nostradamas and edgar casey...any one follow this stuff?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
the apocolys (spelling) and all the stuff on history channel lately? It's damn interesting and almost scary. These dudes predicted all the world events since 2000 on the exact month, year, and sometimes day that they would happen

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
december 21, 2012. we'll be invaded by llamas. at least, that's my prediction.

the only way the mayan prediction could come true, is a massive switching of the polar caps, which would flood most of the known world. dunno about all this, but i'm going to a mountain for christmas in 3 years just to be safe :)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
the edgar casey stuff is pretty crazy. He's got books and books of predictions, most have come true.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah he predicted modern day medicine and told them how to create it. Crazy.... scientist are saying these possibilities are very possible and some are expected by 2012 like edgar casey stated. Notradamas predicted the iraq war between US and iraq, he predicted 911, he told them where to look at the squinx paw.... I don't think that just is a random occurance.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
the apocolys (spelling) and all the stuff on history channel lately? It's damn interesting and almost scary. These dudes predicted all the world events since 2000 on the exact month, year, and sometimes day that they would happen
From what I've seen in past episodes, this stuff is up to interpretation. Sort of like if you're a Scorpio and you read "An important person will make a difference in your life this year". Ya well, WTF does that mean? My mother will send me a gift basket? Obama will get me a free ride to Harvard?

What predictions have been....predicted TL?

Curiously,

-Papa!-

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
From what I've seen in past episodes, this stuff is up to interpretation. Sort of like if you're a Scorpio and you read "An important person will make a difference in your life this year". Ya well, WTF does that mean? My mother will send me a gift basket? Obama will get me a free ride to Harvard?

What predictions have been....predicted TL?

Curiously,

-Papa!-
they predicted all the major events recently. the chinese tsunami, 911, iraq war, Hurricane Katrina. They have exact locations and years stating exactly what would occur and they did. It is also said the people took advantage od edgar casey about oil drilling and horse races and he was always right aka they made huge turnover off of him

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
they predicted all the major events recently. the chinese tsunami, 911, iraq war, Hurricane Katrina. They have exact locations and years stating exactly what would occur and they did. It is also said the people took advantage od edgar casey about oil drilling and horse races and he was always right aka they made huge turnover off of him
I gotta say, for someone so good at prediction, you'd think Edgar Casey could have predicted that people would have taken advantage of his predictions. If he had predicted this, then his predictions were gifts to those who acted upon them. ;)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I gotta say, for someone so good at prediction, you'd think Edgar Casey could have predicted that people would have taken advantage of his predictions. If he had predicted this, then his predictions were gifts to those who acted upon them. ;)
well he did it all to help people so I don't think he really cared. I think its all just so cool though.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
well he did it all to help people so I don't think he really cared. I think its all just so cool though.
I agree, it is interesting stuff. Have you seen the episode about where they discuss the Bible and its hidden messages? Those messages predict as well. (Not sure if that's the episode you've been talking about.)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
he was in a trance when he did predictions, and couldn't remember the questions or answers when he awoke from the trance. in later years, to combat people abusing his gifts, he had a scribe ask him the questions, and filter the ones for financial gains out.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I agree, it is interesting stuff. Have you seen the episode about where they discuss the Bible and its hidden messages? Those messages predict as well. (Not sure if that's the episode you've been talking about.)
i watched that last night. well one of them. this week is armagedon week so its all that stuff. simply amazing. This episode discussed the 7 signs in the bible, scientist came ot the conclusion that these are very realistic and some have already begun to occur. Check it out all week long man...I can watch it for hours.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't like even thinking about that ****..lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I don't like even thinking about that ****..lol
i agree. it gives me EXTREME CHILLS and goosebumps literally. there is just too much these guys have gotten right along with some civilizations such as maya who had a better calendar than us, plus the scientist now saying its fairly to extremely possible to happen soon... it just too much stuff in common to dismiss it. Plus the bible also has it layed out fairly clear.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
Many of nostradamas' predictions were done as pictures, which are open to interpretation.

