Might be going to Thailand Anybody been there?

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Juts looking for any suggestions, experiences, and problems any of you have gotten into. First time travelling to a foreign country so not sure what to expect. Most likely try to rough it backpak sllep in tree houses or what not for cheap. Probably in middle of march will be leaving.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Kurruptive

Kurruptive

Awards
Thailand is a great place to visit, cheap cheap cheap. i don't know if backpacking it in tree houses is a good idea though, you might wake up in a tub full of ice with your kidneys missing as it is the organ/cosmetic sergury capitol of the world. besides you can find a nice hotels in thailand that are remarkably cheap.

you will however smell some of the most horrid smells if you are heading to bangkok, they fry roaches, crikets and all stuff like that on the sidewalks. you MUST check out the temples, they are stunning. ahh you will have alot of fun however you do it, just dont get caught with drugs even if a pill costs you 3 dollars, its just not worth it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
never been there but there was a taboo episode on national geographic,

moral of the story:

Lots of he/shes she/hes trannys there.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Juts looking for any suggestions, experiences, and problems any of you have gotten into. First time travelling to a foreign country so not sure what to expect. Most likely try to rough it backpak sllep in tree houses or what not for cheap. Probably in middle of march will be leaving.

Any help would be great. Thanks
haven't been there, but lived in malaysia (the country right below). during monsoon season expect torrential rains. throughout the rest of the time, expect it to be hot and very humid (75% or more).

no drugs - Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore will put you in jail with no trial worth mentioning - dunno how this extends to prohormones or supplements.

do not help anyone carry bags while in the airport.

there's lots of poor people. many malaysians live off $2 USD per day. this means your cell phone or camera is worth a lot to many people. do not show off, and be very careful.

good luck with sleeping outside - the humidity will make you wish for A/C.

that's all i got.

CredibleHulk

Banned
Awards
My father travels there a lot for both business and vacation. He enjoys it a lot. He goes maybe two or three times each year. I guess the Thai people treat Americans pretty much like royalty.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
jakellpet's take on Thailand

first off I am going to say: YOU LUCKY MOTHER****ER... :cheers:

...advice is to stay on Ko Phangan, but not on the main Had Rin beach - it's better to stay somewhere else so you can have some chill time when you need it - plenty of taxis going to and from Had Rin. More likely to get your **** stolen from a bungalow on Had Rin.

There will also be plenty of toutes harrassing the **** out of you on arrival, so work out beforehand (Lonely Planet etc) and don't listen to their bullsh1t.

Thai ladies there are most likely to be scammers or hookers or he-she-hooker-scammers. Israeli's are generally the walking narcotics distributors, but they have been known to scam or set up others for various reasons...There are plenty of undercover cops (read massive bribes) and drink spikers... so beware. Also, the bar on the cliff at the north end sells shroom shakes or bhang lassies - drink any of these and be in for an all expenses paid trip to Paranoia!:33:

As AM said, the buckets of vodka redbulls will get you more than spastic... and the pharmacies used to see 'diet pills' (read: slow release ephedrine). If you're going to take this option, uncap and crush it all up otherwise you wont be getting any sleep soon.

The food is unreal. Stick to the Thai food - anything that is western will taste like foot - unless it's some Israeli's selling fellafel. Ah, yes. Plenty of stunningly hot IDF girls - my absolute fav :thumbsup:

Get a trail bike and go exploring - unreal through the middle of the island - if you come across someone's crop, chances are there is someone nearby willing to kill you if you do not immediately turn around a fk off the way you came.

Oh, and make sure you go and watch the Thai's kick each others fkn teeth in at a local Muay Thai comp - blood will piss everywhere - and you might, just might get to go to a cock fight if you're lucky. PETA supporters usually get thrown in the ring for comic relief :thumbsup:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I spent a month there in May 2002. Hot and Humid. March shouldn't be as bad. It is CHEAP there. 30 something Baht to the dollar. Sleeping on the beach at night is fine in some places, but some places I wouldn't want to. The Temples are a must, b careful where you eat, because you can get sick. That shouldn't be a problem if you stay away from tap water and eat well cooked foods. The street vendors are food you usually shouldn't eat, b ut I did eat the fried crickets, frogs, cockroaches...not bad. Remember to look for the adams apple. They call them Gatoey's..Trannys. Some of them really might fool ya. Just beware. If you do fu8k wrap it with your own condoms that you brought. Thailand has a high rate of aids and STD, but my entire battalion went there and the only STD's that were caught totaled 4 and they varied from chlamydia and gonnerea. Full moon party is a good time. The Baht buses/rickshaw cars that taxi you around will try and charge you40, 80, or up to 200 baht. FYI...locals do not pay that much. In fact they usually just give a tip of their choosing after the ride. Prostitution is technically illiegal but you wouldn't be able to tell beause it's everyehre. If you go into the jungles go with a good guide who knows his sh8t. Thailand has triple canopy jungle meaning it's thick and you can get lost very easily and yes they do have cobras, trust me. in the stores, malls etc. even if it has a price tag on the price is still negotiable. Get your barter skills on point.

