Work ethic

hard worker, lazy, or in the middle

• Total voters
lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Just curious. what is your professional work ethic like? are you lazy, hard working, or in-between? i am a firm believer that those who exercise and such, are mostly hard workers. be honest with this question. and i'm not not naive that i think your work ethic is solely dependent on if you WO or not.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I would say that I used to have a superior work ethic....now I find myself falling somewhere in the middle....without starting another topic, I honestly believe my decline is a product of working in a union shop.

holy

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I would say that I used to have a superior work ethic....now I find myself falling somewhere in the middle....without starting another topic, I honestly believe my decline is a product of working in a union shop.

holy
worked in a union shop before, know exeactly what your talking about. just enough to get the job done and look busy. not saying that's you, but most (not all) in unions work like that, kind of like the road repair people too...

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I am very much in the middle. I work hard enough to do well, but don't kill myself. I'm on AM way too much at work.....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work too hard actually, it is a product of having that smacked into me as a kid. :)

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
I'm also on AM way too much at work.....I am a vary hard worker and I take pride in my work but I like to bust A$$ at 100 miles an hour then take a long brake to eat. i am at work now:thumbsup:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
My "real" job doesn't require much of me except that I be alert. (Security Guard, 2nd shift building is closed most of the time I'm there)

But I bust my a$$ running my small company. Trying to grow it to the point that I can live from the income from it.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Having been raised by children of the Great Depression (and old-skool southern values) I came up with a hard-nosed, hard-driving work ethic; I've been working since I was 14 (25¢ an hour running the front-end of a car wash), and unfortunately have learned that hard work frequently matters less than personal connections; consequently, I no longer put forth maximal effort when I know the return will be minimal.

I hate that. Fortunately, I have plenty of work of my own which rewards me fully - I can & do throw myself into that work with abandon, knowing the payoff is all mine.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This depends.

I can easily do more than the average worker, but I make sure my results are at least average and sometimes more to look good in front of management.

I get paid the same regardless of the results I produce, therefor I give them their money's worth, nothing more, nothing less.

For work I love, I'll put 100% every time, unfortunately, I'm almost never doing work I love.....:lol:

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
worked in a union shop before, know exeactly what your talking about. just enough to get the job done and look busy. not saying that's you, but most (not all) in unions work like that, kind of like the road repair people too...
Man, its so bad where Im at that we dont even pretend to be busy....I do go above and beyond when I do any work, but I find myself being less and less proactive and waiting until I HAVE to work before I do any.

holy

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
When I first started my job I loved it and went out and worked my rear off. Our govenor has tried to screw us big time on our last 2 contracts and we have currently been working without a contract since May of last year. I am extremly bitter and will give them only what is asked of me.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I work to hard, being type A and high strung, I can't help myself!!!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I would classify my work ethic as efficient. I do enough to get where I want to be.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I am a very hard worker when interested in something, but as a college student I am not into the any career field that excites me. I do put good work into my studies, but not as much as some.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I try to work hard but that sometimes doesn't happen.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If I didn't need money, I wouldn't work.

I therefore work my arse off in unhospitable parts of the world to earn maximum money in the shortest period of time, then 'retire' until funds are required again.

Currently I am working approximately 5 months of the year.

Therefore in principle I am a lazy cnut.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In other occupations, I ranged variably from lazy to hard worker, depending on the task at hand. With USP Labs being a full-time career choice, I am doing something I was formerly doing for free [honestly] so 100% effort is self-imposed obligatory.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I work hard for something im passionate about, something that i can get moto about... Doing mindless jobs that i hate.. you bet ur ass im on AM alot.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I work hard for something im passionate about, something that i can get moto about... Doing mindless jobs that i hate.. you bet ur ass im on AM alot.
lol well said.

I only work hard if I like the job I'm doing or getting paid more for a certain job. I'm lazy when it comes to doing mindless jobs.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The military keeps me workin hard..lol

Iceman1800

Awards
I work in a union shop and I work hard. Guess its called pride in my work ethic.