Sneak Peek at the 2005 Ford Mustang

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Im a huge Mustang fan and I know Jar is too and if you're not we dont give a **** so dont post "Pony's suck" or **** like that here, feel free to PM that comment....to yourself and start a convo. ;)

Anyways, here's a sneak peek at the 2005 Edition. I like it all but maybe the front grill, not really Mustang like...

Attachments

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Nice. Too bad its a ford.. hehehe. talk to ya...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
One of the few American cars I like! Looks awesome, the grill is a little wide I think, but still mean looking :)

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That will look AWESOME...........

In the junk yard

(Looks great except I don't like the front at all)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I REALLY like the look of the Mustang. Even though you see the new style body over and over because there are so many, it still turns my head almost EVERY time. :)

Just a GREAT looking car.

In my opinon I don't like the 2005 model as much as the current one, but then again I haven't seen it up close.

BTW this is coming from a Viper owner. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Just so nobody thinks I am picking on Ford, I think Dodge screwed up with the look of the 2003 Viper.

And believe it or not no one has actually received their 2003 Vipers yet because of not passing emissions in CA. :(

Last edited:

Blindfaith

Awards
dont tell me you like rustangs YJ! every 16 year old punk ass drives one! lol.

DarCSA

Awards
Nice pic yj. I still like the mustangs but I like any good muscle car. They still look good. Hope they keep making them for years to come.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
always will have some love for mustangs (first car was one...96 white mustang convertible....females man :) ) dont really like american rides cept cadillacs. but im a suv man...rollin' the family escalade when at home. :cool: (oh, thats right).

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like it! The grill is abit odd, then again it makes the car stand out abit.. I got feather boas to match, now I gotta hit a dealer! :D

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
like it or not, one of the few cars out there that actually has some personality. i kinda like that whole front end i think it makes it look pretty bad...i'm more a 4x4 kinda guy tho.

Dr of Golf

Awards
That Mustang front end looks a lot like the retro T-Bird that Ford recently introduced. In fact, the whole body is pretty similar.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
bleh; I like Mustangs as a whole; especially my dad's red 67 convert; but damn; you'd think Ford had some FORWARD thinking going... retro designs never work... the new thunderbird is a case in point... only a couple of people like them and they don't sell for ****

i'll take the new STi or Lancer Evolution :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
bleh; I like Mustangs as a whole; especially my dad's red 67 convert; but damn; you'd think Ford had some FORWARD thinking going... retro designs never work... the new thunderbird is a case in point... only a couple of people like them and they don't sell for ****

i'll take the new STi or Lancer Evolution :)
AH wait til Ford comes out with the GT-40 it is suppose to be the Viper killer albiet much more expensive.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
yeah and wait until Toyota has their V10 supercar come out... :D it'll prolly be making as much power N/A as the Ford truck (ahem i mean GT40) makes with a supercharger... not gonna go into handling; there's not really an american car that handles well except for the Z06; and even its not THAT great

i find no attrativeness to any supercharged car... all it says to me is (no high-end power)... i'd rather take a little less torque on the bottom end and a lot more top-end with a turbo

and everyone was raving about the new 4v supercharged Cobra... WHOOPS :) the thing doesn't exist anymore because of Ford's great quality control team

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Working for a performance shop that has produced fast domestics and imports, ill agree with Bean. Nothing is as fun as the top end pull of a car with a big turbo. Too many driveablilty issues with a big block car , too much low end, under 60 mph your all over the road unless you plan to run slicks all the time.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Working for a performance shop that has produced fast domestics and imports, ill agree with Bean. Nothing is as fun as the top end pull of a car with a big turbo. Too many driveablilty issues with a big block car , too much low end, under 60 mph your all over the road unless you plan to run slicks all the time.
Why not have both low end tourque AND top end turbo. :)

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ah, for Bean and all the car fans, I found a older pic of me when I was still dieting and i was about 260- ish. I am in the gray shirt with the black hat, and we took some cars out to this road course in Houston...good times

Attachments

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
yeah and wait until Toyota has their V10 supercar come out... :D it'll prolly be making as much power N/A as the Ford truck (ahem i mean GT40) makes with a supercharger... not gonna go into handling; there's not really an american car that handles well except for the Z06; and even its not THAT great

i find no attrativeness to any supercharged car... all it says to me is (no high-end power)... i'd rather take a little less torque on the bottom end and a lot more top-end with a turbo
Why do you say a super charged car has no high end power?

When you say no American car handles well are you talking about road courses?

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Crower, I think he was just making a stereotypical statement about IRS vs live axle. But with coilovers and yada yada yada, a live axle car can do the twisties just as well as an import. Its all about $$$ .

