Happy Chanukah

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the advise of Heat Miser, here is wishing everyone a happy and healthy Hanukah. This year, teh celebration will begin at Sunset on 12/21.

Additionally, a happy holidays to everyone here at am

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well since Hanukah is half way completed, and it seems I might be the only one here who is celebrating it, I will also add it to my post in the merry christmas thread, as a happy holiday to all

:)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Hanukah! I'm ashamed to admit it but i know very little of this celebration.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just for information I will use wiki (which I am not a huge fan of:

also known as the Festival of Lights, is an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt of the 2nd century BCE. Hanukkah is observed for eight nights, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, and may occur from late November to late December on the Gregorian calendar.

The festival is observed by the kindling of the lights of a special candelabrum, the nine-branched Menorah or Hanukiah, one light on each night of the holiday, progressing to eight on the final night. An extra light called a shamash (Hebrew: "guard" or "servant") is also lit each night, and is given a distinct location, usually higher or lower than the others. The purpose of the extra light is to adhere to the prohibition, specified in the Talmud (Tracate Shabbat 21b–23a), against using the Hanukkah lights for anything other than publicizing and meditating on the Hanukkah story. (The shamash is used to light the other lights.) As such, if one were to read from the lights—something prohibited—then it's not clear whether the light one's reading from was from the Hanukkah lights or the shamash light. So the shamash acts as a safeguard from accidental transgression

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it's like a 7 day Christmas?
not really. more like 8 days :rofl:

in reality, it has only truly become more commercialized over the years in the same respect that christmas has.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xR1pp3Rx Apex Alchemy 3
General Chat 4
Anabolics 49
PhantomReaper Anabolics 2
xR1pp3Rx Apex Alchemy 11