Shaker cup redesign

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I have received a shaker cup from NP, but this idea applies to all of them.
1. The plastic mesh that goes under the cover, needs to have something better than that little clit in the middle. You can't grip it sometimes to get it off...no I do not have weak fingers. They could make it flat and corrugated so fingers don't slip. Or maybe like a ring that you can loop fingers thru then pull up.
2. The flap that cover the hole, maybe design it so it totally flips, and stays away. I have dodge it so it does not poke my eye out when drinking, lol. Or I have to turn the shaker side ways.
3. Make the measurement more readable, maybe colored.
Ok I am off my soap box now, waiting on the flaming. I hope I did not seem ungrateful, cause I felt the same about the ones I actually bought at the nutrition shop.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
is this the one with the metal ball in the cup?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
you're right. those shakers are cheap. they work but are frustrating.
i wish they would screw on easier like a nalgene bottle.
i just got their fancy new blender bottle (the one with a ball in it) but haven't tried it yet.
i'm hopeful it will solve all my life problems.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
The blue Syntrax ones make me angry.

The first one I dropped on my kitchen floor and it cracked down the middle. The cap on my other one broke off. The lids are tough as hell to screw on, and whatever I'm shaking up tends to spew out cuz the lid doesn't screw on too tight, and if it does screw on tight enough, I can't get it off.

I got a pretty good ON shaker free from Nutra like a year ago, but I lost it. I loved that thing.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The blender bottles with the wire ball are very effective shaker cups. I highly recommend if you guys haven't tried them yet.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
^^ I believe thats the one i received with this order.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The blue Syntrax ones make me angry.
I HATE THOSE, but they are free!

If you want a good experience with shaker bottles, buy a Blender Bottle. I think they are like, $6 on NP. I bought 2 and they have lasted me for a year or more. No leaks, no hassle, and I get perfectly mixed shakes!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
yeah the syntrax bottle is what I am referring to. When I try to tighten it real tight, it just clicks like it is slipping off the thread. I have not gotten a chance to try the new one as yet. Like I mentioned before, sometimes it is a pain to get the plastic mesh off, especially if it is wet.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah the syntrax bottle is what I am referring to. When Itry to tighten it real tight, it just clicks like it is slipping off the thread. I have not gotten a chance to try the new one as yet. Like I mentioned before, sometimes it is a pain to get the plastic mesh off, especially if it is wet.
You know they send those out to you for free so they can imagine the look of frustration on your face when you try to operate it... It's true!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
You know they send those out to you for free so they can imagine the look of frustration on your face when you try to operate it... It's true!
Too funny. With a name like yours, they better be careful, lol. Sure would not want to aggravate you.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would say you should put your own balls in there of course! ;)
After I read this the first time, bad images ensued! Would be funny to catch a youtube video of someone trying to do that lol!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
After I read this the first time, bad images ensued! Would be funny to catch a youtube video of someone trying to do that lol!
you probably would want to watch that type of video you pervert! :lol:

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I have a blender bottle, and it is cool, but i prefer this to it.
Turbo Shaker - It's all about the fins!

Top snaps on, and off, and mixes very well. I have had the same one for like 5 years.
The website does not say or show much to distinguish it from other traditional shakers. From your experience, what is so different about it? Not trying to be difficult, just want to learn more about the item so I can decide if to buy it.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That thing looks inferior to the Blender Bottle IMO.
It may look inferior, but i like it better.. Just more convenient. I use it 99% of the time..

The only time i use my blender bottle is for my WMS i bring to the gym, or if i travel.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i dont mind my syntrax one. I put in the milk and put the protien on the grid so it kind of sifts through, then shake. No clumps yet.
I do agree on the cap thing though. it does get in the way.
But theyre free!
i have 3 now...

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
How about a shaker that keeps a small amount of powder in it? like a spring loaded dump. So you can keep some NO in it for before workout, and protein in it for aftet?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
alright....i've used my new blender bottle and i have to admit it lives up to all the hype!
i just ordered another since they are still on sale and threw away all my crappy syntrax shakers.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
alright....i've used my new blender bottle and i have to admit it lives up to all the hype!
i just ordered another since they are still on sale and threw away all my crappy syntrax shakers.
Told ya!:thumbsup: hey don't sell them on nutra, but they sell a 20oz version which is more efficient. They are a little cheaper as well.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
i dont mind my syntrax one. I put in the milk and put the protien on the grid so it kind of sifts through, then shake. No clumps yet.
I do agree on the cap thing though. it does get in the way.
But theyre free!
i have 3 now...
4 BIOTCH!!!!

You would think one of them would work half-way decent out of the bunch. The only thing it's good for is sticky hands and pre-workout aggression. The aggression I don't mind. The sticky hands, well I'm still trying to find a good use for sticky hands but I have come up empty handed. empty, sticky, handed.