Random Thoughts on the top 10 sold at nutraplanet

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,

Didn't know where to post this, it seemed like here would be a good place.

So I was looking at nutraplanet trying to figure out what were the supps that were "hot" right now just to have an idea of what the market is out there.

So here's the list:
Top Sellers
1. Epistane (90 caps)
2. DiCreatine Malate (100 grams)
3. H-Drol (60 caps)
4. PEA (1 gram)
5. Jacked (45 servings)
6. Virile Mane (6 oz)
7. Muscle Milk (2.48 lb)
8. NO Xplode 2.7 lb (60 servings)
9. 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard (5 lb)
10. KWICK KARB (Waxy Maize Starch) (VALUE SIZE 3.3 lb)

And if you move down to like 12 and 13 or so it's M-Drol and M-1,4ADD.

And although I realize most (at least I'd like to think so) that utilize this forum know about the stuff they're running and about PCT and all, it still seems quite odd that the #1 seller in the website is a "pro-hormone", specially because many of those buyers probably didn't run any PCT at all.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not going against nutraplanet, nor the use of hormones, steroids or whatever, but anyone else fears that in the future we, the ones that use the products correctly, will end up taking the hit for those who used it carelessly (is this even a word? :think:)?

Thoughts?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
There will always be individuals whose actions ultimately punish those who are doing everything safely and properly. Firearms, Alcohol, Ephedra; those are only a few examples of the same scenario with different products at the center of the debate.

Just my two cents.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most proper PCT fall into grey market areas and therefor would not show up on nutraplanet.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I understand that, Jayhawk.

But if epistane is #1 seller means people are going for it without even covering the basics, wouldn't you say? How about some BCAA, Creatine, some Multi, Protein, etc.

And it's hard to believe that all those who purchased really used proper PCT and had a SERM at hand for instance.

Just something that worries me, people using the products in a way they shouldn't. Won't be long until we see some news about a 15 year old boy in Texas (randomizing with a big football state) who took Epistane thinking it was normal and had this or that and died and his mom going after designers, leaving us, the good users, again left with nothing, just like it happened with ephedra and so many others.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could be right but there are a lot of factors when looking at sales. I can agree with the general statement that more people use products without doing proper research and about policing ourselves before it's done for us but I believe it may be a stretch to use top ten sales at NP as a foretelling of disasterous events.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Most proper PCT fall into grey market areas and therefor would not show up on nutraplanet.
Agreed, however I think he was commenting on the number of uninformed that could be purchasing these supplements.

It would be one thing if some of the 'flamed' posters in the steriod section were an example of the most uninformed consumers out there but I'm sure that they are not. At least they have information available to them, whether they choose to use it or not.

Not everyone has AM (or the other boards) as a resource and therefore may have no knowledge of the potential side effects from the cessation those products, or worse, the prolonged use of those products.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You could be right but there are a lot of factors when looking at sales. I can agree with the general statement that more people use products without doing proper research and about policing ourselves before it's done for us but I believe it may be a stretch to use top ten sales at NP as a foretelling of disasterous events.
Another, 'popular' Bodybuilding supplement website's Top 10

• Optimum 100% Whey
• BSN NO-Xplode
• CytoSport Muscle Milk
• Universal Animal Pak
• BSN Syntha-6
• Website's Shaker Bottle
• Optimum 100% Casein Protein
• Nutrex Lipo 6
• MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore
• BSN CellMass

This seems to be more on par with the average joe supplement user.

Last edited:
bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm in no way saying whatever bad about nutraplanet, sorry if I made it seem like that way. It was just a reference point to how much of these products were being used rather than, lets say, proper nutrition, having your staples, good tranning.

That was the point I was trying to make, not flamming nutraplanet in anyway, or saying that those products should be banned, be ilegal, or anything in that sense.

Just a random worry that it may soon something will hit the good users because of some uninformed, rushy kid, who didn't even bother covering everything else he should've before.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But without numbers you really still can not make that statement. How much different are the sales between the number 1 and number 12 spots, for example? Are PH's bought moreso in mass quantity over the other supps in the lower sales area? To assume a large sale rate equals uninformed buyers doesn't seem to hold much water. That would mean that by that rationalization that if the top seller was protein they would also be bought by uninformed consumers risking the legality of protein in the future. After all, large doses of protein has a lot of sides associated with it as well. Products don't have to kill people in order to be closly scrutinized or regulated.

