Trust & Loyalty

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
I am just ranting… but I am wondering what happened to loyalty in today’s society. It seems like you can’t trust anyone. It seems like everyone wants to be your friend baste off of what you can provide for them but when $hit hits the fan or times get tough they seem to disappear. I am lucky to have found 3 people that I can always trust but that’s it

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
You're 3 times luckier than most people.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am just ranting… but I am wondering what happened to loyalty in today’s society. It seems like you can’t trust anyone. It seems like everyone wants to be your friend baste off of what you can provide for them but when $hit hits the fan or times get tough they seem to disappear. I am lucky to have found 3 people that I can always trust but that’s it
There is no loyalty, the only humans you should trust are dead ones, humans are a f**king disgusting species, they belong on the list right next to dodo birds and saber-toothed tigers.

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
There is no loyalty, the only humans you should trust are dead ones, humans are a f**king disgusting species, they belong on the list right next to dodo birds and saber-toothed tigers.
ha ha so true

jdobrze1

Awards
people definately will use that word (loyalty) to their advantage in situations where they shouldn't. The only things that are loyal is your deodorant and a dog.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
This is how you learn who your true friends are. When things are good everyone wants to roll with you, but when it gets tough you'll know exactly who your true friends are.

bigdude08

bigdude08

Awards
If you think that you have found 3 people that you can always trust, then you might need to add yourself to the list of people whos judgement you can't trust. Hopefully I'm wrong, but humans are human, OMEN's, post is a little harsh, but not too far from the truth.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you think that you have found 3 people that you can always trust, then you might need to add yourself to the list of people whos judgement you can't trust. Hopefully I'm wrong, but humans are human, OMEN's, post is a little harsh, but not too far from the truth.
Omen also eats pig's brains when the supply of small children become scarce... :thumbsup:

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I have 0 true friends but, lots of acquantinces. I trust family, my wife, and my guns. It is really hard to find real people. Guard those three with your life.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have 0 true friends but, lots of acquantinces. I trust family, my wife, and my guns. It is really hard to find real people. Guard those three with your life.
you're lucky you have a wife you can trust....many don't and find out the hard way..

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
you're lucky you have a wife you can trust....many don't and find out the hard way..
Yeah really lucky. She puts up with me and knows everything about me and stays. I would lay down my life for her and my family. I would also do the same for any real friend, but as of now I have none.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
"Sometimes you dont know who your real friends are, and sometimes you dont know who your friends, really are."

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Sometimes you never know who your real friends are, and sometimes you dont know who your friends, really are."
that's a good one. How about:

"Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are"

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
- George Washington (1732 - 1799) US Statesman.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, this is sad but true. There is no loyalty at all anymore. I am going through a divorce right now, and that woman would never hae understood the word, no matter how she acted otherwise. It is a shame at times when we think about it, that it no longer exists. However there is always 1 or 2 people who are going along for the ride with you, and make sure that you acknowledge them for it.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
There is still trust and loyalty, but it is extremely rare. It is posessed by the very, very few, and not the many. Hopefully, a guy never has to depend on "trust and loyalty".

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have pity for a lot of you guys. Trust and loyalty exists. It always has, and it always will. People haven't changed at all; the only thing that has changed is your perception.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Society has made us into our own seperate entities. What I call "brotherhood" comprises of neighbors, friends, family, lovers. Brotherhood has suffered due to aspiration.

We've "progressed" so much so, built a ladder so high, that we all climb it oblivious to the fact that we climb past/over people. Whether climbing toward prestige (the smart) and/or money (the smart AND the dumb), everyone is climbing toward the top, just not seeing/caring about what life should be.

Hell, I'm climbing as well. But I can see the others climbing with me. And I know where my destination is. And it's far from the top. I have no passions/aspirations. I simply want to live my life and be comfortable. I'll be climbing only high enough to have jobs where I help people, and in turn, I'll receive money of course, and satisfaction. I'm gonna be an English teacher, among other things.

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
I will defiantly guard those people with my life. One is my brother the other is my sister and the one I have the most trust in is my best and only true friend that has been tried and tested. It is a sad thing but I cant mention the parents wish I could

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have pity for a lot of you guys. Trust and loyalty exists. It always has, and it always will. People haven't changed at all; the only thing that has changed is your perception.
Exactly!

People have always been the way the are, they've always tried to f**k people over or just f**k them, which ever they can get away without getting their throat slits or their ass beat, too bad.

Never forgive, Never forget.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Well if you want more trust and loyalty start acting of it.
You cant trust someone, get burned then stop trusting and complain about the lack of trust!

Trust people, be loyal to those that deserve it and you shall reap what you sow.

Be greatful for the people you found out about, dont be fearful for the ones that you dont know yet, who will let you down.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly!

People have always been the way the are, they've always tried to f**k people over or just f**k them, which ever they can get away without getting their throat slits or their ass beat, too bad.

Why do you have such a gloom outlook on life, Omen? That must be very lonely and tiring being so pissed off all the time. Forgetting is obviously an impossibility, but forgiving is something that we must learn to do, assuming those people are sorry for what they've done...Obviously there is no forgiveness without remorse.

We're all flawed people. I don't follow the "You're no better than anyone else" school of thought, but that's not to say we don't all fall short of perfection.

I do agree, however, that people often put too much trust in others. I have commitment issues with the women I date for this very reason, but I don't really see it as a good thing. There are trustworthy people out there, my fear is that I'll choose one that isn't, which is why I have sabotaged so many relationships. It's my own fault, not theirs.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why do you have such a gloom outlook on life, Omen? That must be very lonely and tiring being so pissed off all the time. Forgetting is obviously an impossibility, but forgiving is something that we must learn to do, assuming those people are sorry for what they've done...Obviously there is no forgiveness without remorse.

We're all flawed people. I don't follow the "You're no better than anyone else" school of thought, but that's not to say we don't all fall short of perfection.

I do agree, however, that people often put too much trust in others. I have commitment issues with the women I date for this very reason, but I don't really see it as a good thing. There are trustworthy people out there, my fear is that I'll choose one that isn't, which is why I have sabotaged so many relationships. It's my own fault, not theirs.
You got that right, life is becoming more tiring and lonelier everyday.

I'm not gonna go into detail about all the sh*t going on, I love my life, love where I'm at, it's f**king people that I hate, I'd love to wake up one day and see 99.999999999% of people f**king dead.

If I told you what's been going on in my life in just 1 year, you'd never wanna look at a human again except with disgust and hate, if I tell you even longer, the only thing you'd wanna do to humans is slit their throats.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You got that right, life is becoming more tiring and lonelier everyday.

I'm not gonna go into detail about all the sh*t going on, I love my life, love where I'm at, it's f**king people that I hate, I'd love to wake up one day and see 99.999999999% of people f**king dead.

If I told you what's been going on in my life in just 1 year, you'd never wanna look at a human again except with disgust and hate, if I tell you even longer, the only thing you'd wanna do to humans is slit their throats.
I'll agree that a lot of people suck. I wouldn't wish them dead, but there is a reason why I rarely go out and socialize...I just don't like most people.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Exactly!

Go to a developing country where the gap between the Have's and the Have Nots is a ****ing chasm - then you'll see this as a reality in the wide open.

Grab you backpack and head down Guatemala way - see the human condition at it's finest. People trampling over each other just to exist.

In life if you leave yourself open you're going to get cut so be guarded.

People will fuck you to get ahead in life on a lot of different levels, but that doesn't necessary mean that has to be your Modus Operandi.

I don't want everyone dead, but I sure wish I had the power to selectively cleanse the population of some of it's inhabitants - and I would do it without remorse.

I'll start a new thread for potential candidates:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/113658-making-planet-better.html#post1748048

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go to a developing country where the gap between the Have's and the Have Nots is a ****ing chasm - then you'll see this as a reality in the wide open.

Grab you backpack and head down Guatemala way - see the human condition at it's finest. People trampling over each other just to exist.

In life if you leave yourself open you're going to get cut so be guarded.

People will fuck you to get ahead in life on a lot of different levels, but that doesn't necessary mean that has to be your Modus Operandi.

I don't want everyone dead, but I sure wish I had the power to selectively cleanse the population of some of it's inhabitants - and I would do it without remorse.

I'll start a new thread for potential candidates:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/113658-making-planet-better.html#post1748048
I have, in fact, I spent more time outside the US than I did in the US. Although I was born here, in the US.

Omen needs to spend 1 day in a real conflict and see some of the victims first hand. His outlook will probably change then. I've spent lots of time with people who kill for a living as well as military members who have had to kill, these people don't go around talking all torturous and hard core, we are some of the nicest people in the world.
Ignorance is bliss for some.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Trust leads to loyalty, mistrust leads to betrayal. I try to give everyone a chance, I don't keep score, but more often than not, I am let down.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Omen, I have been through a rough divorce and hard times the last 4/5 yrs. I could feel the same, but believe me, forgiveness is the key to getting on with your life and living a happy life. I agree that most people are out for themselves, but just ignore those. There are good people in the world.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
This is pretty hardcore. I'd say get some new friends then.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I have 2 friends IRL outside of family that I know don't want what I've got. My whole life people claim I was 'privileged' because my parents were smart enough to start their own business. Up until my mid 20's anyone that was 'new' as a friend was only so to get a job, money, a free ride, etc.

Now I get heat from people that think that since I've been 'the bosses son' I don't have to do anything but show up. Little do they know I'm running the place and will take ownership in a few years.

I don't feel bad that I don't have 100's of friends. I wouldn't have time for them anyway. When a person dies, if they can fill 1/2 a hand with people they call friends they've done well. :pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza:

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established

what did Dodos ever do, to make them classified as disgusting?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
living in the Western World.. I think if we have our money, have our health and aint getting screwed with legal problems, that's really ALL we need in order to be happy as hell. We're free agents and can go places, do things. Cuz what's the point of loyalty and trust when you don't even have a home to go to, or food to eat, or clean water to drink. I think all this loyalty only came in times of survival.