I watched about 15 minutes of that show and turned it off. I usually love watching this kind of thing but the leaps and bounds they were using to justify their interpretations of his 'predictions' was too much.

At one point, there was a picture shown with a sword held vertically, with a ribbon passing over it horizontally. They said the ribbon was the milky way and the sword was the center of it.

Seriously, wtf?

This isn't the first time people have claimed there was going to be an armageddon. And yet we are still here.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
All this stuff FREAKS ME OUT!!!

I'm gonna get me some AK-47s and well-trained guard dogs before 2012.

Everyman for himself!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Many of nostradamas' predictions were done as pictures, which are open to interpretation.

I watched about 15 minutes of that show and turned it off. I usually love watching this kind of thing but the leaps and bounds they were using to justify their interpretations of his 'predictions' was too much.

At one point, there was a picture shown with a sword held vertically, with a ribbon passing over it horizontally. They said the ribbon was the milky way and the sword was the center of it.

Seriously, wtf?

This isn't the first time people have claimed there was going to be an armageddon. And yet we are still here.

I agree that part was a bit off when they were talking about his book, but its the first time science has agreed with it that its pretty possible to come soon.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
All this stuff FREAKS ME OUT!!!

I'm gonna get me some AK-47s and well-trained guard dogs before 2012.

Everyman for himself!
big, why does it freak you out? What do you think an "armageddon" will be like? No 2nd coming of Christ? Or are they synonymous?

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I agree that part was a bit off when they were talking about his book, but its the first time science has agreed with it that its pretty possible to come soon.
Well we know SOMETHING is going to happen. But just because the galaxy aligns or whatever they say doesn't mean the world is going to end.

Hell some predictions say we will transcend on 2012. The human race will have had enough discoveries that on that date we will either transcend or evolve as a race.

That sounds like a better option to me.

If you all really are interested in this armageddon stuff, google exit mundi. It's an awesome site that covers just about every possible scenario for the world or universe ending.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
You notice what great detail they claim to have 'predicted' these events....yet....there are no detailed events down to the day predicted for 1 hour past the airing of that show?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Until September 1923, they were not systematically preserved. However, an October 10, 1922 Birmingham (Alabama) Age-Herald article quotes Cayce as saying that he had given 8,056 readings as of that date, and it is known that he gave approximately 13,000-14,000 readings after that date. Today, only about 14,000 are available at Cayce headquarters and on-line. Thus, it appears that about 7,000-8,000 Cayce readings are missing."

"Shermer also says that methods used at the institution operated by Cayce's followers show their ESP experiments have no statistical difference from chance."
:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

In another "alien life mythical BS book" my friend suggested to read, they said the pyramids are dated 10,500 and here:

In 1984 the Cayce foundation supported an effort to carbon date the pyramids of Giza. The average radiocarbon dates were 374 years earlier than expected by the Egyptologists, but nowhere near the 10,500 years B.C. claimed by Cayce. [26] They were actually completed around 2560 B.C. about 8,000 years after Cayce predicted.

Probably a rip off off Casey :D

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hashish is some strong sh*t... ;)

I've been around the world a few times and I have watched every form of violence erupt in front of me. Whatever happens, happens. I've watched a guy that was high on Opium, letting snakes bite him and declared himself a "gateway" for Satan himslef. Well, he died, and the only thing that came out of him was his bowels. That Satan sure does stink.

Anyway, I refuse to live my life by worrying about what some guy said about the future. And if the Four Horsemen appear and ride on my side of the street, they might want to wear some magical tactical body armor on. Woooooooo! (Sorry for the Ric Flair moment ;))

But the shows are interesting to say the least. :D

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyway, I refuse to live my life by worrying about what some guy said about the future. And if the Four Horsemen appear and ride on my side of the street, they might want to wear some magical tactical body armor on. Woooooooo! (Sorry for the Ric Flair moment ;))

But the shows are interesting to say the least. :D
This man got it figured out......:thumbsup:

Damn right, see a horseman, kill him with a head shot and make roasts out of his horse! :nutkick:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have studied this fairly extensively and lets me say a few things

1 Nostradamus is nonsense. He kept himself locked in a small room, while doing mind expanding drugs, and staring into a small container of water. He would then see images. Wouldnt we all?

