Colognes/Scents: whats good, whats bad

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys wear?

I've been wearing Chikara, but I don't think I'll be reupping that. Too expensive for the size of the bottle, plus I didnt get too many 'hits'.

I use Calvin Klein Escape, was turned onto that in the early 90s. Still like it.

Just ordered a bottle of Burberry Touch, to change things up. Those plaid bottles are cool looking.

I personally think smelling 'unique' is key ... a scent people are not used to. Sure, cool water smells nice... but it's too popular. I gotta be original.

If you answer "Axe" in this thread, I will neg you. ;)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like Polo Triple Black, believe it or not bath and body works has a good smelling guys cologne.

There was one I really liked it could only be found at Nordstroms I believe. I can't remember what it was called but it was unique. Tom Ford was the guy that made it.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Kenneth cole Black, Armani code, Armani, and the original "Tommy"

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
Michael Jordan cologne!!!
haha I still wear every once in awhile!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
212 by carolina herrera. My favorite for awhile now.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Burberry London is the only one I am wearing right now.

Not too into commercial perfumes/colognes, but this one is good.

I want to look into Jo Malone "Amber + Lavender". I've heard good things.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a seasonal cologne person:

Spring: Armani Aqua di Gio
Summer: CK Summer

Cold-days: Burberry London (I'm in FL. We have "cold days" and spring/summer. :lol:)

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
I work at Nordstrom and the concensus from most of the ladies seems to be a cool/smooth scent. Try Lacoste (I think its a light green color) or Bvlgari Aqua Marine those always seem to hit. D&G light blue is a little over done. A new one that just came out is Gucci by Gucci (Yeah imagine that?? :think:) Its a pretty good one too.

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
Im a big fan of the aqua di gio myself, its been a round for a wjile but it is still one of the best. I used to get a lot of comments on verra wang for men as well. Just as long as it aint brute or old spic, hahha. Also I want to tell the guys that think axe body spray is cologne, its not.

tattoopierced1

Aqua di gio I wear occasionally, but I love me some chikara.. smells good and works wonders.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I like how Aqua smells but its too common! I'll have to check out Burberrys london, i like their line

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Givenchy Pi Neo
Perry Ellis 18
Lacoste Black
Kenneth Cole Reaction

Out of all of them, the 18 gets the most compliments by far.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
This'll sound wierd but I have always been most attracted to a guy who smells like soap and fabric softner with a hint of his natural scent. Just that clean confident man smell.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This'll sound wierd but I have always been most attracted to a guy who smells like soap and fabric softner with a hint of his natural scent. Just that clean confident man smell.
That's the criteria I use when I buy scents: I like to smell like I just got out of the shower.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
Honestly, that is the sexiest thing. Scents can sometimes be too trendy and nothing sucks more than smelling a guy and associating that with another person or event. If someone is going to wear a scent look hard for something unique and make sure it matches your body chemistry and don't put on too much.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Love this stuff. -Givenchy Blue Label- Gets me compliments and the lil lady loves it:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, that is the sexiest thing. Scents can sometimes be too trendy and nothing sucks more than smelling a guy and associating that with another person or event. If someone is going to wear a scent look hard for something unique and make sure it matches your body chemistry and don't put on too much.
Exactly@@@

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. That's why I like the lighter, fresher, citrusy scents that I wear in the summer...A lot of dudes seem to spray it all over their clothes, too, which is the wrong way to wear it. I always spray it on my body (neck/chest) rather than my clothing. Usually just one spray.

You're supposed to smell like YOU, not the cologne. The cologne is just there for a little extra kick.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's interesting... I usually wait until it rains, then go roll naked on the lawn :thumbsup:

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
abercrombie - Fierce....compliments all the time

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's just stick with the tried and true: Brut and Aspen :lol:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very Sexy for Him 2 - Victoria Secrets
Aqua Marine - Bvgari
Fierce - Abercombie
Light Blue - D&G

There is another that I just can't remember, but was good as hell. I'll post it if I remember which will prolly be just as I start to fall asleep.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My wife bought me Sean Jean's new cologne recently. I'm really enjoying to be honest. 1 squirt will last all day, and is not overly strong.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
tommy hilfiger
versace
emporio armani

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
L'Hombre - Yves Saint Laurent

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
My ex bought me a bottle of "Very Sexy for him by Victoria Secret" ... anytime a stranger asked me what I was wearing I would tell them "old spice" ... i did not want to say i wore something called "very sexy" by "victoria secret" less i feel emasculated :D

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I once covered myself in codliver oil then went naked to a blind lesbian convention..... :ntome:

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I accidentally came across some stuff called Cerruti Image about 10 years ago. Ive been wearing it ever since. I love it. It seems to just fit me real well.

No one has ever told me they know someone else that wears it, and everyone seems to love it.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
depends on your target audience. if you like em large, try using KFC as a cologne :)

on a serious note, there once was a cologne that was rumored to attract women called "millionaire". it was the smell of fresh ink and paper ! true story, and it was rumored to work better the nicer you dressed.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
aqua di gio
KCole Black
Hugo Boss

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Michael Jordan cologne!!!
haha I still wear every once in awhile!
Honestly, that cologne is really good, if it's the one I'm thinking about.

The one called "Jordan" (by Jordan) that comes in the blue box, not the "Michael Jordan" that comes in the black. It's really inexpensive, and I get compliments on it all the time.

Also good:

Chrome Legend (much better than the original Chrome, IMO, which smells good but doesn't ever seem to wear off and gets annoying after a while)

Polo Blue

Armani Code

Finally, there was one cologne that I tried from a friend but haven't smelled in 4-5 years but at the time I thought it was incredible: Versace Blue Jeans. I keep forgetting to order some online, but I remember it was awesome. If I ever get around to ordering some, I'll let you all know if it's as good as I remember!

badfish21981

badfish21981

Awards
My favorite is burberry touch. It has a light soft scent and it always gets comments.

dpfisher

I like Canali, it's never out of place any time anywhere, and it's reasonably priced as far as decent colognes go. It's not real strong but I don't want to smell like I bathed in it anyway so it works out well for me. If that's your thing they make stronger versions as well. Rochas Man is a good one for clubbing, gets compliments, but it dries down real strong and powdery after 5-6 hours. I also like Bvlgari black but mainly for my own enjoyment, I'm a car guy and it smells like chrome, rubber, gas, and leather which smells good to me. Don't know if the girls would like it as much.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
armani
happy for men (clinique i think)
givenchy

meksi

Awards
I am a seasonal kinda cologne user as well. You cant go wrong with Givenchy and Burberry.....BUT for something different and truly unique, IMO L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake. Girls will come out of nowhere and even guys will ask what you are wearing...of course guys will end their question with "no homo".

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
I like Desiel Fuel for Life
and sometimes I'll buy some Puma because it's not to expensive

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without a doubt......Abercrombie "Fierce"

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I've been wearing DKNY Be Delicious Men for about 2 years...I hear they discontinued it :(

Iron Adikt

Iron Adikt

Awards
armani code, aqua di gio, the burb is nice, um the new swiss mil smells good,