It's probably just an unreasoned observation of mine, but i've seen many immigrant families who came here with no money but they stuck together and survived. As soon as they got rich, the money got the best of their morals. That's to say that when they were in trouble, they stuck together and fought the battle.

And human beings (well atleast of the Western cultures.. not sure about the East) a cannibalistic specie so yea "Man eat Man to live" which kinda opposes the whole concept of loyalty.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
ah mate, I think he's saying that humans are disgusting, and should join the same list as the dodo i.e. extinct.

ahhh i see, as in extinct. God damn, I can't think for sh*t these days lol...

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Major props for this: Concepts of 'trust' and 'loyalty' developed in a world where people knew everyone within a day's walk, and only birth and death (and raiders) changed that cast of characters.

When you've known everyone around you ALL OF YOUR LIFE AND THEIRS, trust really means something: you KNOW these people in ways that the casual modern association we call "friendship" can't even begin to expose.

You want friends? They take *years* to cultivate, but they're as solid as blood.

Loyalty? Loyalty gets tricky, 'cause you have to ask: loyal to what? To whom? You want gang-style loyalty? Mafioso honor? Good luck: that's treacherous ground, where imagined slights are as deadly as real ones. Loyalty is earned, but it's also situational: which loyalty takes precedence? Friendship? Family? Faith? Nation? Whichever you consider higher is the deciding factor in who and what you will betray.

This is why oaths should NEVER be taken lightly.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Major props for this: Concepts of 'trust' and 'loyalty' developed in a world where people knew everyone within a day's walk, and only birth and death (and raiders) changed that cast of characters.

When you've known everyone around you ALL OF YOUR LIFE AND THEIRS, trust really means something: you KNOW these people in ways that the casual modern association we call "friendship" can't even begin to expose.

You want friends? They take *years* to cultivate, but they're as solid as blood.

Loyalty? Loyalty gets tricky, 'cause you have to ask: loyal to what? To whom? You want gang-style loyalty? Mafioso honor? Good luck: that's treacherous ground, where imagined slights are as deadly as real ones. Loyalty is earned, but it's also situational: which loyalty takes precedence? Friendship? Family? Faith? Nation? Whichever you consider higher is the deciding factor in who and what you will betray.

This is why oaths should NEVER be taken lightly.
Well said, intelligent articulation!

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Loyalty above all else.

There is not a doubt in my mind that my key friends and my brother are loyal and at a drop of a hat would do anything for me and I for them.

There is something to be said about Brotherhood among men.

Don't get me wrong, the world is full of people I'd rather not associate with and who I despise for what they are and what morals (or lack their of) they go by. But to have no faith in man is a sad place to be. I feel that if you yourself are a fiercely loyal friend, you will find the same.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Agreed!

If you want loyalty, be loyal - and expect loyalty in return.
If you want respect, show respect.
If you want friendship, offer friendship.

Some will disappoint you - but others will not.

tattoopierced1

trying to find a truly loyal person today is like trying finding the clean spot of a dirty a$$

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
You have to wonder how many times someone has not been loyal to you because of your actions.

If you seemed loyal and trusting consistently it would be quite difficult to NOT eventually form atleast one solid lasting alliance of understanding.

Remember if you hang out with shiet long enough you start to smell like it.

Consider the venue where you seek loyalty, some places are filled with people just concerned with survival and these people are the likely ones to take from you to provide for themselves.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i trust you Omen :lol:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
This thread has inspired a new sense of optimism for me, aside from the negative posts, which are probably justifiable perceptions, others have manifest the anti-thesis which should behoove us all in our attempts to make some sense of this. Even though there is a "dog eat dog" mentality that is pervasive, we dont have to incorporate it into our own lives and become a part of it.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do believe you can trust some, just have to be sure you are careful who those few are. I may change my mind once the few I do trust burn me.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a couple true friends, but really I center myself around people that are mostly aquaintances. I think I just talk to people for the social fulfillment. I don't really go looking for actual friends though. That kind of thing just kind of happens randomly.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
Agreed!

If you want loyalty, be loyal - and expect loyalty in return.
If you want respect, show respect.
If you want friendship, offer friendship.

Some will disappoint you - but others will not.

I love that you keep defending the ideals and offering hope, cause if you do not believe these things exist, or can exist, to me you are hopeless and worse off than anyone else.

I was raised a scout, and hard earned my eagle rank. A scout is trustworthy, a scout is loyal. These are two ideals I strongly believe in, and hope to find in others. It is not easy at all to find, but once you do it is worth fighting for.

I also joined a fraternity, not for the beer, but for the brothership and lasting relations. Not everyone was real, but I made some of my most important, and most reliable friendships in that group. I have a select few I know I can trust.

dpfisher

All you can do is trust people, when they let you down then stop. There's really nothing people can do to prove to you they can be trusted, you just have to assume they can and take the **** you get.

I see where a lot of you are coming from, I'd do just about anything for a friend and can be trusted with pretty much anything, and it seems like the vast majority of people can't be. I have enough friends that I know someone will always be there if I need them and even though I can't say one specific person will be 100% for sure it's good enough for me.

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
3 people is pretty good, I'd keep my eye on the second one. they are always the shiftiest.