criticism at workplace for diet

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
anyone else get deeply criticized by some tossers at their work?

I do. I get criticized by family too but that's a different issue.

At work , i'm basically eating ...

meal 2: 200g Tuna from Tin and almonds
meal 3: chicken breast and almonds
meal 4: chicken breast and walnuts and sometimes salad

some critics here say crap like "that's not a fat loss diet, that's a glutton diet, you do that and you'll gain" amongst a lot of other non-sense.

and another dude seeing what I eat noticed that i'm not eating any red meat such as pork. He goes "are u muslim?"...
Felt like saying "no moron, i'm doing a f**** diet which doesn't involve pork"

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

some critics here say crap like "that's not a fat loss diet, that's a glutton diet, you do that and you'll gain" amongst a lot of other non-sense.

and another dude seeing what I eat noticed that i'm not eating any red meat such as pork. He goes "are u muslim?"...
You should have said something like "Do you see me blowing myself up in the middle of the office?"

tattoopierced1

I get made fun of at work alot for my eating habits and grocery bags of food I bring in.. what do I do? when someone says something, I look at them, flex the bicep and walk off.. actions speak louder than words and most of the people I work with are tubby bastards.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I usually give them a sarcastic glancing over and then "Why don't you stick with what you're doing and I'll take my chances with my plan."

dommer

Banned
Awards

dude i thought pork is the other white meat not red

every one thinks im odd cause i eat alot threw out the day but thats it

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established

Most of the people that say stuff like that to me are either fat w/ no muscle or little skinny people w/ no muscle.

I just look at them and say "I care about my body and health"

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
yeah, people look at me crazy-like at work when i bring in my bag full of three meals, which look something like right now:

1. a container of beans/corn/onions/peppers/tomato/chicken tenderloins topped with walnuts.
2. a sport bottle of protein powder/pure cocoa powder/walnuts/milled flax
3. a container of salmon, egg omelet and spinach
4. a bag full of celery and carrots to snack on at meals

And what's the guy I relieve eatin'? A hot pocket.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
And to the OP, you may wanna consider completing that walnut/almond protein with some legumes or seeds.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
And to the OP, you may wanna consider completing that walnut/almond protein with some legumes or seeds.

yea thnx man. Ima include some of those and try to have the salad as much as possible too for vitamins.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I get made fun of at work alot for my eating habits and grocery bags of food I bring in.. what do I do? when someone says something, I look at them, flex the bicep and walk off.. actions speak louder than words and most of the people I work with are tubby bastards.

haha. you're right..
i'm thinking similar now.. i hope i can get down to about 8 - 9% bodyfat 6 weeks from now. There's australia day river bbq for work where these tubbies bring their families. That way I can have revenge on them by showing their wives what abs really look like.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
dude i thought pork is the other white meat not red

every one thinks im odd cause i eat alot threw out the day but thats it

i always thought it was red. Either way, it's quite high on saturated fat which i'm trying to minimize.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, people talk sh!t to me daily about my diet. Funny thing is they are drinking a Mountain Dew and eating a doughnut while talking about MY diet.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
There is nothing more disgusting to me than a fat chick eating a candybar and drinking soda.

I just want to tell her "Thats how you got fat."

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
mmmmmm

I don't know what type of people you guys are working with, but I never get that...well, I never get it from people to my face.

I always get this "hey, teach me how to eat like that" or "damn, I wish i had the patience to eat that way"

or...when i occasionally eat a slice of pizza, they all look at me like...."is he really going to eat that"...lol, I love that look....

Everybody that I work with are pretty much cool with what i eat...I even got a pot going, for 250 bucks. Whoever loses the most weight (im not in this) will win the 250 bucks. I have about 36 people participating in it.

The way you handle things goes a long way, personality speaks more volume than words.

j4ever

Awards
i dont get any criticism i just get asked all the time " how do you eat so much and not get fat " my reply is, it depends on what you eat,most of the time they order pizza,taco bell or burgers.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They used to make a big deal because for a year I only brought in raw ground beef to eat with a spoon, raw sliced beef liver, raw chicken thighs, etc.......while people brought in ham sandwiches, etc...

I just told em to mind their own business and they did....I f**king hate people, always asking questions and starring.....I would like people a lot better if they didn't have any tongues or eyes.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get the opposite from people around me usually. They tel me they don't have the willpower and admire me for what I accomplish. I have some who tease and make fun of me If I pass something up to stay on diet. But I don't diet all year round so, I get my time to eat too.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The response, "Shut up, you're fat." works for pretty much everything.

Them: Why do you eat so healthy?
Me: Shut up, you're fat.

Them: You need to learn to live a little!

Them: You're hot. I want your body.

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I spend 24 hours at the firehouse with the "boys". Of nearly 70 guys I am the only one that eats like "us". Nobody really understands it, nor do they care to. I always hear the comment " Is it feeding time again"
At home my girl thinks I am crazy and hates it cause I hardly ever eat what she eats.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spend 24 hours at the firehouse with the "boys". Of nearly 70 guys I am the only one that eats like "us". Nobody really understands it, nor do they care to. I always hear the comment " Is it feeding time again"
At home my girl thinks I am crazy and hates it cause I hardly ever eat what she eats.
My bro is a firefighter, but most of the guys he works with understand me at least somewhat. They always try to get me to drink with them and I rarely ever do anymore. I'm sure they would give me a harder time if I worked at the station, but I don't.

Some of them actually call me up for supplement and diet advice occasionaly...I don't think any of them will ever give up their beer, though.

dommer

Banned
Awards
mmmmmm

I don't know what type of people you guys are working with, but I never get that...well, I never get it from people to my face.

I always get this "hey, teach me how to eat like that" or "damn, I wish i had the patience to eat that way"

or...when i occasionally eat a slice of pizza, they all look at me like...."is he really going to eat that"...lol, I love that look....

Everybody that I work with are pretty much cool with what i eat...I even got a pot going, for 250 bucks. Whoever loses the most weight (im not in this) will win the 250 bucks. I have about 36 people participating in it.

The way you handle things goes a long way, personality speaks more volume than words.
we did one of those at my work rite when i was getting ready to cut 12 peopl $50 a person i took home $700 for winning by dropping from 200 to 178lbs in 10 weeks

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
My job is pretty good, i work at a call center and i just eat little things at my desk and my big meals on my lunch/ 15 min breaks. I have even gotten a few people, including the site GM to start a cut.. now to get them in the gym...

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yup get it all the time...the infamous "your eating again" line...they eventually get over it, atleast thats been my experience