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
i'm saying almost all american cars don't handle well :) with exception of the Z06... and even its not in the Top 5 of the best handling cars for under $100k ;)

solid-axle vs IRS... i don't care what the hell you do to a solid-axle, if you do equivalent work to a IRS car; the IRS will ALWAYS handle better...its not about money; they are geared towards TWO different things... american suspension is geared towards launching hard and running good ETs... import; and mainly Jap suspension is for turning

never said you can't have low-end torque and high-end power... :)

its just that the dynochart you just submitted is kinda funny... for THAT much torque... an equivalent Supra or Skyline would be making 800rwhp instead of a paltry 693 ;) the powerband would also be much fatter...

that also looks like a Hennessey chart... John Hennessey is a theif ;) go over to corvetteforums.com and lookup how much of a crook he is :D

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
That is a twin turbo if you prefer super charger how about:

http://www.btrviper.com/byron_heads_cam_dyno-uc.jpg

I believe there is enough low end tourque AND top end. :)

BTW this is my freinds car so it does exist. :)

Same color as mine except his has the white strips and is a GTS

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
i'm saying almost all american cars don't handle well :) with exception of the Z06... and even its not in the Top 5 of the best handling cars for under $100k ;)

solid-axle vs IRS... i don't care what the hell you do to a solid-axle, if you do equivalent work to a IRS car; the IRS will ALWAYS handle better...its not about money; they are geared towards TWO different things... american suspension is geared towards launching hard and running good ETs... import; and mainly Jap suspension is for turning

never said you can't have low-end torque and high-end power... :)

its just that the dynochart you just submitted is kinda funny... for THAT much torque... an equivalent Supra or Skyline would be making 800rwhp instead of a paltry 693 ;) the powerband would also be much fatter...

that also looks like a Hennessey chart... John Hennessey is a theif ;) go over to corvetteforums.com and lookup how much of a crook he is :D
Yea but if you can afford a Viper you can afford 2 Supras if you can oly afford a Supra the Viper is not even an option. :)

YES I know Hennesy is a theif I KNOW him.

You said "i find no attrativeness to any supercharged car... all it says to me is (no high-end power)... " I posted a dyno for you to show you do have highend power with a super charged car.

By what standards do you say top 5 handling cars under $100,000???

DAMN we hijacked this thread and I can already see where it is headed. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Y/J

Do you like that Mustang better than the current look?

I like them both but for different reasons.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I can duct tape a rocket engine to a turd but it would still be a turd. :)

What factors are you using in your top 5 handling cars under $100,000??

You don't know about road racing American cars VS. foreign?

You may not realize it but US cars are doing MUCH better than in past years. We are making GREAT progress.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Y/J

Do you like that Mustang better than the current look?

I like them both but for different reasons.
Same here man, I think they're almost starting over with the new look and trying to the futuristic approach, but this is supposed to be the most expensive model yet....but about $10-$12K brand new :eek: Ouch.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
LOL

thats hardly a turd ;) nicer than any ford ever made; thats for sure... but thats the same **** i've been saying about Vipers for a long time :D

its nice having a luxury car that handles well and makes over 1000rwhp ;) and you're lying to yourself if you think this car is a turd; because that makes the viper you own a serious amoeba ON a turd :)

top 5 handling cars for under $100k

I'll just list the top 5 in no particular order; and these are any cars made within the past 10 years... because these cars handle so well its hard to make too much of a judgement
as far as handling; i mean the way a car handles; not just total numbers because both you and i know that numbers DO lie about a car sometimes... the newest addition on this list runs relatively lower slaloms than the others; but thats mainly due to its shitty stock tires... throw some decent tires of the same width on it and its slalom jumps from 66mph to 72mph... that car being the WRX...
two new cars to be added to the list when they come out are the STi and EVO 8

Ferrari 360
Mazda RX-7
Toyota Supra
Mazdaspeed Protege' (only FWD car on this list, don't believe me? go pick up the review of SCC when they tested it)
Subaru WRX

below this is the Z06, the E46 M3, the 355 Ferrari, the newest Cobra R, and the Viper (although it doesn't handle all that well; its mainly just the 335 tire getting an assload of grip; which helps; but won't make up for the sloppy suspension)

i know you know a lot of this is smacktalk ;)

EDIT: wait a sec, just realized, the 360 and 355 aren't sub-$100k...

alright you got me; Z06 is up there in the top 5 :)... add the NSX in the other little group

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
LOL

thats hardly a turd ;) nicer than any ford ever made; thats for sure... but thats the same **** i've been saying about Vipers for a long time :D

its nice having a luxury car that handles well and makes over 1000rwhp ;) and you're lying to yourself if you think this car is a turd; because that makes the viper you own a serious amoeba ON a turd :)

top 5 handling cars for under $100k

I'll just list the top 5 in no particular order; and these are any cars made within the past 10 years... because these cars handle so well its hard to make too much of a judgement
as far as handling; i mean the way a car handles; not just total numbers because both you and i know that numbers DO lie about a car sometimes... the newest addition on this list runs relatively lower slaloms than the others; but thats mainly due to its shitty stock tires... throw some decent tires of the same width on it and its slalom jumps from 66mph to 72mph... that car being the WRX...
two new cars to be added to the list when they come out are the STi and EVO 8