2. Cayce is an interesting study. However, some of his stuff has not happened. I am interested in his hall of records predictions, however, Dr. Zahi Hawass wont allow for any intricate study of the Sphinx on the Giza Plateau.

3. The Mayan calendar and the Chinese I Ching speak of Dec. 12, 2012. Could it be a coincidence? Possibly, however many ancient civilizations were master astronomers (specifically the Egyptians and the Maya). They knew about precession (26,000 year wobble)as well as the "dark rift" in the Milky Way. The Maya predictions speak of cataclysms and floods, which imo will most likely be brought on by some magnetic change. Which in itself will be catastrophic. Scientists know that we have had different poles before, so who knows

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Omen, the 10,500 BCE year is fairly common as well if you look at the Pyramids, and the Sphinx they match specific constellations (Orion and Leo I believe) exactly on those dates. The Egyptians called it Zep Tepi (first time) Also, the dating of the lower section of the sphinx dates to around this time based on the weathing patter as per Dr. Robert Schoch from BU

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
nice reaper. Yeah I love this stuff and reading about it all. I think its for the factor of "what if..."

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I predicted on December 31 1980, that on the Episode of The Facts of Life that it would be Mrs. Garretts birthday, but Jo wouldn't have money for a gift, therefore would lead up to her shoplifting a gift.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice reaper. Yeah I love this stuff and reading about it all. I think its for the factor of "what if..."
there is a lot out there tex to see. I will tell you there is a lot that is known that as a public we dont know. Do a bit of research on ancient maps, and see what was known and what has existed on this planet and for how long. History (and keep in mind I am a history teacher) is not what we were taught

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
there is a lot out there tex to see. I will tell you there is a lot that is known that as a public we dont know. Do a bit of research on ancient maps, and see what was known and what has existed on this planet and for how long. History (and keep in mind I am a history teacher) is not what we were taught
yeah... I agree.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Reaper can you elaborate on this?? I am wondering if you could point us in some direction for us to go off on our own research about this sort of thing? Thanks.

Mr.50

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
The Mayan prediction of 2012 is what I find interesting since it isn't based on being high or looking into a glass, but a real celestial event.

The Earth's polarity switches on a fairly consistent pattern over time. The sea floor spreads out as magma creeps up in ridges. The magma crystallizes into volcanic rocks, and the seas floor is "banded" in a sense. Depending when the section of the sea floor was deposited, the crystal structure is aligned either N or S depending on where magnetic North was at the time.

I can't imagine what occurs when this happens. I don't see how this could melt the ice caps. It seems to me that it might send sort of a shock wave through the Earth which might lead to volcanic and seismic activity. It might not even be that the Earth has a magnetic north, but that the whole solar system is magnetically north depending on where it is in the plane of the milky way.

Who knows, maybe Earth was a penal colony and we are all descended from criminal aliens - and their leader somewhere far away promised a long time ago to bring us back to paradise if we asked forgiveness for our sins.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
The Mayan prediction of 2012 is what I find interesting since it isn't based on being high or looking into a glass, but a real celestial event.

The Earth's polarity switches on a fairly consistent pattern over time. The sea floor spreads out as magma creeps up in ridges. The magma crystallizes into volcanic rocks, and the seas floor is "banded" in a sense. Depending when the section of the sea floor was deposited, the crystal structure is aligned either N or S depending on where magnetic North was at the time.

I can't imagine what occurs when this happens. I don't see how this could melt the ice caps. It seems to me that it might send sort of a shock wave through the Earth which might lead to volcanic and seismic activity. It might not even be that the Earth has a magnetic north, but that the whole solar system is magnetically north depending on where it is in the plane of the milky way.

