Poll: if you had to chose, do you lift for appearance or power

Do you lift for appearance or power

1. Do you lift for appearance or power

Just curious why people lifted.

2. For me, it's a mixture of both.

3. Same here, a mixture of both.
    •   

4. I lift mainly for power but I also like the appearance part of it. The power is for throwing that sh-t faced trash talking punk across the bar. And the appearance is for the girls that I take from them punks

5. It's about overall fitness for me!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!

6. Both, but i have trouble attaining the appearance part of it.

7. both!
    board supporter

8. Both of them.
    The appearance of power and the power of appearance.

9. Appearance. I'd much rather have the appearance and not be that strong, then have the strength and no appearance to show for it.

But I'm constantly going heavier, so strength is just part of it.
  10. dpfisher

The power that comes with appearance I guess. People take me a lot more seriously now that I have a muscular appearance instead of just pudgy/average. I can't wait to see how people react this summer, I plan to get down to 10% bf for the first time ever. Currently at about 15% I think

11. I don't think I can separate the two. My lifting experience came from playing football and wrestling in high-school, in which power was important. After that though, I've had no need for it other than the fact that I discovered chicks dig guys who can toss them around and literally man handle them.

Always been able to maintain a good muscular frame, but I've struggled with body-fat my entire life. I found though, "fat and strong" is WAY better than just fat. I also found that a bigger chest, back, shoulders makes the appearance of the gut smaller. So then I started pursuing the appearance aspects of it.

In the end, I believe size and strength go together hand in hand, and size helps my appearance, so I value both.

12. it is a mixture of the 2 for me.
    TEAM GET DIESEL

GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

13. I strive for the appearance, but I like good numbers on my major lifts as well.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Forearm pain??? To lift or not to lift?
    By Mikegun in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 10:46 AM
  2. tamox Appearance
    By Jetta in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 06:24 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
  5. Replies: 5