I unlocked my iPhone 3G and now use it with T-Mobile

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife found an iPhone 3G at a concert sometime back. I have T-mobile though. Well, now there is software out top unlock the iPhone 3G and I can now use the phone on T-Mobile with my sim card. This Rocks!!
:dance:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Did the phone have numbers in it? Why didnt you call someone to get it back to the owner?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The phone was locked and I couldn't unlock it to call any numbers. Left it on till the phone battery died. No calls. I'm sure I don't have a 100% moral high road, but I'm not gonna complain.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The phone was locked and I couldn't unlock it to call any numbers. Left it on till the phone battery died. No calls. I'm sure I don't have a 100% moral high road, but I'm not gonna complain.
Well in that situation its a little different. If the thought entered your mind and you tried to do the right thing, thats all you can do.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those that want to throw negs my way...

FYI...I wasn't going to drive 2hrs from San Diego to Los Angeles to get the phone from my wife to then drive 2.5 hrs to the fair grounds the concert was at to return the phone to a lost and found that no longer existed. We left the phone on so they could call. They didn't. I would have answered and returned if they have. Yes I realize that the line of morality here was thinly walked, but I'm only going to do so much. Just saying.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I guess the unlocking process totally wipes out prior data?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
you know you can plug them things into your computer, and with the right software get all the info you want off them. Txt history, numbers, pics. etc, etc,etc. I do that with my phone, and its regardless of if its locked er not.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Well whatever you do don't update it. Unlocked phones like that go for about $700 to $800 where I live.