Who knows, maybe Earth was a penal colony and we are all descended from criminal aliens - and their leader somewhere far away promised a long time ago to bring us back to paradise if we asked forgiveness for our sins.
Here's my post on a facebook thread... talking about the 2012 prediction by the Mayans... kinda sums it up in short... have a read:

im not the type to buy into the hocus pocus stuff... but its all based on the Mayan calendar... ancient civilization... if you've seen Mel Gibsons 'Apocalypto' then thats them... they've been around for yonks until Cortez (i think from memory) sailed into the americas a few centuries back and started to wipe them out

the interesting fact behind this civilization is this... over thousands of years they produced a calendar MORE accurate than ours today... and they knew **** about or solar system and milky way galaxy that modern day scientists have only learned and confirmed in the last decade

they basically worshipped the sky and if you look at all the pyramids, todays science cant explain how theyre built so accurately, each day of the year casts different shadows on the steps etc, they knew exactly how the sun, moon, stars moved etc

in fact 500 years ago they could predict a solar eclipse TODAY... to within 33seconds... hows that for accuracy so why the end of the world? well... for some unknown reason this calendar of theirs ends on Dec 21, 2012... so what? well... it turns out (science confirmed by modern day astronomers) that on that exact date the earth will line up with the sun and the centre of the milky way galaxy... something that happens only every... (i forgot) 20+ thousand years... now the thing nobody can answer is...this alignment could cause a large magnetic pull... big enough which geologists believe that could shift the north/south poles... either over hours, days or weeks... whatever the term it means everything on earth is ****ed, tictonic plates, volcanos, weather patterns, its all tied in with the magnetic fields

so thats the big deal basically (aside from the fact ancient roman and ancient chinese "fortune tellers" or them quacks who could predict the future... who had nothing in common with eachother also said the earth will end on 2012 for their own reasons)

but yea... basically put the Mayans have a more accurate calendar than our gregorian one today.. like i said they could predict solar eclipses well into the future to within 33seconds thats how well they had studied the skies over the years... their calendar ends on 2012... which has been confirmed by science is when earth + sun line up in middle of galaxy and could quite possibly create a giant magnetic pull...

that and also apparently in 2012 the sun will go into a solar maximum (cycles every 11years but once in every longer period it goes on bigger maximums i think which is gona happen now)... so it will produce more solar flares etc... quite possibly causing slight temperature rises...

long post i know but thats it in a nut shell :) or just youtube "mayan 2012"

whether you buy into it or not... your choice... but watch the youtube docos u gotta admit its interesting with the fact these mayans were so good with astronomy, time keeping and the fact modern day science agrees with them.... :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reaper can you elaborate on this?? I am wondering if you could point us in some direction for us to go off on our own research about this sort of thing? Thanks.

Mr.50
Take a look for the maps of Alexander the Great, also the Piri Reis Map. that leads to the overall look at Antartica as land, which is kind of tough to understand considering the ice has been there for millenia, or so we have been told.

Also, take a look at early civilizations, and the records of mesoamerican civilizations and the ancient egyptians about their ancestors and where they came from.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In terms of the sun, the concern is we dont know what happens with the gallactic allignment and the addition of more powerful flares. That might be the cause of concern

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Take a look for the maps of Alexander the Great, also the Piri Reis Map. that leads to the overall look at Antartica as land, which is kind of tough to understand considering the ice has been there for millenia, or so we have been told.

Also, take a look at early civilizations, and the records of mesoamerican civilizations and the ancient egyptians about their ancestors and where they came from.
so what do the maps show used to be on antartica?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Why be afraid of the end of the world?

The Mayan 2012 calender subject is a unique event indeed. But even in the religions Christianity, Muslim, Jewish, an end is predicted. And also by those religions the predictions are coming of time, and the world is almost in the perfect state it needs to be in to fulfill prophecies.

