Which car!!!!!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Guys!!! I need some help. I'm still looking for a car, undecided.. I had some models in mind

Lexus IS 250
Acura TL
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Special ed.
Subaru WRX STI
Toyota Avalon

I know these are quite different in many ways.. But I just need something to replace my toyota echo 2000 that I kinda am tired of. As soon as there's wind you almost end up in the ditch. lol. So I'm there looking in the classifieds for a 1 yr old car, around 15-20k k. since you save tons just by buying used.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
2001 BMW M5

from your list:

Subaru WRX STI

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
My sti is for sale if you're willing to travel to MN or have it delivered.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
By far, the most comfortable and luxurious car on your list - is the Toyota Avalon. If you want luxury, that's your only good choice.. Next up would be the Acura TL. It's a mid-sized luxury sports car - so it's fairly luxurious and fun to drive. The Lexus IS250 is pretty luxurious for a small car. I'm not very fond of Mitsubishi or Subaru - though the STi would be the fastest car on your list.

It really has to depend on what you want the car for. If you're driving around lots of friends and/or you want your passengers to be comfortable, go Avalon. If the car is mainly for you and you want something fun to drive, you have plenty of choices..

Noting the years would be helpful...

Guys!!! I need some help. I'm still looking for a car, undecided.. I had some models in mind

Lexus IS 250
Acura TL
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Special ed.
Subaru WRX STI
Toyota Avalon

I know these are quite different in many ways.. But I just need something to replace my toyota echo 2000 that I kinda am tired of. As soon as there's wind you almost end up in the ditch. lol. So I'm there looking in the classifieds for a 1 yr old car, around 15-20k k. since you save tons just by buying used.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on what you're after. I have an 06 ISS350 and absolutely LOVE it!! Also depends where you live, if you have to worry about snow than I would do the IS (unless you get AWD). The Suby is a fun car, but basically like riding in a bin-liner as far as luxury goes. A big no on the Eclipse and Avalon. I do like TL's, pretty decent. I would say go for the lexus though, beautiful car (if money's not a huge deal, apt for the 350, hehe.. muuuuch faster)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, snow is quite frequent here...
If it's the Lexus it'll be just the 250. I have a house I'd like to buy in the near future, and I'm collecting money, working overtime etc.. to get some more. I can easily afford a 30-35k car, and those are all affordable choices I was interested in.

Thanks for the help thus far. I know my uncle has an Avalon, maybe I'd try to bargain an interest free deal :)

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Go for the IS 250 AWD, you wont be dissapointed.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
with the economy and gas WILL go UP again (you can count on it) look at the stats that are published on overall economy/annual cost on each model and make a 'mature' choice vs. what you feel in your balls.

And this is not meant in any way to be a flame or slam.

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
Acura TL homie... My buddy Rich has one and its f***kin PIMP!! and fast too!
we miss u at the shop man lol
I also just bought a new whip -- 2007 Jeep Wrangler (fully loaded)!!
new cars are the ****, whatever you buy youre gonna love!

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
TL...i have an 04 i bought last year with 25k miles on it... I love that friggin car. Looks good, decent mpg, interior is really nice IMO, and fun to drive.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Acura TL homie... My buddy Rich has one and its f***kin PIMP!! and fast too!
we miss u at the shop man lol
I also just bought a new whip -- 2007 Jeep Wrangler (fully loaded)!!
new cars are the ****, whatever you buy youre gonna love!
Haha!! I stopped by yesterday. The girl is keeping me busy ;)

Nice!! I'd love a Jeep too!

When are u there?

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
sunday, me and drew are there all day. its exams so my shifts are pretty erratic

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
lol I will be at the ski camp sunday. I'll stop by if it's not closed..

I have some more ICE too :)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I bought it!!! I finally narrowed down to an 03 Infinity I35 :D

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think I'll redo the suspension anyways. It should help a bit..

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
Congrats man! Good news about the ICE ill definately grab it from you