Post-election economy?

  1. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Post-election economy?


    What is the general consensus on the economy post election?

    I say steep fall no matter who gets in.

  2. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I don't see the economy as bad at all, I'm making more money now than I did 1 year ago
  3. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I don't see the economy as bad at all, I'm making more money now than I did 1 year ago
    Well what i am referring to is after slow and steady gains on the DOW and TSX what do you think will happen after the election is over?

    I think after either candidate gets in it will go down, and keep going down as the market confidence will lower when more changes are made or when investors take their money out due to new conditions.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Well what i am referring to is after slow and steady gains on the DOW and TSX what do you think will happen after the election is over?

    I think after either candidate gets in it will go down, and keep going down as the market confidence will lower when more changes are made or when investors take their money out due to new conditions.
    Bro, I'm not your average American, the economy doesn't mean jack sh*t to me, I'm making more money every year and will continue doing so, for 21 having made $25,000+ after tax, I really don't give a sh*t about the economy.

    It can be bad and everyone can complain about how bad the economy is and I'll still make the same, if not more, I'm very resourceful, If I need money, I'll make it happen.

    For me, things are just gonna get better, for everyone else, who knows......probably worse, a lot of the fault, actually the majority, is because of the average American, they're f**king it up for themselves.
  5. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Bro, I'm not your average American, the economy doesn't mean jack sh*t to me, I'm making more money every year and will continue doing so, for 21 having made $25,000+ after tax, I really don't give a sh*t about the economy.

    It can be bad and everyone can complain about how bad the economy is and I'll still make the same, if not more, I'm very resourceful, If I need money, I'll make it happen.

    For me, things are just gonna get better, for everyone else, who knows......probably worse, a lot of the fault, actually the majority, is because of the average American, they're f**king it up for themselves.

    ah, why America is slowly falling......


    Anyhow, I think the economy will SUCK for awhile as whoever gets in starts to fiddle around. but with proper work, It should start to do a "permanent" rebuild for about 40 years.

    Gas prices will go back up for sure.... I am paying 1.90's for gas atm.

    I just think we should have a revolution, and clean out the garbage and people who cant function as a part of an interdependent community, and restart.
  6. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    ah, why America is slowly falling......
    Why is that commie?
  7. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The worst is still ahead. Energy, defense, oil and several other large industries will fall tomorrow if Obama seals it up. I don't think we'll see the bottom of the bucket until maybe July of next year. August, maybe.
  8. Palo Alto Labs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    1125
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    20.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Gun and ammo sales are about to increase. If you are in the market for either, buy now bc demand is about to go way up.

    Gas prices will probably rise in the next 2 weeks... they always drop during the month of an election
  9. Senior Member
    Nabisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    684
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    26.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    The market is going to bounce around for at least another 9-12 months before stabilizing.

    There is still a large amount of insecurity among the US, the housing market is still it the toilet, and the economy has yet to find bottom.
  10. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    reagrdless of who won, the economy is still going to be a roller coaster for the next few months.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Why is that commie?

    no more fascist than anything...
  12. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    The worst is still ahead. Energy, defense, oil and several other large industries will fall tomorrow if Obama seals it up. I don't think we'll see the bottom of the bucket until maybe July of next year. August, maybe.
    Im thinkin now is an excellent time to invest in GOLD, the dollar will be further inflated. Since none of the 700B bail-out money went to people and nothing was accomplished besides bank ceo bonuses, another bailout is being proposed for another 500B to actually help this time and im sure it wont be dropped on congress with talks of martial law and before a holiday. The dollar will be so over inflated and unpopular among international buyers there may also be a new currency.

    So if you have american dollars dump them into gold or risk them being worthless. Let me see if i can dig up a vid or article for this point.

    Obama supports giving 1B to isreal, recognises iran as a threat (war possibly) and keep bases in the middle east i dont see how this economic problem can be fixed.
  13. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    The market is going to bounce around for at least another 9-12 months before stabilizing.

    There is still a large amount of insecurity among the US, the housing market is still it the toilet, and the economy has yet to find bottom.
    Some analysts are saying 4-10 years before or at bottom.
    The Fed reserve has to go and so does the IRS and homeland security, what a waste of money.
  14. New Member
    j4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    172
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    27.82%

    i say economy will start to come back around mid year next year i also think gas prices will remain about where they are now maybe a little lower for several months.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Down Economy= Less money for food
    By lamboruns in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
  2. Election Day Scenarios
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
  3. This is how the election will be decided
    By Jayhawkk in forum Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 02:02 PM
  4. Stimulating the US Economy
    By shaddow in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:19 AM
  5. 2008 Election
    By AE14 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in