Ironically it ties into these 4 years leading up to it, which is weird considering the new president, the wars going on everywhere, the unstoppable disease and mutations that are developing throughout the world(look at Africa and AIDS).

Every end bring a new beginning. We screwed up the earth, so what if it returns the favor?

I am keeping my religious beliefs on the subject held out at the moment. But personally, I wouldn't mind the world ending in 2012.

And you know what, This could all be nothing and 2012 comes and passes as normal. Either way no reason to worry, but interesting to study indeed. I highly doubt the given day will be the end though. For no one knows the day, nor the hour :)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well they dont know that it will literally be then end, or the start of the end

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Nostradamus didn't really "Predict" these events, so to speak. People just chose to interpret them that way. It's not like he said "2 plains will crash into the world trade center on September 11th, 2001. What he actually said was
Volcanic fire from the center of the earth
will cause trembling around the new city:
Two great rocks will make war for a long time.
Then Arethusa will redden a new river.
also

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures,
the great leader will succumb,
the third big war will begin when the big city is burning
What the hell does that mean?

It's like when you listen to a song backwards. They aren't really saying anything, but once someone has made the connection for you, it is very easily perceivable. It's kind of like the hindsight bias, for those of you who are into psychology (Once something has happened it seems obvious). Once someone draws the connections between this and 9/11, it seems so clear, but if you were just to read that without any sort of bias, you would not think "Holy **** he just predicted 9/11!!!!"

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so what do the maps show used to be on antartica?
Depending upon interpretation, the Piri Reis map shows Antartica without ice, which makes literally no logical sense considering how thick the ice is. However, most geologists know that the land given for Antartica is accurate based on what we know about it now. Also, those same geologists suggest that prior to the last ice age (around that same 10,500BCE date) the odds are that prior to the last shift, Antartica was a warmer climate, and liveable land, which is what the map shows. Can anyone say Atlantis? (not sure how I feel about that one though)

Additionally, for those interested, if you take a look at the Ancient Sumerians and their tablets, they show an interesting view of the solar system.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nostradamus didn't really "Predict" these events, so to speak. People just chose to interpret them that way. It's not like he said "2 plains will crash into the world trade center on September 11th, 2001. What he actually said was

also

It's like when you listen to a song backwards. They aren't really saying anything, but once someone has made the connection for you, it is very easily perceivable. It's kind of like the hindsight bias, for those of you who are into psychology (Once something has happened it seems obvious). Once someone draws the connections between this and 9/11, it seems so clear, but if you were just to read that without any sort of bias, you would not think "Holy **** he just predicted 9/11!!!!"
actually there is little to nothing in the Nostradamus quatrains that reflects 9-11. He refers to the attack on the new city, but never gives coordinates like he did previously.

On theory about him btw, is that due to the inquisition, it is believed that much of what he wrote was not predictions at all, it was code to get messages out without the inquisition understanding them

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established

also

your september 11th one is different then the one I am talking about. and hs also said one about th iraq war that the leading world power would go to war with mesopitamia {sp}

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I am keeping my religious beliefs on the subject held out at the moment. But personally, I wouldn't mind the world ending in 2012.
If the world ended in 2012 I'd go up to st peter's gate, knock it down and kick God square in the nuts... seriously, I'm barely 21... I aint had nearly as much sex as I should have yet

that aside im recently atheist... so my view is unless science has an agreement with it then I dont bother with it cause to me the rest is just stories handed down from person to person, I want proof things are real... to a believable point. And whats what makes the mayans so interesting... science tends to agree with their prediction... so who knows

I sit here and tell myself all this stuff sounds way to whack and crazy and that 2013 will roll around and nothing will have happened...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
If the world ended in 2012 I'd go up to st peter's gate, knock it down and kick God square in the nuts... seriously, I'm barely 21... I aint had nearly as much sex as I should have yet

that aside im recently atheist... so my view is unless science has an agreement with it then I dont bother with it cause to me the rest is just stories handed down from person to person, I want proof things are real... to a believable point. And whats what makes the mayans so interesting... science tends to agree with their prediction... so who knows

