FLEX Magazine...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So over the last week or so a lot has been said about MT and it's ridiculous amount of advertisements that would make some consumers' monthly subscriptions a little lighter to carry to their couches. The other day I took the time to actually count the amount of pages dedicated MT in the latest issue of FLEX Magazine...

These numbers aren't exact, but I know the MT # for a fact. Keep in mind I included all of their sister companies as well...

LG - 5 pages total (The "Don't be a pussy" one was priceless!)

USP - 5-6 pages

AI - Only recall 2 pages, there could have been more, but HANK WAS IN ONE OF THE ADS!!!

MT - 65 pages!!! Including sister companies. WTF!!!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
So over the last week or so a lot has been said about MT and it's ridiculous amount of advertisements that would make some consumers' monthly subscriptions a little lighter to carry to their couches. The other day I took the time to actually count the amount of pages dedicated MT in the latest issue of FLEX Magazine...

These numbers aren't exact, but I know the MT # for a fact. Keep in mind I included all of their sister companies as well...

USP - 5-6 pages

AI - Only recall 2 pages, there could have been more, but HANK WAS IN ONE OF THE ADS!!!

Very interesting. Thanks for tallying.

That is just ridiculous. I don't ever buy those magazines. Too much advertising CRAP jammed in there and the weightlifting articles were junk.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
tell LG and USP to spend 10X as much for ad space

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established

USP - 5-6 pages

i haven't checked, but it's AX that is using my photo for their ads in all the mags they advertise in.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i haven't checked, but it's AX that is using my photo for their ads in all the mags they advertise in.
Yeah that's right. I was like... "Hey that guy is on AM!" HAHA. The thing that LG and USP have on MT is quality. The funny thing I heard though, is that MT also owns a bunch of pharmacy grade OTC drugs/brands as well which include, Sleep MD, Cold MD, and a bunch of those random drugs at wal-m*rt etc... They are speculated to own so much that you have probably bought an MT product and didn't even know it.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
It comes in cycles...right now its Muscle Tech...before that it was Met Rx...before that it was EAS....there will always be a supplement company that is overhyped...the consumer demands it...

holy

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I actually did a paper on this for an advertising class and found Muscular Development to be the most advertised in with something like 70% of the magazine being advertisements.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established

That is just ridiculous. I don't ever buy those magazines. Too much advertising CRAP jammed in there and the weightlifting articles were junk.
Agreed. I'm not gonna buy a magazine that's filled with ads and those ads being mostly MT.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established

I picked up a copy of Muscular Development the other day and thought the same thing. I had to search for the actual articles among the slew of ads. Annoying. Is there a decent magazine out there?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I picked up a copy of Muscular Development the other day and thought the same thing. I had to search for the actual articles among the slew of ads. Annoying. Is there a decent magazine out there?
Has anyone else noticed that MD also reprints the same articles? I've also found two of the same articles in separate sections of the same issue.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Well go a step further and count how many pages of pure advertisements there are in Flex vs any articles in there. I used to have a subt o Flex but I soon found the articles to be getting contradictory and every year coming up with the latest fad. I soon found myself only cutting out ads like Universal Nutrition and use them to hang up on the wall just for inspiration purposes. I use convesations on the internet now for my learning in part. I find it hard to go through any magazines anymore.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I actually did a paper on this for an advertising class and found Muscular Development to be the most advertised in with something like 70% of the magazine being advertisements.
that explains why their magazine is over 500 pages!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i just picked up a copy of MD in the march edition and i find this magazine to be really good, i really like reading about all the braking news on supplements they print, but the magazine does get blurry between real articles and ads.
I wouldn't mind subscribing to it but at $50 for annual subscription is too much.