Reputation?

Nick26

Nick26

Awards
:think:I was wondering if anyone could tell me how your reputation goes up?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If someone reps you (little scale under your avi) is one. If someone with lots of rep points gives you reps you will get more than you would from someone who has only a little. Also, how active you are, threads and posts you make gives some. Other than that I don't know.

ZeusSOM

Banned
Awards
:think:I was wondering if anyone could tell me how your reputation goes up?
Yeah it has become a little overrated unfortunately. The rep whores are all among us! :think:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it has become a little overrated unfortunately. The rep whores are all among us! :think:
2nd post, eh?
You seem to have a strong opinion for a new poster.

EDIT: Ahhh, I see. Zeus (SoM) ;)

Nick26

Nick26

Awards
Thanks copycat thats all I needed to know, Im not a "rep whore" but hey you get these type of people in here that cant just answer the OP's question they have to make stupid comments.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks copycat thats all I needed to know, Im not a "rep whore" but hey you get these type of people in here that cant just answer the OP's question they have to make stupid comments.
And you are referring to whom?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Your reputation goes up the more times you say "bro/brah/broski/brosef".

Or "cell tech brah".

You get the picture.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I have wondered how they calculate the points. I get reps, and it shows how many rep points received for that rep.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
When I rep it is little, but I got a pretty big one from someone who has alot of rep points. So I am guessing your rep power is based on your total reps? Or can you designate how much u want to rep?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I rep it is little, but I got a pretty big one from someone who has alot of rep points. So I am guessing your rep power is based on your total reps? Or can you designate how much u want to rep?
the rep points you give is based on the amount of rep points you have... likewise with negging.

I think it would be cool that when you rep someone, you actually GAVE them some of your points - a somewhat act of selflessness.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm a rep whoreder

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it would be cool that when you rep someone, you actually GAVE them some of your points - a somewhat act of selflessness.
Like a zero-sum game? :)

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strategicmove again

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
So why does it show in Usercp that I have 437 rep, but my avatar only show 28? I keep getting reps, but it doesn't move.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So why does it show in Usercp that I have 437 rep, but my avatar only show 28? I keep getting reps, but it doesn't move.
Rep points are the total points gained, where Rep Power is the % of that, in which that is the number you give to someone when you rep them.

Make sense?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Rep points are the total points gained, where Rep Power is the % of that, in which that is the number you give to someone when you rep them.

Make sense?
OKAY, mister 5 pointed red star rep man :)

i want a wolly mammoth over my rep bar, but no luck as of yet.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
everyone will be negged

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Don't mean to interrupt the jovial atmosphere, but how would I go about "repping" someone who provided a valuable answer to a post? I may be blind, but did not see the option. Hopefully seniority isn't the answer b/c I've been here over 5 years.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's right between the blue dot and the exclamation point.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
It's right between the blue dot and the exclamation point.
A little slow here, walk me through it: I post, someone answers and I:

Click their profile, reply, scratch my head and make a wish (-:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
look below their avi . . that's right below...

You will see the words in red "AmSpace"

below that is a blue dot (if they are online) - colourless if off line.

next is a sliver set of scales, then a black exclamation mark in a red-framed triangle

The silver scales is the Reputation - can be used for good, or evil - your choice :bandit: