Elevated Potassium and BUN

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had some bloodwork done two weeks ago and everything came back great except for Potassium and Blood uria nitrogen levels. Rest of the blood panel was all normal.

I haven't been sick
My protein intake isn't high
I take 1-2grams of tylenol 3-4 times a week
I take 25mg of mobic on days I work out (anti inflam)

I'm scheduling an appt with my prim phys on Monday but wanted to go in there with some possible ideas in case the answer isn't clear and cut on why these are high.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Had some bloodwork done two weeks ago and everything came back great except for Potassium and Blood uria nitrogen levels. Rest of the blood panel was all normal.

I haven't been sick

I'm scheduling an appt with my prim phys on Monday but wanted to go in there with some possible ideas in case the answer isn't clear and cut on why these are high.

can be related to kidney problems,

heres something for you to read. its on chronic kidney failure, but thats most likely not what you havem theres cronic and acute kidney failure,

Attachments

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I haven't been sick

Jay - Post up your whole chemistry panel. I'll see if i can help you out here, and explain what i can. I'm more than willing to bet you were slightly dehydrated at time of blood draw. An elevated BUN with a normal creatinine is very indicative of fluid volume deficit.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because i'm allergic to anything related to codeine and the only other option is to go to the next tier of pain killers which is morphine... I'll stick with tylenol. I don't take more than 1gram at a time.

I'll get on putting up the rest of the blood work. I don't have a scanner.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More than 1 gram at a time per use per day. It usually looks like this...

2x500mg an hour or two before my workout
2x500mg an hour or two before bedtime(usually only on leg days)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Because i'm allergic to anything related to codeine and the only other option is to go to the next tier of pain killers which is morphine...
Why are you in so much pain?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lot of lower back related problems. I've been able to get back to the point where I can run again and actually do lower body workouts.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Back pain sucks, I hurt my back fairly bad one summer, didnt fully recover untill after christmas.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Lot of lower back related problems. I've been able to get back to the point where I can run again and actually do lower body workouts.
Do you ever use a reverse hyper Jay?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, there isn't one at my gym... I think I read once where someone had a make-shift one but I can't remember how it was done.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
No, there isn't one at my gym... I think I read once where someone had a make-shift one but I can't remember how it was done.
For the back rehab purposes all you really need is a tall table or something that you can support your upper body on, then just swing your legs under and up to mimic the movement. This may help a ton with helping your lower back. Sorry to get away from the topic of the original post though.