1080P Plasma T.V. & Video Games (Video Card)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Very true Mullet. Took a while to take off but now the Wii has sold more consoles then PS3 and Xbox quite a few times over.
    Yes, exactly! This is not to say it is better, but that it has capitalized on an untapped gaming market. We hate to realize this, but all the game-industry research I have seen claims that women play more video games than men. Now, they were previously not a lucrative market because they were not repeat buyers; they were not console buyers; and were not accessory buyers - that is, they purchased games such as Sim Life and could play one game for several months, and therefore did not contribute significantly to the Market despite their higher %. With the Wii, they have games they enjoy, and Nintendo is making a killing. That is good business sense, IMO.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Women love the Wii and so do the older demographic ie >40 who wouldn't be caught dead playing a PS3. I have a Wii at my house, kinda boring, i much prefer the PS3 but if i had to choose which is making more money for Nintendo or Sony, i think the answer is quite obvious.
    The Wii fit has been a massive hit in the UK....the women buy and barely take it out of the box but they've already paid their money so its win win for Nintendo.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  206.5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by papapumpsd View Post
    I play Crysis on HIGH just fine. But that's on my 19" LCD. I'm curious as to how it'll play on the 42" at 1900x1080. I'm assuming you're saying it'll lag hard at "high" setting?

Yes, I could do SLI but I'm not that hard-up on Crysis as hardly any of my friends have a rig that can run it and it's lame playing w/o yer peeps!

Thanks for the reply Cafe!
    Thats true.. but it's the benchmark right now. If you someone tells you they can run crysis on very high like it's nothing you know they spent more on their computer than their car.

I can run crysis on high on my 8800GTS but it's nowhere near flawless.

I do have a computer hooked up to my TV downstairs. It's 720p but having a little linux box stream everything from my monster desktop upstairs is a neat trick. That, and I can stream music for parties.

The added bonus is because it's linux, no one knows how to **** with it or change the song

What are you trying to play on it anyways? Or are you just doing it for ****s and giggles?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caferacer View Post
    Thats true.. but it's the benchmark right now. If you someone tells you they can run crysis on very high like it's nothing you know they spent more on their computer than their car.

I can run crysis on high on my 8800GTS but it's nowhere near flawless.

I do have a computer hooked up to my TV downstairs. It's 720p but having a little linux box stream everything from my monster desktop upstairs is a neat trick. That, and I can stream music for parties.

The added bonus is because it's linux, no one knows how to **** with it or change the song

What are you trying to play on it anyways? Or are you just doing it for ****s and giggles?

Well, I'd like to play Crysis, Battlefield 1942 (DC mod), Team Fortress 2, and maybe a couple of new games that'll come out soon (forgot the names).

I'd like to play these on the 42" for kicks...why not?!

Oh, and I'm running Windows 64 and I need to get some crack or something to open up the Very High setting on Crysis since I'm not running Vista. So stupid.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

UPDATE:

Well, I got the Panasonic Viera 42" plasma and the Sony Blu-Ray. This tv looks friggin' BIG! Beautiful picture (that's why I bought it). Blu-Ray is kickazz. Watched Transformers and the detail is just killer. The sound is decent too, but a 5.1 or better system is ideal for a setup like this (obviously).

I hooked up my PC and used the TV as a monitor. I had to d!ck around to get it setup right. I'm using a DVI to HDMI cable. I tried to run Crysis on high with 16x AA. LOL....I couldn't even see a damn thing on the screen....it was DESTROYING my PC. I had to turn off AA and it ran fine. Great looking on the big screen! I just have to control my team-killing.....or not.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

gears of war 2!

any of u guys play?
  7. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    It should, just ensure you are using HDMI.

I just bought the Samsung LN40A650 myself, and the PS3. Strangely enough, the PS3's BluRay player is of a higher quality than most only-BluRays.

My 360 crumbled some time ago, and was subsequently replaced; what bothers me, though, is that I was not in time for the Elite units with the built-in HDMI.
    I actually just got tat 360 elite for my kid, got it on a trade and Im not really into gaming ,but what does this unit offer over the regular 360 other than the obvious 100gb
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    I actually just got tat 360 elite for my kid, got it on a trade and Im not really into gaming ,but what does this unit offer over the regular 360 other than the obvious 100gb
    hdmi, cool black color, and that all
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Favorite Video Games of All Time
    By mich29 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. Video Games
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
  3. Top 12 Video Games with Ridiculous Premises