Tattoo Help?

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Just got a new tat on the ball of my shoulder, above my upper arm. and it healed very quickly, in less than 3 days... scabbing and peeling right now.

Just wondering if thats weird? my last on on my back took at least a week to heal and scab over. It is considerably bigger than the new one, and i have been cleaning and moisturizing the new one alot, just curious. is all, and advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on how much ink you got....Ive had some of my more intricate tats heal very quickly because it was basically just outlines with lots of detail...I have one that goes from my elbow all the way down to my wrist that is huge and took a great deal of ink to make the pattern complete...it took considerably longer...

holy

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
yeah it only took an hour, mostly shading... just being paranoid i guess.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm no expert, but I do have 4 and you sound fine to me. How deep they put the ink can make a dif in how it heals as well.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I recently got my sleeve finished. Healed in less than 5 days. Must be that high protein intake ;) If you think that your skin cells regenerate rather quickly, it's not that strange

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
They never have before. but now since i have been taking A LOT better care of my body.. seems to be healing very fast.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Shading always heals quickly, the outlines takes a bit longer. Anything solid tribal will take longer to heal also.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert, but I do have 4 and you sound fine to me. How deep they put the ink can make a dif in how it heals as well.
Exactly...I just got a rather large piece spanning across the top of my back, with alot of blue in it. The artist told me that she usually has to work the blue into the skin really hard in order to get the skin to take it (I was bleeding like HELL). This tattoo definetely took the longest to heal out of all of mine (9). So it does depend on size, and the color. All of my black work heals very quickly...while the blue in this last tatoo took about 3 days to start to peel, then another 3 days to peel completely, then another week or so of constant moisturizing for it to look good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeSumthin General Chat 19
MadStax Anabolics 5
Anabolics 32
EasyEJL General Chat 13
hamper19 General Chat 16