I know what I posted is a stretch but it's to provide a point.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't feel you were attacking NP in any way. Just making an observation based off of sales.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
That eases my worries a big amount, Silentbob.

At least that kinda makes it seem that epistane is a top seller because so many people who use anabolicminds have an idea what they're doing, have at least done research, and know what they're dealing with. And hence the top seller. So it's not a "general trend" which was my top worry, that a lot of people would've be using stuff like that as if it was just like taking BCAA.

And true, Jayhawk. I understand what you're saying as well. Didn't think about that side of math and stuff before but it makes a lot of sense.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of people who follow this board have a good idea and very good support here on AM on how to run epistane, also part of the reason why its at the top is its feedback here and the attractive price, just wait a while and you'll see havoc in the top 10 if that price holds. its possible some folks are stocking up on these items too.
As for the essentials not making the top 10, most of them can be bought in bulk and you dont buy it as often, PCT items a very gray area like Jay pointed out.
my 2cents

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,

So I was looking at nutraplanet trying to figure out what were the supps that were "hot" right now just to have an idea of what the market is out there.

So here's the list:
Top Sellers
1. Epistane (90 caps)
3. H-Drol (60 caps)
4. PEA (1 gram)
5. Jacked (45 servings)
6. Virile Mane (6 oz)
7. Muscle Milk (2.48 lb)

And although I realize most (at least I'd like to think so) that utilize this forum know about the stuff they're running and about PCT and all, it still seems quite odd that the #1 seller in the website is a "pro-hormone", specially because many of those buyers probably didn't run any PCT at all.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not going against nutraplanet, nor the use of hormones, steroids or whatever, but anyone else fears that in the future we, the ones that use the products correctly, will end up taking the hit for those who used it carelessly (is this even a word? :think:)?

Thoughts?

Who cares what the Top 10 selling supps are.....
It makes no difference to me.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,

So here's the list:
Top Sellers
1. Epistane (90 caps)
3. H-Drol (60 caps)
4. PEA (1 gram)
5. Jacked (45 servings)
6. Virile Mane (6 oz)
7. Muscle Milk (2.48 lb)

Thoughts?
how do you access that list? I only see the top 10 best sellers

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have always been curious how are the best sellers on NP calculated? Best selling for the month, the week, of all time?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I have always been curious how are the best sellers on NP calculated? Best selling for the month, the week, of all time?
Exactly. Are the top sellers based on that day? Week? Month? Are they based on orders? Unit sales? Sales dollars? yadda yadda.

To the OP....looking at one supplement website and noticing their top 10 products contains a PH/DH at the #1 spot is indicative of nearly nothing. There are too many unanswered assumptions. You have a sample size of one and that data point is smothered in assumptions which give you zero reliability in prediction (PH sales = user harm).

Furthermore, what if the #1 product is Epistane (on AM.com) and those same buyers are using "research" chem PCTs? Perhaps they're acquiring their PCT products elsewhere, for whatever reason? I can go on and on, but my point is you're correlation between AM.com sales and steroid harm or steroid anything is zero.

:thumbsup:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Top 100 Products

Roughly a weekly turnover; rolling list. The webmaster knows the exact details. Units sold.
thanks for posting that link, interesting to look at to see what others are buying.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Steveoph again.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for posting that link, interesting to look at to see what others are buying.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Steveoph again.
I'm still not 100% sure of which features of mine are extra on NP; however most of you should be able to navigate to that by just looking to the bottom of the top 10 list,

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I see that link now, but only when i access nutraplanet.com URL, more often than not I will click on the "store" link above to access NP which takes me to anabolicminds.com/store URL from this link i dont see the top 100 link! thanks again!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I see that link now, but only when i access nutraplanet.com URL, more often than not I will click on the "store" link above to access NP which takes me to anabolicminds.com/store URL from this link i dont see the top 100 link! thanks again!
FYI: The link works for me.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Here's what i see from my end (no link shown) also only from this location i see these watermarks over the items, anyone else see this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 0
Anabolics 11
Rush8780 Natural Bodybuilding 4
JW32Hoops General Chat 3
ryane87 Anabolics 4