What's Your Beer?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What's Your Beer?


    Blah Blah Blah... my diet this, my diet that. Lets discuss something REALLY important... what beer you enjoy after a long day, or a night out with the fellas.

    Be it from what country, a certain brand, a certain label... lets hear it.

    Personally I lean toward a good Pilsner or Pale Ale of the germany variety. Although a micro brew in St. Louis (Schlafly) does a great version of both, to include a strong Hefeweizen.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend


  2. Heineken! it use to be budweiser but switched after the head splitting hangovers! the green bottle is real mild the next day!

  3. I'm more into the micro brews or the more dark brews i.e. stouts, porters etc. I want there to ba an actual major taste and I find the others to light and watery for me.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    I'm more into the micro brews or the more dark brews i.e. stouts, porters etc. I want there to ba an actual major taste and I find the others to light and watery for me.
    Agreed... I'm not big on the darks myself (Damn that sounded racist), but do like a strong flavor. IE: Weizens, and Pils.

    Have you ever tried Arrogant Bastard Ale? If not, look it up... by stone brewries... interesting to say the least.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  5. Okanagan Springs Porter

  6. Haven't heard of it but that is the problem with micro brews...the regionality. Some really great brews simply aren't available everywhere. I'm in Denver and we do have some geat breweries in the area and the store I go to has a fari selection. My kids bought me a book on world beers and many of the American ones I hadn't ever heard of much less had the opportunities to taste.

    This is strage timing because I was going to go to the liquor store in a little while to pick up some beer, a new bottle of Scotch and of couse my lotto/powerball tickets. Now I'm going to be reconsidering what I want to get.

  7. Fancy mutherf**kers

    I don't drink that much beer, but if I do, whatever's available from Old English to Duvel Beligan beer, all the same!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    Haven't heard of it but that is the problem with micro brews...the regionality. Some really great brews simply aren't available everywhere. I'm in Denver and we do have some geat breweries in the area and the store I go to has a fari selection. My kids bought me a book on world beers and many of the American ones I hadn't ever heard of much less had the opportunities to taste.

    This is strage timing because I was going to go to the liquor store in a little while to pick up some beer, a new bottle of Scotch and of couse my lotto/powerball tickets. Now I'm going to be reconsidering what I want to get.
    One of my favorite thing to do is visit a local brewhaus and just try everything they have. Now that is a good time!!!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  9. Yuengling Lager, can i get an amen.

  10. sam adams white ale

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Yuengling Lager, can i get an amen.
    No

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    No
    i would like to try original guiness,i heard its actually good for you!

  13. Well I found a 16 oz(?) Arrogant Bastard Ale to try and got a 6 pack of an Oatmeal Stout. Something new & something old...and my Balvenie single barrel 15 yr old of course.

    I think I'm going to have an enjoyable evening at home....

  14. Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    Well I found a 16 oz(?) Arrogant Bastard Ale to try and got a 6 pack of an Oatmeal Stout. Something new & something old...and my Balvenie single barrel 15 yr old of course.

    I think I'm going to have an enjoyable evening at home....
    ..lucky..bastered!..lol..!

  15. Franziskaner Hefeweizen is my vice...that and Jager.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    Well I found a 16 oz(?) Arrogant Bastard Ale to try and got a 6 pack of an Oatmeal Stout. Something new & something old...and my Balvenie single barrel 15 yr old of course.

    I think I'm going to have an enjoyable evening at home....
    LUCKY... i have to order up my arrogant bastard.

    For all who are unknowing... here is the website.

    http://www.arrogantbastard.com/index2.html

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Franziskaner Hefeweizen is my vice...that and Jager.
    OH MY HERO. Fanzinskaner is my FAVORITE. Got addicted when I spent 4 years in germany.... only found it at ONE place here, and they charge like 6 bux a pint. Fukkers.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  18. Dixie Brewing Company - Crimson Voodoo. haven't been able to buy any since katrina paulaner hefe-wisen would be a close 2nd

  19. Guinness is the only beer I have had for about 4 years now. I don't drink often (maybe once every two or three months) but when I do a pint of Guinness is all I need.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

  20. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Guinness is the only beer I have had for about 4 years now. I don't drink often (maybe once every two or three months) but when I do a pint of Guinness is all I need.
    OH MAN... Irish Car Bombs are my favorite "Shot"

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  21. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Guinness is the only beer I have had for about 4 years now. I don't drink often (maybe once every two or three months) but when I do a pint of Guinness is all I need.

  22. Hennepin, Killian's or anything from Great Lakes Brewery.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  23. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Hennepin, Killian's or anything from Great Lakes Brewery.
    I use to drink a lot of Great Lakes beers when I first started college. The restaurant I worked at at the time carried them so it was like a cleaning ritual on Sunday nights.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

  24. I haven't had a beer in a long time...but the next time I do it's going to be the darkest beer on earth...it can even have the barley or whatever in it like antiquity beer did. I'm going to have just one...and it's going to be in a really tall glass .

    That'd be my favorite beer.

  25. i love my 40z of mickeys. For a party il bring some Bud Light and to relax and enjoy any Samuals Adams

  26. Grolsh (sp?)

  27. Guinness.

    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Guinness.

    Cause we all know Bob likes a little extra head.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  29. Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Yuengling Lager, can i get an amen.
    amen. however lately it has been oktoberfest brews and Newcastle brown ale.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Cause we all know Bob likes a little extra head.

    Adams
    You've seen the hot chicks in my logs.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  31. Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Yuengling Lager, can i get an amen.
    Amen!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  32. Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat... draft... obsessed...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  33. Red Stripe!

  34. back when i was in to drinking beer I liked drinking lots of BASS ALE

  35. Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Yuengling Lager, can i get an amen.
    Amen.
    Nice sweet taste.

    I love local micro brews. If anyone is ever in Ft. Benning/Columbus area, "The Cannon Brew-Pub" has some of the best homemade brews around.

  36. Guinness
    Samuel Adams Cream Stout
    Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat
    Samuel Adams Irish Red
    Samuel Adams Winter Lager
    Samuel Adams Summer Ale
    Dos Equis Lager
    Red Stripe
    BBC Fat Tire
    Anchor Porter
    Sierra Nevada Porter
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Sierra Nevada Summerfest
    Boddington's


    Those are the only ones I have on a regular basis. I love microbrews and homebrews. Dark beer when I'm sitting with the boys, crisp lagers at the beach, and full bodied beers with dinner.

    I hope you guys recognize the dude in the middle of the second picture.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  37. Hefeweizen, by Widmere brothers local microbrewery (Portland OR).

  38. Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    Hefeweizen, by Widmere brothers local microbrewery (Portland OR).
    Widmer's is definitely not a Microbrew... but AMAZING none the less.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  39. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    OH MAN... Irish Car Bombs are my favorite "Shot"

    Adams

    Really? try an Iraqi car bomb,....uncle made it famous at a bar in roswell, ga. Its a Irish car bomb chased by a shot of 151,.... then you gotta shout Durka! Durka! Durka!



    ..Bout the beer,.... I tried Sam Adams Octoberfest the other night,.... good stuff.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat... draft... obsessed...
    F*ck Yeah. Was about to post same thing...

    I also love Newcastle and my new favorite is a microbrew called Magic Hat Jinx Elixir- its very tasty and 7% ABV.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Beer before bed debate
    By CaponeCEO in forum Bulking
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
  2. beer
    By at1010 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:17 PM
  3. Beer neutralizer?
    By PumpingIron in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Log in
Log in