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. I loved my time in Thailand and would love to go back. You will have a good time, I'm jealous.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
What places did u visit?
Where did you guys stay? Hotels hostels on the beach
Probably flying into bangkok.

My friends traveled a tour of cambodia shot some grenade launchers they asked if they actually wanted to shoot a cow with it, vietnam, laos, thailand last year for 3 months.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I spent a little time in Bangkok, but most of my time was spent partying in Pattaya Beach or in the Jungles.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Remember to look for the adams apple. .
respectfully disagree on this point - some have their adam's apple removed.

It's the size of their hands that give them away - can't disguise 'Man Hands'

....and just for the record, I met plenty of guys over there that got VD from blowjobs....

Make sure you do a Full Moon Party - Have a blast mate! :thumbsup:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
respectfully disagree on this point - some have their adam's apple removed.

It's the size of their hands that give them away - can't disguise 'Man Hands'

....and just for the record, I met plenty of guys over there that got VD from blowjobs...

Man hands LOL

As be goes the point I was trying to make is wrap it wrap it and wrap it period.

I say bring your own because you can't trust the quality of theirs and theirs tend to b small. My guys that had theeir condoms break were all using the local ones and I believe it's because they were to small.

Make sure you do a Full Moon Party - Have a blast mate! :thumbsup:

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
My brother just broke his collar bone dirt biking out there... don't go dirt biking.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
My brother just broke his collar bone dirt biking out there... don't go dirt biking.

Oh **** i wouldn't want to hurt anything howd he manage i take he had to go to a hospital there? How was that

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dang where you headed around?
I would head straight to Ko Phangan.

You can fly direct from Singapore or Malaysia to neighbouring Ko Samui then take a ferry (avoid Bangkok). I have a buddy from San Diego I met there 10 years ago who is now living on the island.

If I had say 3 weeks I would head up North to Chang Mai - haven't been up there yet.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Well we fly into bangkok cheapest flight from over here from Canada probably stay a day. Suppose to go see some temples that i think are around there i could be wrong.

Definetly going to read up on it and theres a fullmoon party there on april 9th

So if i can figure this out i think it will be Chang Mai Ko Samui but for sure Ko Phangan to see this crazy party.

imsoaznwashed

Awards
food is delicious and whatever you do, don't take chances with fluzies.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
how do u guys get and carry money over there

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rambuttans (sp) best fruit ever!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
God I am sooooooo jealous.

eggnog631

Awards
my muay thai trainer is going to thailand next week to train. im mad jealous, but one day i will deff do that.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i really want to go on an exotic vacation :(

my parents went there last month. they had a blast. my mom was fascinated with lady boys and my dad was slightly freaked out. haha . they have zoos there which let you pet or hold certain animals like tigers, orangutans, black panthers and more. that is crazy bc here in the us we can't even tough naked mole rats!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i really want to go on an exotic vacation :(

my parents went there last month. they had a blast. my mom was fascinated with lady boys and my dad was slightly freaked out. haha . they have zoos there which let you pet or hold certain animals like tigers, orangutans, black panthers and more. that is crazy bc here in the us we can't even tough naked mole rats!
Your a Hygienist? My wife is applying for that right now. Difficult to get accepted.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have been to thailand as well. Operation Cobra Gold just like CopyCat up there. Everything he said is true. I would go see all of the sex shows and craziness everywhere just to see it. They will shove anything up there pussies. Its crazy to see a ridiculously hot chicks shoving all sorts of animals up there. just do that for like one day and then see the real culture the rest of the time. having a beer and getting your weiner sucked at the same time really makes that beer better. You can get a massage for like 5 bucks for an hour so when i was there i got 2 a day.

but seriously just try to make it to the temples and stuff.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Soapy Soapy

You've never been so clean.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i will take #24 and 65................................................and 36.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After the Soapy part I actually did Marine Corps push ups into the girls mouth while calling cadence..1,2,3-1. Why not....I know,I'm an a$$hole. Hahaha

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After the Soapy part I actually did Marine Corps push ups into the girls mouth while calling cadence..1,2,3-1. Why not....I know,I'm an a$$hole. Hahaha
dude, that screams corps values to the max. Reliving the glory days. Those times were absolutely wild.

repped for cock push ups into the soapy girls mouth.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude, that screams corps values to the max. Reliving the glory days. Those times were absolutely wild.

repped for cock push ups into the soapy girls mouth.
Hahahaha

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Your a Hygienist? My wife is applying for that right now. Difficult to get accepted.

yep i am :) . its hard to get in, but if you have the grades, its cake. its difficult but at the same time a lot easier to get into than some other professions. in my program they had about 400 applicants and only accepted 20. its crazy but doable. i wish you and your wife luck :)