Ferrari 360
Mazda RX-7
Toyota Supra
Mazdaspeed Protege' (only FWD car on this list, don't believe me? go pick up the review of SCC when they tested it)
Subaru WRX

below this is the Z06, the E46 M3, the 355 Ferrari, the newest Cobra R, and the Viper (although it doesn't handle all that well; its mainly just the 335 tire getting an assload of grip; which helps; but won't make up for the sloppy suspension)

i know you know a lot of this is smacktalk ;)
HA HA yea bro but the differance is I OWN the car we are talking about and you own what ?????????????????????:)

Yea that's what I thought.:)

Let me guess you are a key board racer right?:)

How many times you been down the quarter mile track???:)

how many times on the road course?????:)

So let me guess you get on your Play Station II or your Xbox and build your dream car right?????????:)

AH and yet another key board racer. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
BTW nice Avatar.:)

You make it to Florida I will give you the oportunity to actually ride in a car that IS capable of doing the speed you show instead of you just living it as a fantasy on a internet forum. :)

As far as your list of cars I've seen my freind beat EVERYONE of them more than once on a road course.

INCLUDING the ones that cost OVER $100,000 for the LIFE of me I can't recall seeing a SINGLE rice burner/Lexus out there.:)

If you want his website PM me and you can see for yourself.

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder why that is, OH that's right cause they would get their asses handed to em. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
OK now I am REALLY feeling bad about hijacking Y/J's thread so you post as much as you want I gotta go.

BTW Y/J I LOVE The looks of the Mustang as I said before.

AND I think it is pretty SHITTY after he asked people NOT to flame the Mustand some guys went ahead and did it.

If I had it to do over I wouldn't have started talking off subject here.

See ya.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I won't tell you how much I don't like Fords, or most American cars in general, but I will say anything is an improvement with the recent Mustangs. At least it's an interesting design this time. The concept looks quite good for what it is. Will be interesting to see them on the road though, that's the real test.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Was out driving on a 3 lane highway.

End up at a Looooooong stop light and started looking around There was a Porshe Carrara a Supra with the wing ground effects etc. and a Mustang GT. I gotta say ALL the cars looked REALLY nice to me. :)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i personally would never buy anything ford makes but thats the koolest restyle to the stanges i hvae seen in a long time the front gril makes it..give me my lexus anyday;)

Dr of Golf

Awards
So, YellowJacket ........ Can we all asume that you are somewhat enthralled with this new Mustang? :D :D

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Heh you just stepped on the wrong foot bro :)

My 300zx Twinturbo back when it had the mods on it was running 110mph traps; beat several OLD 400hp Vipers with ease... a couple C5s, etc... Z06s weren't around at the time...

I've been 190 before... and yes i've been in a car capable of 215 before so don't gimme that **** ;) hell i took my Z up around 170 when running a NSX on the I165 connector

I've been down the 1/4 more times than i can count; in my 300zx and in my Talon TSI AWD, my RX-7 T2, and my current ride, a Lexus SC300 5-speed

been on a road course? never... been at an autocross? again, more times than i can count... mainly in my Talon and T2

As for you; you seem to be the typical viper owner that gets his ass handed to him by a cheap-ass $20k Supra with $1.5k in boltons ;)

Don't think I actually care that you own a Viper; its a piece of **** clown shoe with big tires... ANYONE can throw a gigantic motor at a relatively lightweight chassis and make a car fast...

did i tell you about my current project? a first gen RX-7 with a 2jz-gte in it? 500rwhp in a 2200lb car is gonna be hella faster than Viper... especially if i can also swing in a 4link rear... gonna be NASTY on the go and up top
and i don't care if its ugly as hell; for a pimp ride i'll take my SC3 or sell it and get a LS430 :)

and just so you know; i hate being called a keyboard racer by someone that think's they are the **** because they own an expensive muscle car :)

Oh and just so you know... I don't have a Playstation of any sort; nor an Xbox... i can't quite learn the **** i know from playing games on consoles then can i? Hmmmmm musta learned them from somewhere else?

Oh and that's nice that your friend beats them all. On a roadcourse? on an autocross? (yes they ARE different)...
He ever ran a respectable driver with a FD and coilovers and beat him? BULLSHIT :D

as for hijacking the thread...

YJ! I think the blue one looks nice; but the rest have got to go... I will always have a soft place in my heart for an older Mach 1 stang... of course the ridiculous current rendition is utter **** i think

HA HA yea bro but the differance is I OWN the car we are talking about and you own what ?????????????????????:)

Yea that's what I thought.:)

Let me guess you are a key board racer right?:)

How many times you been down the quarter mile track???:)

how many times on the road course?????:)

So let me guess you get on your Play Station II or your Xbox and build your dream car right?????????:)

AH and yet another key board racer. :)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

Bean, small world I guess... But I work for TurboImports/Performance motorsports and both of clint's converted lexi ( plural form of lexus? :) ) are down right now ...
cool man... yeah I hear he's still waiting on the Motec to get done? I talk to him periodically over at clublex... him and most of the other 100000000000 turbo'd lexi

he still wanting to sell the 92? or is he just gonna keep it? last time i had heard, he wasn't sure...

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well Id like to thank you all for fucking up my thread.....good job guys. .. :rolleyes: