Site Improvement Suggestion

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I consider AM to be my "home" forum, and had a few suggestions for the admin/mod staff for improvements.
  1. PH & AAS Cycle Suggestion Templates: It seems that most requests for cycle suggestions starts off with a lack of information, and the first response is always to request more info (weight, bfp, goals, diet, training history, cycle history, rest, training split, etc.)
  2. Template for the cycles forum: it'd be handy to click a button and the poster could fill in info. on progress on sides, achieving diet goals, weight, strength, if they changed dosing, etc.
  3. A pop-up screen when you start a new thread prompting the user to hit "yes" or "no" to the question, "Have you searched before posting?" If the user clicks yes it opens the normal post new thread screen, but if the user clicks no it takes them to the search screen.
    [/list=1]
    ~Todd

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
Bump on #3, especially. I don't know if its feasable, but the regulars and mods would appreciate less "eye garbage." I do consider this, along with a car site to be my online home. It sucks answering the same Q's. :gore:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
do a right click on the board and see if this is something like you were talking about

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
It looks like somebody put a lot of work into the right click feature, but it wasn't what I was thinking about (see paragraph below though). Also, noticed a few days ago, that this new right click feature disabled the on-line spell checker (thread in off topic forum about it) that I recently set as a right click option in IE.

For #1 and #2, I was thinking about two more buttons like the vB code buttons (bold, italics, underline, etc.) or the emoticons on the post new thread screen. Now that I think more about it, the templates could be added to the right click feature. :cool:

For #3, I was thinking about a pop-up window that came up after the user hit the post new thread button. It'd be cool if this was a mod/admin function that they could disable for members that they knew would search before posting.

~Todd

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
yeah I notice it did that to my spell checker also..

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Very good suggestions...I'll get to work coding that out.

Chemo

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Very good suggestions...I'll get to work coding that out.

Chemo
is Chemo the **** or what?

hey Chemo, you're the man... no, really :D

thanks tator bro, some good thoughts there :)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
oh BTW Chemo..... no one takes away my right click you bastard!!! :D :gore:

I still keep trying to right click to open links in new windows, or various other things, and get that menu. It's not bad, but it takes away IE's other right click functions

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'm really liking the form input for cycle logs!

Are you thinking a simple form of options and personal statistics, then presented in a specifically formatted style in a post, like tabular data then notes at the bottom? I'm a big fan of uniformity. It would be nice to see all cycle logs uniformly presented so the eye can be directed immediately to the relevant details :)

Wreck

Awards
Bump on #3, especially. I don't know if its feasable, but the regulars and mods would appreciate less "eye garbage." I do consider this, along with a car site to be my online home. It sucks answering the same Q's. :gore:
Bump again.

What about a pop-up that would go away after a certain number of posts? After a while it would get annoying.

However, I've got to give props to the mods and other regulars who carry the strong sauce when it comes to letting people who make repetitive posts know it. Keeps a strong signal to noise ratio, which is making this site quickly become one of my favorites. I can't stand wading through 80 bad/repeat threads to find the 2 interesting ones.

tphillip23

tphillip23

Awards

I can't stand wading through 80 bad/repeat threads to find the 2 interesting ones.
No joke! Those that don't bother to search definitely make it more difficult for us that do! :mad:

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
The proof is in the pudding: Chemo is the ****!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Excellent suggestions Tator! I like all of them.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well sometimes you have to check out what you think are **** threads because there are usually some good one.. also, if some people would just do a search first, then the amount of **** posts might be cut down, don't you think wreck and tphillip?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I can get it to parse the templtes correctly...now what do you bros think for the fields?

Give it to me in this format:

CYCLE UPDATE
- Years Lifting
- Past PH/AAS Use
- Diet
- Routine
- Dose
- etc.

Same for each template you would like to see added.

Chemo

tphillip23

tphillip23

Awards
also, if some people would just do a search first, then the amount of **** posts might be cut down, don't you think wreck and tphillip?
definitely, but it seems to be an impossible task to get everyone to search first. i'm a member of several forums, not just bodybuilding ones, and every damn one has the same annoying problem of repetitive questions that get asked constantly. there are even people that go through the trouble to create STICKIES and FAQs that are ON TOP of the boards that are somehow overlooked by the people that make these **** posts. i dont post alot, but i use the hell out of the search engine, and it gets annoying when i have to sift through 50 threads just to get an answer. :mad:
oh and i'm on a damn 56k modem too :eek:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I do know what you mean about the worthless threads... I think that is one of the ideas behind the forced search before starting a thread..