1080P Plasma T.V. & Video Games (Video Card)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Well, I ordered my new setup: A Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ85U 42" 1080P Plasma T.V. and Sony BDP-S350 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player! I'm freaking stoked to get it and watch my 1st Blu-Ray movie.

What I'm interested in is if anyone plays hi-def video games on their HDTV (1080p)? I have a custom gaming rig: dual-core (overclocked to 4 ghz), 4 gig ram, and an 8800GT vid. card. Will this play games at 1920x1080 on my new TV?!

:head::dance:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It should, just ensure you are using HDMI.

I just bought the Samsung LN40A650 myself, and the PS3. Strangely enough, the PS3's BluRay player is of a higher quality than most only-BluRays.

My 360 crumbled some time ago, and was subsequently replaced; what bothers me, though, is that I was not in time for the Elite units with the built-in HDMI.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
sorry cant help you on your Q's but im curious to know how much a HD telly costs you in the States??

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

I just bought the Samsung LN40A650 myself, and the PS3. Strangely enough, the PS3's BluRay player is of a higher quality than most only-BluRays.

My 360 crumbled some time ago, and was subsequently replaced; what bothers me, though, is that I was not in time for the Elite units with the built-in HDMI.
Ya, I considered that tv myself Mullet ;) Regarding the PS3, I've read mixed reviews regarding how good it is as a blu-ray player. My Sony costs ~$250 shipped and got killer reviews. I play my video games on my PC so I don't need another gaming unit.

And yes, I'll be getting an HDMI: DVI converter or a cable with an HDMI end and a DVI end (15 footer) :)

Thanks for the response bud!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
bastard!....i will sit here with my aging laptop that has a geforce 6400 in it....and cry thank you....I do have a 360 and 30 inch HD tv, but it only goes 720p...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine was ~$1080 U.S. dollars (includes delivery). :head:
That's a nice deal! My little brother's friend works at Best Buy, and got me the LN40A650 with the adjacent 1400w stereo system for $1300.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Im gunna have to shell out soon when my flatmate moves out and takes his plasma with him. Costs a lil more then it does for you guys but i was expecting it to be a lot cheaper in the US....guess its just houses :)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I haven't personally seen anyone w/a 1080p plasma playing a blu-ray movie but reviews have said this setup is crazy sikk. I think it'll be worth every penny since the girlie and I tend to watch more movies now.....we're watching DVDs on her 20" POS tv now. LOL...ya, it sucks! :)

I will need to get 5.1 surround system next, but not til later. I'd like to focus on getting real estate (once I settle on the state I want to be in!).

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I haven't personally seen anyone w/a 1080p plasma playing a blu-ray movie but reviews have said this setup is crazy sikk. I think it'll be worth every penny since the girlie and I tend to watch more movies now.....we're watching DVDs on her 20" POS tv now. LOL...ya, it sucks! :)

I will need to get 5.1 surround system next, but not til later. I'd like to focus on getting real estate (once I settle on the state I want to be in!).

you do know blue-ray= dead right? they arent going to continue with that media.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Im gunna have to shell out soon when my flatmate moves out and takes his plasma with him. Costs a lil more then it does for you guys but i was expecting it to be a lot cheaper in the US....guess its just houses :)

bro, HD tv's here are pretty cheap. And only getting cheaper, and better at the same time. Now some are high priced, but those are the ones that look like a freaking window, then you reaize its a TV....here is a hint. BUY THE SHOW MODEL if you can. it will shave 40% off the price at least, and usually has nothing wrong with it save for a bit of dust. Same thing as the brand new one. I shaved a couple hundred bucks off my TV doing that, and its fine and dandy 2 years later :)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Have no idea.....I read reviews on new blu-ray players and people never commented on that. Also, NetFlix only offers Blu-ray discs so I assumed "blu-ray" won the race. If not, I'll send my unit back to Amazon and get the latest/greatest what-ever-the-damn-thing-is-called-now player.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The 5.1 is worth it! I have my setup (T.V./PS3/Dolby ProLogic 5.1) all rigged with HDMI, and watching one movie is worth it!

My first suggestions for movies:

Transformers
Sin City
Matrix Reloaded

All three are a great experience. And gaming is just, well...put it this way: your girl will understand you even less. :)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
The 5.1 is worth it! I have my setup (T.V./PS3/Dolby ProLogic 5.1) all rigged with HDMI, and watching one movie is worth it!

My first suggestions for movies:

Transformers
Sin City
Matrix Reloaded

All three are a great experience. And gaming is just, well...put it this way: your girl will understand you even less. :)
Awesome, thanks! I'll get Transformers and watch that again. That was a cool movie, even on a POS 20" tube tv! :)

I hear you on the g/f thing.."How can you play that all day? Doesn't it get old?!" LOL...NOPE!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Have no idea.....I read reviews on new blu-ray players and people never commented on that. Also, NetFlix only offers Blu-ray discs so I assumed "blu-ray" won the race. If not, I'll send my unit back to Amazon and get the latest/greatest what-ever-the-damn-thing-is-called-now player.

Oh it won the race against the microsoft HD thing, and its currently the leader. But its already been given the pirates "black spot" that is to say, been marked for death.

Didnt mean to scare you, you will have plenty of releases to watch on that thing and a helluva collection of movies before its dead.

It will be good for about 4 or 5 years though I thinking. Its just not going to be long term. Media based jumps are going to be happening often soon, but dont be suprised if in 5 or 6 years CD/DVD are a things of the past and no longer exist....

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome, thanks! I'll get Transformers and watch that again. That was a cool movie, even on a POS 20" tube tv! :)

I hear you on the g/f thing.."How can you play that all day? Doesn't it get old?!" LOL...NOPE!
Exactly. I played Fable II for two days straight, and she was bothered. I am unbelievably excited for GOW II !

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Oh it won the race against the microsoft HD thing, and its currently the leader. But its already been given the pirates "black spot" that is to say, been marked for death.

Didnt mean to scare you, you will have plenty of releases to watch on that thing and a helluva collection of movies before its dead.

It will be good for about 4 or 5 years though I thinking. Its just not going to be long term. Media based jumps are going to be happening often soon, but dont be suprised if in 5 or 6 years CD/DVD are a things of the past and no longer exist....

Ohh, sh!t man, you had me nervous for a second like I got the wrong technology! :) Ya, I'm sure it will be replaced by the next gen data storage technology in the near future (4-5 yrs), but til then, it's 1080 HD TIME BABY! :) :head::head::woohoo:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. I played Fable II for two days straight, and she was bothered. I am unbelievably excited for GOW II !
Lol.. My roommate spent the last week playing Fable II.. which also meant I was glued to the TV as well... Great story for a game, couldn't stop watching.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Blue Ray is only new right? you thinknig laser disk or something? im pretty sure its here to stay.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol.. My roommate spent the last week playing Fable II.. which also meant I was glued to the TV as well... Great story for a game, couldn't stop watching.
It was too damn short! I went back to playing Oblivion.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Blue Ray is only new right? you thinknig laser disk or something? im pretty sure its here to stay.

nope, blue ray. It may be new, but it climbed on board late. It is here to stay, but for a short stay. much easier and better ways of moving around HD quality date are becoming too easy to produce. the whole CD/DVD thing is the issue, its got 1 foot out the door.

Blue ray showed up kinda like a WW2 fighter Ace to a WW3 dog fight..... Sure its amazing, but how long can it last....

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nope, blue ray. It may be new, but it climbed on board late. It is here to stay, but for a short stay. much easier and better ways of moving around HD quality date are becoming too easy to produce. the whole CD/DVD thing is the issue, its got 1 foot out the door.

Blue ray showed up kinda like a WW2 fighter Ace to a WW3 dog fight..... Sure its amazing, but how long can it last....
Hm, I doubt that. The next logical leap is for straight-from computer programming, but that is too technical for the average individual. 'Video programming cards' will have the capacity, in the near future, to display programming directly to your T.V., through card slots but this will not usurp BluRay by any means. At the moment, the manual form of HD prevails, and will enjoy a run similar to CD/DVD. The next mass exodus of technology will not occur for 5-6 years, at the very least. This is inhibited mostly by time, capital, and size constraints in console technology; this is also why the current generation of consoles will be 'the' generation for quite some time. The 360 and the PS3 were draining on the respective companies!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Hm, I doubt that. The next logical leap is for straight-from computer programming, but that is too technical for the average individual. 'Video programming cards' will have the capacity, in the near future, to display programming directly to your T.V., through card slots but this will not usurp BluRay by any means. At the moment, the manual form of HD prevails, and will enjoy a run similar to CD/DVD. The next mass exodus of technology will not occur for 5-6 years, at the very least. This is inhibited mostly by time, capital, and size constraints in console technology; this is also why the current generation of consoles will be 'the' generation for quite some time. The 360 and the PS3 were draining on the respective companies!
Do you know how much it costs Sony and Microsoft to develop and advertise their current consoles?! ENORMOUS capital invested. They have to make up for that investment. It will most likely, as Mullet states, take years for that.

But, I'm thinking Apple/Mac might get into the console game. If they're heavy into mobile phones and want to capture that audience to a larger degree, they should think about developing a snazzy game console to compete w/Sony and MS. It sure as hell can't hurt the consumer to have another console mfg driving down prices and giving us more to choose from! :) :duel: Love me some good competition among mfgs!

Regarding BluRay's lifespan, look at its outdated cousins....Beta/VHS and CD/DVD. They all had a run for years and years before the newer technologys not only emerged, but took over as the new standard. Classic product lifecycle and adoption of new technologies.

:) Good convo guys.

:hammer:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

I said 5 years bro, lol. At least Microsoft is making money, Sony failed with their PS3 and are paying out the yang for that.

And papapumped, you wont see apple/mac doing that. Their systems SUCK for gaming, especially hardcore gaming. They aret the gaming kind, they are amazing for functionality and work though, and anything but gaming.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I said 5 years bro, lol. At least Microsoft is making money, Sony failed with their PS3 and are paying out the yang for that.

And papapumped, you wont see apple/mac doing that. Their systems SUCK for gaming, especially hardcore gaming. They aret the gaming kind, they are amazing for functionality and work though, and anything but gaming.
Hey, who knows. Macs are known for graphics and whatnot, they have the slick Iphone which proves they can make a successful leap from computers to telecommunications, and have made computers for decades. I'm just saying that with all their capabilities and successes and the console target market being PRIME for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an attempt at their own game console.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Hey, who knows. Macs are known for graphics and whatnot, they have the slick Iphone which proves they can make a successful leap from computers to telecommunications, and have made computers for decades. I'm just saying that with all their capabilities and successes and the console target market being PRIME for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an attempt at their own game console.

SEGA was amazin, ahead of their time, and the best. I was a SEGA fanboy, had to chose nintendo after the horrific news that SEGA was stopping work on systems. They were ahead of their time, had the best graphics for that time(think dreamcast compared to the N64 and PS1)They even had a handhelf with a back lit screen and good grafix long before the GBA. but fate befell them.

MAC has kinda a SEGA feeling. BTW do you know Microsoft is supposed to be purchasing mac? I was told to watch the next windows OS, its supposed to resemble mac leopard.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Here are the goodies, to be delivered later next week:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You said 5 years, I am saying 5-6 at the very least, 7-9 is a much more plausible scenario; there is a big difference between 5 and 9. Further, this comes from Microsoft Game Studios and Sony developers and executives themselves. The new Sony President is not a fan of the PS division (despite its lucrative PS2 takings), and this will delay R&D there.

In respects to Sony paying out the Yang, both MS and Sony are: They make an unfathomably low profit of the consoles, in the hope people buy the games (they get most of the game profits). The only console giant who may produce again in the near future is the Wii, who is winning the console war heavily as of now. Sony still dominates in Asia Minor and parts of Europe; 360 has a foothold on NA, other parts of Europe and Asia Major; and the Wii blows them out of the water globally!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You said 5 years, I am saying 5-6 at the very least, 7-9 is a much more plausible scenario; there is a big difference between 5 and 9. Further, this comes from Microsoft Game Studios and Sony developers and executives themselves. The new Sony President is not a fan of the PS division (despite its lucrative PS2 takings), and this will delay R&D there.

In respects to Sony paying out the Yang, both MS and Sony are: They make an unfathomably low profit of the consoles, in the hope people buy the games (they get most of the game profits). The only console giant who may produce again in the near future is the Wii, who is winning the console war heavily as of now. Sony still dominates in Asia Minor and parts of Europe; 360 has a foothold on NA, other parts of Europe and Asia Major; and the Wii blows them out of the water globally!

the wii blows the out of the water because every Japanese house has 4 of them..... and in America it is a system no gamers can get into.

Kgonz

Awards
Well, I ordered my new setup: A Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ85U 42" 1080P Plasma T.V. and Sony BDP-S350 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player! I'm freaking stoked to get it and watch my 1st Blu-Ray movie.

What I'm interested in is if anyone plays hi-def video games on their HDTV (1080p)? I have a custom gaming rig: dual-core (overclocked to 4 ghz), 4 gig ram, and an 8800GT vid. card. Will this play games at 1920x1080 on my new TV?!

It will!

I'd recommend Far Cry 2 and Call of Duty - World At War to test the PC out.

Both look great on my widescreen monitor, but unfortunately the fiancee won't abide by me pulling my gaming rig out of the upstairs office, so no ultra-large scree goodness.:frustrate

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the wii blows the out of the water because every Japanese house has 4 of them..... and in America it is a system no gamers can get into.
Hate to burst your bubble, but Wiis are slowly dominating America as well!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Hate to burst your bubble, but Wiis are slowly dominating America as well!
I meant to say none gamers**

It wont dominate. Its games are weak, and short lived entertainment. I have one, dont get me wrong. But I play it....once every 4 months. My 360 on the other hand....Actually has functional games.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant to say none gamers**

It wont dominate. Its games are weak, and short lived entertainment. I have one, dont get me wrong. But I play it....once every 4 months. My 360 on the other hand....Actually has functional games.
It is dominating. You know that Wii sales are more than PS3 and 360, correct?

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established

Depends on the game. 8800 GT will not run crysis on high, let alone at 1920X1080.

Now run two of those in SLi with ATItool overclocking them and we are talking.

My 8600 GTS overclocked above 8800GT stats runs crysis on high at 1280X800 (Not 1440X900) just dandy.

Then again I am the one running 4 monitors on my one computer. Running solidworks is a dream on my main desktop.

The majority of the newer games are limited by the physics. Something like crysis will run all the physics through the video card, which is why there are games being developed having a specific physics card in mind. Look at physX to see where games are going for the PC.

Try playing fallout 3 on that card with the res and you will be skipping frames like crazy.

As far as the wii.... please. If I need an underpowered console, I will buy a wii. Look at dead rising. They had to dumb that game down SO much to get it to run on the wii hardware it's a joke.

A gimmick does not make a system. Which means waving your arms around does not make me want to spend 200 on one when call of duty, halo, force unleased and gears of war (soon to be 2) do just fine on my 360. I would rather buy a PS3 than a wii.

Rehashing mario and zelda (which is a series I loved to death until the wii) will only last so long.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as the wii.... please. If I need an underpowered console, I will buy a wii. Look at dead rising. They had to dumb that game down SO much to get it to run on the wii hardware it's a joke.

A gimmick does not make a system. Which means waving your arms around does not make me want to spend 200 on one when call of duty, halo, force unleased and gears of war (soon to be 2) do just fine on my 360. I would rather buy a PS3 than a wii.

Rehashing mario and zelda (which is a series I loved to death until the wii) will only last so long.
Huh? Where did I say the Wii was superior? I would love if you could show me exactly where. I merely stated it is dominating in sales because it is. I own both of the other consoles and obviously no comparison can be made between any technical aspect of the PS3/360 and the Wii. Despite these technical shortcomings, though, Nintendo recognized its inability to compete technically and instead capitalized on an untapped market segment(s); good for them. Most estimates place either 360 or PS3 regaining the global lead within the next two years, though.

Force Unleashed was also pitiful compared to the hype surrounding the three independent physics engines on the game. Repetitive gameplay with a mediocre story-line does not a good game make. GOW2 will be on another level, though.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
Huh? Where did I say the Wii was superior? I would love if you could show me exactly where. I merely stated it is dominating in sales because it is. I own both of the other consoles and obviously no comparison can be made between any technical aspect of the PS3/360 and the Wii. Despite these technical shortcomings, though, Nintendo recognized its inability to compete technically and instead capitalized on an untapped market segment(s); good for them. Most estimates place either 360 or PS3 regaining the global lead within the next two years, though.

Force Unleashed was also pitiful compared to the hype surrounding the three independent physics engines on the game. Repetitive gameplay with a mediocre story-line does not a good game make. GOW2 will be on another level, though.
Wouldn't saying it is owning in sales imply that it is superior in some respect? Thats why I responded.

The Wii is a underpowered gimmick. It's the only next gen console that is not next gen.

I also said force unleased because it is another good example of the dumbing down required in order to gain the advantage of being able to wave your arms around to interact with the game. That said, I own the game and still think it's a fine game. On 360 or PS3 that is.

I'll take my COD4, Fallout 3, Halo and gears over cooking mom and another set of minigames.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't saying it is owning in sales imply that it is superior in some respect? Thats why I responded.

The Wii is a underpowered gimmick. It's the only next gen console that is not next gen.

I also said force unleased because it is another good example of the dumbing down required in order to gain the advantage of being able to wave your arms around to interact with the game. That said, I own the game and still think it's a fine game. On 360 or PS3 that is.

I'll take my COD4, Fallout 3, Halo and gears over cooking mom and another set of minigames.
No, saying it is dominating is stating the sales facts; feel free to look them up! The Wii has the most units sold on the planet as of now.

The games do not really resonate with myself either, as I love complex games with deep gameplay and compelling storylines: Gears of War, Bioshock, MGS4, Fallout 3 and Oblivion Elder Scrolls are most likely my favorite Next-Gen titles as of now.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
skimmed here. MY friedn has a 50" Plasma by Sony 1080 etc etc, suround sound PS3, 360 pretty much dropped 2500+ on a whole setup....
It will rape any TV/Movie setup ive seen to date. I would take that of a projection. Id rather have super crisp pic that a huge one.
We watched 007 the new one casino royal and then pirates 3, both were amazing. Madden also was sic on it.

have fun. I hope to upgrade by next year.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
No, saying it is dominating is stating the sales facts; feel free to look them up! The Wii has the most units sold on the planet as of now.
Very true Mullet. Took a while to take off but now the Wii has sold more consoles then PS3 and Xbox quite a few times over.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the game. 8800 GT will not run crysis on high, let alone at 1920X1080.

Now run two of those in SLi with ATItool overclocking them and we are talking.

My 8600 GTS overclocked above 8800GT stats runs crysis on high at 1280X800 (Not 1440X900) just dandy.

Then again I am the one running 4 monitors on my one computer. Running solidworks is a dream on my main desktop.

The majority of the newer games are limited by the physics. Something like crysis will run all the physics through the video card, which is why there are games being developed having a specific physics card in mind. Look at physX to see where games are going for the PC.
I play Crysis on HIGH just fine. But that's on my 19" LCD. I'm curious as to how it'll play on the 42" at 1900x1080. I'm assuming you're saying it'll lag hard at "high" setting?

