Panic Attack or Vasovagal Reaction - AnabolicMinds.com

Panic Attack or Vasovagal Reaction

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Panic Attack or Vasovagal Reaction

ok so i have his ridiculous fear of public speaking. there are some things i feel when i do it and this is what they are :

light headed
    Crazy heartbeat, like it pumps out of my chest
    dizzy
    sweaty
    legs shake to the point i can barley stand
    Cant read
    Fumble my words
    feel like i blacked out, and cant remember
    sweaty palms
    hands shake
    face goes pale
    fingers get cold
    smiling becomes very hard for some reason, like the muscles in my face dont seem to work.
    trembling in my voice
    confusion
    feel like im going to pass out

now these things will last for about 20 minutes after i do any speaking in front of a group.

i have Xanax, not presribed to me, but my grandma, she gave them to me, i have a presentation to do tomorrow and if i dont speak i will fail the course (its not a public speaking class) and i didnt do my last presentation (didnt speak at all) and ive explained this to the teacher, obviously doesnt care, she a ***** anyway, but thats a different story in itself

what should i do how do i go about this and can some one help.....

2. Professional Member
    Answers

Mental power man. There are no drugs that will help. It's all about the power of the mind.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Mental power man. There are no drugs that will help. It's all about the power of the mind.

i hear ya, but dude i dont even remember if i speak or not, things just go blank when im up there

its mad ****ed up
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Answers

My best advice, what I do, is first and foremost control your breathing, and take your time, dont rush anything. Everything else will fall into line after that.

You have to deliver the speech like your in charge. Your telling your audience, not asking. Make eye contact with as many people as possible, invariably they will avert their gaze before you do, kind of like how you train a dog, lock eyes till they look away. To become the alpha male you must act like one.

Hope this helps.
  5. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i hear ya, but dude i dont even remember if i speak or not, things just go blank when im up there

its mad ****ed up
    ?
    If things go blank then what's the problem?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    My best advice, what I do, is first and foremost control your breathing, and take your time, dont rush anything. Everything else will fall into line after that.

You have to deliver the speech like your in charge. Your telling your audience, not asking. Make eye contact with as many people as possible, invariably they will avert their gaze before you do, kind of like how you train a dog, lock eyes till they look away. To become the alpha male you must act like one.

Hope this helps.
    that is true, the other way is to become comfortable with the crowd you are speaking to, if alittle comic relief is acceptable, that might be a choice it can help to break the ice and let you relax.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    ?
    If things go blank then what's the problem?
    i bug out and just wanna drop my **** and leave, my brain goes blank.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post

Hope this helps.

yea i tryed it, like last time i did it, i had everything i wanted to say, and i knew almost everyone in my class when i did it and i still bugged face. and all that **** happened.

it never used to be this bad, i had a horrible experience in a public speaking class
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kurruptive View Post
    that is true, the other way is to become comfortable with the crowd you are speaking to, if alittle comic relief is acceptable, that might be a choice it can help to break the ice and let you relax.

i think thats the problem, im not a very confident person nor do i feel like i can be comfortable with people who i do not know

i wish i was more confident in myself it would proably make things a lot easier but im not.

i shouldnt care what other people think but i do, and thats the hardest thing to overcome.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

even talking bout it now, and thinking bout it my heart is racing and my chest is getting right, and have a tiny lump in my throat.
  11. Professional Member
    Answers

Will any of the people you're going to be speaking to have any important or significant influence on your future? No. So **** them and what they think.

When I first had to begin speaking in public a lot I never made eye contact. I panned around the room a lot, but no eye contact. That helped a bit, but so did not giving a **** what the audience thought of me.
  12. Professional Member
    Answers

Its just anxiety. Its one of peoples biggest fears. I have/had it. I had a great Com103 teach (speech) and she helped me a ton. You just have to have confidence and know what your saying right. I did a Powepoint presentation on IGF-1 and GH it went well.

On another note, i have Hyper Active Vaso-vago syncopy(sp?) I pass out form needles unless im the one with it in my hands. i had 15, 2/16" deep shot in my back, passed out 4 minutes later.

4 shot novicane in my mouth for dentist, passed out minutes later. Although, it just recentyl started, but that another thread.

Goodluck and its easy business, right before you go to talk just tell yourself this " these people suck and wont know a word i say, im the man and they already know it"
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.
    Answers

Hey man - you got some good advice already. I'd take a xanax - and concentrate on relaxed breathing. I'm sure you'll do well - it's always worse in your own mind. Good luck dude! You'll rock.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

thanks guys for everything...

one last thing,

you think i can take a xanax before it to calm my nerves..??
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Its just anxiety. Its one of peoples biggest fears. I have/had it. I had a great Com103 teach (speech) and she helped me a ton. You just have to have confidence and know what your saying right. I did a Powepoint presentation on IGF-1 and GH it went well.

On another note, i have Hyper Active Vaso-vago syncopy(sp?) I pass out form needles unless im the one with it in my hands. i had 15, 2/16" deep shot in my back, passed out 4 minutes later.

4 shot novicane in my mouth for dentist, passed out minutes later. Although, it just recentyl started, but that another thread.

Goodluck and its easy business, right before you go to talk just tell yourself this " these people suck and wont know a word i say, im the man and they already know it"
    that last bit is what i would have also said, but really if you think your the best person in the room and act like a real cocky basted while doing your lines, the energy flows from you, and people can definately feel that.

i wish you all the best, sometimes being the class clown in high school has it's benefits
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by leanbody View Post
    Hey man - you got some good advice already. I'd take a xanax - and concentrate on relaxed breathing. I'm sure you'll do well - it's always worse in your own mind. Good luck dude! You'll rock.

thank man,

i have the generic football lookin pills i think .5 mg im not sure

how many should i take i only have 2, and when should i take them my presentation is at 11 30 tomorrow morning

and to make things worse, they dont even have a black board so i cant write on the board.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Dude..

I think this might help you...

Obviously you're uncomfortable with yourself and how you will behave in front of these people. Ok, man, do NOT project your own self-doubt onto the faces and opinions of your peers. Realize that it is not your peers that are judging you, but you yourfreakingself doing so and projecting it onto the people around you.

As long as you're happy with what you're doing and saying, and how your presenting all your information, it should go fine. Focus on how you feel about your performance in the presentation, making every effort to be pleased with yourself during every second of it.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

ok guys

too 1mg xanax made it through NOproblem

thanks for all the help
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206.5 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i think thats the problem, im not a very confident person nor do i feel like i can be comfortable with people who i do not know

i wish i was more confident in myself it would proably make things a lot easier but im not.

i shouldnt care what other people think but i do, and thats the hardest thing to overcome.
    Go to toastmasters!

It is a group focuses just on public speaking and there are people that join for the same reason; they are afraid of it.

Sadly it's one of those things you just have to do to get better at.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HCG& Panic Attacks
    By dead800 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
  2. panic attack after injection what happened
    By dargerak1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 08:32 PM
  3. Prengyl HCG panic attacks and E2
    By ItsHectic in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine