It dosent feel like christmas

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Monday was my day off from the hospital, I was busy finishing up my christmas stuff, when my cell phone rings, my sister is hysterical , dad was rushed to the hospital, heart attack they think, I rush to meet the ambulance at the ER, and I find my dad in a bad way, can't breath, blue coloring, just a mess............ After much testing, they discover my dad has a faulty aortic valve and needs heart surgery ASAP.

My mom gets to the ER, to see a couple married for 45 years thinking they might lose each other is heart breaking, my dad is admitted to the CCU ( ICU) at a very good hospital known for being the best with heart issues............

Surgery is set for friday afternoon, chances are 50/50, he is in congestive heart failure, kidney's are acting up...........and it's christmas...............all i can say is are you kidding me?!

It dosent feel like christmas,:( and I dont want to be anywhere, I can't think at work, I cant think at home or the gym or anywhere..............UGGHHH!!!!!

I hate feeling so helpless................

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have ZERO family, so I try to vicariously reach out to others for the holiday spirit. I feel your pain during this time of happiness for so many others...

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear what happen to your dad, hang in there bro... you'll have better x-mas and hopefully your dad will be there too to share them with you!

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear what happened. I wish you the best!!

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
My thoughts go out to you and your family. I hope that your father recovers quickly and his health is better.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry to hear this. I have almost lost me dad a few times... it is emotionally upsetting, and you dont care no more about daily things. hang in there though, nothing you can do can change the operations outcome. And putting yourself through hell wont make the wait any better.

The best you can do is show your strength, and show your family love, and your father love. If you have a faith, then prayer is a way to go. And dont give into the doctors 50/50. Claim his recovery, claim it every moment until it happens, and post surgery he is kicking like a new man.

Best wishes, Merry Christmas. Never lose hope.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like you should post this again in the prayer thread.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry to hear this. I have almost lost me dad a few times... it is emotionally upsetting, and you dont care no more about daily things. hang in there though, nothing you can do can change the operations outcome. And putting yourself through hell wont make the wait any better.

The best you can do is show your strength, and show your family love, and your father love. If you have a faith, then prayer is a way to go. And dont give into the doctors 50/50. Claim his recovery, claim it every moment until it happens, and post surgery he is kicking like a new man.

Best wishes, Merry Christmas. Never lose hope.
I couldn't have said it better myself. TC, I'm so sorry that you andyour family are going through this and I pray that the surgery is a success and that his recovery is a breeze. Stay strong and know that we're all in your corner. Much love.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Healthiest thoughts and wishes go out to you and your family!

<<HEALING HUGZ!!>>

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
TG i hope things get better for you and your loved ones. Best wishes.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My Grandfather was in the hospital for Christmas this year. It was tough- he just keeps getting worse. Everything seems to be going wrong, and he's been there for almost 3 months. He just wants to go home, but he can't. I'm sorry that your father isn't doing well. I can only imagine how tough it is for your whole family.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
aww sorry to hear that toughchick... hope he gets better soon.
My mom was very sick and my dad had to go out on a business visit overseas, my sister couldn't make it .. so yea ... i didn't feel like it was christmas either... I just went to the beach with my two mates who also roll on their own....

I think being like that is the way to get around in life these days. you can have your friends but anything more (like a misses and family) just backfires.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Update:

No operation for a week or so, due to failing kidneys and to much fluid buildup, so dad comes home on O2, and with a visiting nurse...... on lasix, and everything else to make him get rid of the fluid...... They say in a week he will or should be ok to go back into the hospital and have the surgery but due to health insurance they wont pay for him to stay until his kidneys work right....which I get , it could be awhile, so we start this whole process again..........

I am very tired, and yes it could be worse but to me this feels bad, thanks for all the support, and encouragment!!!!

TC

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Update:

No operation for a week or so, due to failing kidneys and to much fluid buildup, so dad comes home on O2, and with a visiting nurse...... on lasix, and everything else to make him get rid of the fluid...... They say in a week he will or should be ok to go back into the hospital and have the surgery but due to health insurance they wont pay for him to stay until his kidneys work right....which I get , it could be awhile, so we start this whole process again..........

I am very tired, and yes it could be worse but to me this feels bad, thanks for all the support, and encouragment!!!!

TC
Hang in there, hon. Try to get some sleep! :)

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Don't post here much any more but read this and teared up a bit cause I lost 4 loved ones in 06. Praying for you, keep your head up God will make a way.