Yes, I could do SLI but I'm not that hard-up on Crysis as hardly any of my friends have a rig that can run it and it's lame playing w/o yer peeps!

Thanks for the reply Cafe!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very true Mullet. Took a while to take off but now the Wii has sold more consoles then PS3 and Xbox quite a few times over.
Yes, exactly! This is not to say it is better, but that it has capitalized on an untapped gaming market. We hate to realize this, but all the game-industry research I have seen claims that women play more video games than men. Now, they were previously not a lucrative market because they were not repeat buyers; they were not console buyers; and were not accessory buyers - that is, they purchased games such as Sim Life and could play one game for several months, and therefore did not contribute significantly to the Market despite their higher %. With the Wii, they have games they enjoy, and Nintendo is making a killing. That is good business sense, IMO.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Women love the Wii and so do the older demographic ie >40 who wouldn't be caught dead playing a PS3. I have a Wii at my house, kinda boring, i much prefer the PS3 but if i had to choose which is making more money for Nintendo or Sony, i think the answer is quite obvious.
The Wii fit has been a massive hit in the UK....the women buy and barely take it out of the box but they've already paid their money so its win win for Nintendo.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I play Crysis on HIGH just fine. But that's on my 19" LCD. I'm curious as to how it'll play on the 42" at 1900x1080. I'm assuming you're saying it'll lag hard at "high" setting?

Yes, I could do SLI but I'm not that hard-up on Crysis as hardly any of my friends have a rig that can run it and it's lame playing w/o yer peeps!

Thanks for the reply Cafe!
Thats true.. but it's the benchmark right now. If you someone tells you they can run crysis on very high like it's nothing you know they spent more on their computer than their car.

I can run crysis on high on my 8800GTS but it's nowhere near flawless.

I do have a computer hooked up to my TV downstairs. It's 720p but having a little linux box stream everything from my monster desktop upstairs is a neat trick. That, and I can stream music for parties.

The added bonus is because it's linux, no one knows how to **** with it or change the song :lol:

What are you trying to play on it anyways? Or are you just doing it for shits and giggles?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Thats true.. but it's the benchmark right now. If you someone tells you they can run crysis on very high like it's nothing you know they spent more on their computer than their car.

I can run crysis on high on my 8800GTS but it's nowhere near flawless.

I do have a computer hooked up to my TV downstairs. It's 720p but having a little linux box stream everything from my monster desktop upstairs is a neat trick. That, and I can stream music for parties.

The added bonus is because it's linux, no one knows how to **** with it or change the song :lol:

What are you trying to play on it anyways? Or are you just doing it for shits and giggles?

Well, I'd like to play Crysis, Battlefield 1942 (DC mod), Team Fortress 2, and maybe a couple of new games that'll come out soon (forgot the names).

I'd like to play these on the 42" for kicks...why not?! ;)

Oh, and I'm running Windows 64 and I need to get some crack or something to open up the Very High setting on Crysis since I'm not running Vista. So stupid.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:

Well, I got the Panasonic Viera 42" plasma and the Sony Blu-Ray. This tv looks friggin' BIG! Beautiful picture (that's why I bought it). Blu-Ray is kickazz. Watched Transformers and the detail is just killer. The sound is decent too, but a 5.1 or better system is ideal for a setup like this (obviously).

I hooked up my PC and used the TV as a monitor. I had to d!ck around to get it setup right. I'm using a DVI to HDMI cable. I tried to run Crysis on high with 16x AA. LOL....I couldn't even see a damn thing on the screen....it was DESTROYING my PC. I had to turn off AA and it ran fine. Great looking on the big screen! I just have to control my team-killing.....or not.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established

I actually just got tat 360 elite for my kid, got it on a trade and Im not really into gaming ,but what does this unit offer over the regular 360 other than the obvious 100gb

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I actually just got tat 360 elite for my kid, got it on a trade and Im not really into gaming ,but what does this unit offer over the regular 360 other than the obvious 100gb
hdmi, cool black color, and that all