I sit here and tell myself all this stuff sounds way to whack and crazy and that 2013 will roll around and nothing will have happened...
science is agreeing with it. thats why i find this all so interesting

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
depends to what extent... only thing im familiar with is the fact that we line up with the sun and centre of the galaxy in 2012...

as for obama being the black president = anti christ or some ****... i dont buy it, or global warming... yeah its probably happening according thanks to us according to most scientists but i dont think THAT would end the world... duno what else there is

all the wars etc... eh nah

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
science is agreeing with it. thats why i find this all so interesting

Alright but it is science agreeing that it will happen on December 21st 2012? As far as I knew all science has said is that we know that the poles shifting is scientifically plausible; that is could occur some time in the future which they say is in the "near future" but I believe this is on a time scale relative to other cosmic events; and they agree that the Mayan calendar ended on that date; and that likely the Mayan calendar ended on that date because of the alignment of the Sun and galactic center.

Has there been other facts that science has confirmed?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
depends to what extent... only thing im familiar with is the fact that we line up with the sun and centre of the galaxy in 2012...

as for obama being the black president = anti christ or some ****... i dont buy it, or global warming... yeah its probably happening according thanks to us according to most scientists but i dont think THAT would end the world... duno what else there is

all the wars etc... eh nah

-the magentic poles possibly switching
-the mega volcano
-the red blood color oceans & rivers
-the wars
and other stuff, but I dont remember. Hell they are even saying the earth possibly has 2 cores now
-massive earthquakes

the scientist went on to say that it is becoming more and more possible and they can see some of these happening soon. the red colors are very possible because red tide is rapidly becoming more common. the volcano is becoming more and more possible because the guysers are becoming more active. the massive earth quakes can happen anytime because they are of increasing magnitude each time

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
science agrees we will align on dec 21, 2012... and from a few youtube videos from history channel etc ive seen... geologists say if polar shifts do happen they could in fact happen in a matter of hours or days... no matter how slow it is... we're all doomed!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If you look at anything long enough you can make it say anything you want it to.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

No need to be blasphemous, or insulting to a religion.

Besides, I will find the end of the world an interesting time where many people will have to come to an understanding about God.

If you value sex so much....the world already ended for you as a man, because your nothing more than a rat looking to breed.

No hero, honorable man, or great person comes from that.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
haha ok calm down buddy

i wasnt being blasphemous or anything either so whatever :)

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that we are ripe for the coming of the apocalypse. There have been worse times, and humans have always been killing each other and pillaging others for thousands of years. Even wild Chimps do it, so we probably always have.

They thought this was happening in the Dark Ages when the plague was killing off people in waves and the fact that it got much colder in Europe during that period. It is called the Little Ice Age and it caused massive crop failures and the death of livestock.

They estimate 25% - 50% of Europe's population died during the black death. That would be like 75 - 150 million American lives if that happened today. And the Black Death didn't just kill people in Europe.

Taking into consideration the millions upon millions who died as a result of WWI and WWII, I would have been more inclined to believe the end would be imminent at past times than now. We are young enough that we can't even comprehend that scale of death and destruction.

Plus, the Earth is relatively quiet right now geologically speaking. Massive earthquakes like the one that caused the Sumatra tsunami are rare, and only 2 or 3 in the last 100 years were stronger. But even right now, the area under Yellowstone is undergoing an unusual swarm of earthquakes that started in December. Most people also don't realize that Northern Arizona is very geothermal just like Yellowstone and is dotted with 100's of cinder cones and a stratovolcano. The only reason that they don't have hot springs and geisers is because the water table is so low, but the bedrock is just as hot. Both areas have the potential for devastating volcanism.

The Mayan prediction signals a new cycle on their calendar and I'll admit I will be anxious when the time comes, more so than that lame Y2K "scare".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JudgementDay MMA 1
MMA 6
VolcomX311 MMA 1
VolcomX311 MMA 0