gixxer 600, that got stolen, so then i upgraded to an 08 Yamaha R1. Love that R1!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I rode an 07 gixxer 600, that got stolen, so then i upgraded to an 08 Yamaha R1. Love that R1!
that is nice man! My buddy who I am getting the gixr from rides an 07 r1. You have had some nice bikes man!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that is nice man! My buddy who I am getting the gixr from rides an 07 r1. You have had some nice bikes man!
I loved them both, each of them i put aftermarket parts on. Exaust, blacked out lights, race rails, better airbox filter. 520 conversion with sprockets done. :boobies:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I loved them both, each of them i put aftermarket parts on. Exaust, blacked out lights, race rails, better airbox filter. 520 conversion with sprockets done. :boobies:
yeah I dont know all the specs of mine, but its blacked out as well as custom exhaust. So someone just picked it up and took it? I am worried about that....

dpfisher

Right now I have a beat up old Yamaha 750, but I want a KTM Adventure 900 more than just about anything else in the world. The idea of going straight from highway to offroad is so appealing to me. Too bad they cost as much as a car.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah I dont know all the specs of mine, but its blacked out as well as custom exhaust. So someone just picked it up and took it? I am worried about that....

Yup someone strait up picked it up and through it into the back of a truck or trailer im assuming, never to see it again. So for my R1, which also had a powercommander on it, and a 1600 dollar exaust system, i through a 400 dollar alarm on it, so when i armed it, if you got within a certain proximity of it, it would warn you to back up, and if you tilted it or messed with it the sound was piercing, needless to say it hasnt been touched. :rocketwhore:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Not even full coverage. They go by CC here, and a harley costs a lot more than a ninja lol. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Insurance is a lot here, it's just crazy. I pay 2000$+ per year for my 03 Infinity I35. And this is just one side!!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Insurance on my car costs me $750 a year. Hopefully it will drop some once I am 25.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yup someone strait up picked it up and through it into the back of a truck or trailer im assuming, never to see it again. So for my R1, which also had a powercommander on it, and a 1600 dollar exaust system, i through a 400 dollar alarm on it, so when i armed it, if you got within a certain proximity of it, it would warn you to back up, and if you tilted it or messed with it the sound was piercing, needless to say it hasnt been touched. :rocketwhore:
yeah an alarm sounds like its worth the investment. sorry to hear that man, soundsl ike alot of money put into it

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just picked up a 1968 triumph tiger a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna cut it up a little bit and make it into a bobber.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Here is my Love (Don't tell my wife.)!! I just love my TL1000R Nice V-Twin power in a SportBike Package. And fast as sh*t!!! :evil:

Attachments

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up a 1968 triumph tiger a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna cut it up a little bit and make it into a bobber.
are you going to hardtail it bro and add apes?

here's a '66 Tiger Bobber I saw on ebay, dude's asking $7,500 for it

Attachments

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not going to make it into a hard tail this year. I won't go too crazy with it. I have a few ideas so far. I'm thinking of throwing the handlebars that are on the 66 you just posted or i may just keep the ones that are on there. I'm going to cut the shocks in the back and maybe throw on a smaller tire, new seat, cut the rear fender, nothing crazy as this is my first bike. next year i may just go all out and get the hard tail and just cut and weld. My father owns a shop so i have everything i need to make a sick bobber.

I want the brat bobber look when i'm done something like this:

Last edited:
CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Go used. He's got some sick designs and they're pretty reasonable used. I almost bought an XB12X visiting my brother in Oregon. I figured I'd ride it back to NY. Wouldn't have minded a little more fuel capacity but I could say that for most modern bikes I see.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Go used. He's got some sick designs and they're pretty reasonable used. I almost bought an XB12X visiting my brother in Oregon. I figured I'd ride it back to NY. Wouldn't have minded a little more fuel capacity but I could say that for most modern bikes I see.
i saw you have the madcow format in your sig. I just started running it in the link in my sig. check it out! but yeah I would but I still dont have that much to drop ATM

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a 2006 Triumph Daytona 675. Sold it before coming out here to DC. Not sure if I'll buy another sport bike or rather the Harley Cross Bones. Which ever, it will wait till I get back to Cali.

Daytona 675

Cross Bones

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
are you going to hardtail it bro and add apes?

here's a '66 Tiger Bobber I saw on ebay, dude's asking $7,500 for it
I like that..simple and cool

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not going to make it into a hard tail this year. I won't go too crazy with it. I have a few ideas so far. I'm thinking of throwing the handlebars that are on the 66 you just posted or i may just keep the ones that are on there. I'm going to cut the shocks in the back and maybe throw on a smaller tire, new seat, cut the rear fender, nothing crazy as this is my first bike. next year i may just go all out and get the hard tail and just cut and weld. My father owns a shop so i have everything i need to make a sick bobber.

I want the brat bobber look when i'm done something like this:
I like that Brat bobber

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
u may want to even consider stretching the swing arm 3-4 inches, i think harley peanut tanks look good and they're not expensive to pick up

anyway i think you're on the right track bro, be good to see it when it's finished

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah i can get a peanut tank for about 75 bucks. do you have a link for any of the swing arms?

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
everybody texas' bike is my old bike. its all black, so grey on it, limo tinted visor, custom exhaust, performance clutch, its dropped 1". i have an R1 and me and texas are about 2 be riding buddies

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
93' Ducati 900ss,.......... sold to pay college tuition.:grumble:

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Come on there has to more?

vector18

vector18

Awards
This was my Yamaha Roadstar Warrior, it had a 1700cc fuel injected and
it ran like a beast from hell. I miss that bike dearly. After that I went
to an SV1000s for sport bike riding. I sold that bike last month and
most likely will be getting another Warrior.

Attachments

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My li'l baby: 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak SE
Custom parts list too long to mention, but still growing!

Night shot:

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
2002 Honda XTX 1800 cc/110 c.I., r/s cruiser, 100 HP/125 FT-LB of Torque, Black on chrome, VH pipes, power commander, hypercharger, lots of chrome, bags & shield. Sorry no pics.
Next bike? Newesr Yamaha V-MAX or a Hyabusa.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Added something new to my bike this past weekend...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeSumthin General Chat 13
AnabolicJuich General Chat 14
General Chat 14
tilldeath General Chat 13
ambulldog General Chat 44