What's Your Beer?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blah Blah Blah... my diet this, my diet that. Lets discuss something REALLY important... what beer you enjoy after a long day, or a night out with the fellas.

Be it from what country, a certain brand, a certain label... lets hear it.

Personally I lean toward a good Pilsner or Pale Ale of the germany variety. Although a micro brew in St. Louis (Schlafly) does a great version of both, to include a strong Hefeweizen. :D

Adams

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Heineken! it use to be budweiser but switched after the head splitting hangovers! the green bottle is real mild the next day!:cheers:

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I'm more into the micro brews or the more dark brews i.e. stouts, porters etc. I want there to ba an actual major taste and I find the others to light and watery for me.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm more into the micro brews or the more dark brews i.e. stouts, porters etc. I want there to ba an actual major taste and I find the others to light and watery for me.
Agreed... I'm not big on the darks myself (Damn that sounded racist), but do like a strong flavor. IE: Weizens, and Pils.

Have you ever tried Arrogant Bastard Ale? :D If not, look it up... by stone brewries... interesting to say the least.

Adams

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Haven't heard of it but that is the problem with micro brews...the regionality. Some really great brews simply aren't available everywhere. I'm in Denver and we do have some geat breweries in the area and the store I go to has a fari selection. My kids bought me a book on world beers and many of the American ones I hadn't ever heard of much less had the opportunities to taste.

This is strage timing because I was going to go to the liquor store in a little while to pick up some beer, a new bottle of Scotch and of couse my lotto/powerball tickets. Now I'm going to be reconsidering what I want to get.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fancy mutherf**kers :)

I don't drink that much beer, but if I do, whatever's available from Old English to Duvel Beligan beer, all the same!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't heard of it but that is the problem with micro brews...the regionality. Some really great brews simply aren't available everywhere. I'm in Denver and we do have some geat breweries in the area and the store I go to has a fari selection. My kids bought me a book on world beers and many of the American ones I hadn't ever heard of much less had the opportunities to taste.

This is strage timing because I was going to go to the liquor store in a little while to pick up some beer, a new bottle of Scotch and of couse my lotto/powerball tickets. Now I'm going to be reconsidering what I want to get.
One of my favorite thing to do is visit a local brewhaus and just try everything they have. Now that is a good time!!! :D

Adams

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Well I found a 16 oz(?) Arrogant Bastard Ale to try and got a 6 pack of an Oatmeal Stout. Something new & something old...and my Balvenie single barrel 15 yr old of course.

I think I'm going to have an enjoyable evening at home....

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Well I found a 16 oz(?) Arrogant Bastard Ale to try and got a 6 pack of an Oatmeal Stout. Something new & something old...and my Balvenie single barrel 15 yr old of course.

:rasp:..lucky..bastered!..lol..!:cheers:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Franziskaner Hefeweizen is my vice...that and Jager.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

LUCKY... i have to order up my arrogant bastard.

For all who are unknowing... here is the website.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/index2.html

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Franziskaner Hefeweizen is my vice...that and Jager.
OH MY HERO. Fanzinskaner is my FAVORITE. Got addicted when I spent 4 years in germany.... only found it at ONE place here, and they charge like 6 bux a pint. Fukkers.

Adams

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Dixie Brewing Company - Crimson Voodoo. haven't been able to buy any since katrina :sad: paulaner hefe-wisen would be a close 2nd

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Guinness is the only beer I have had for about 4 years now. I don't drink often (maybe once every two or three months) but when I do a pint of Guinness is all I need.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guinness is the only beer I have had for about 4 years now. I don't drink often (maybe once every two or three months) but when I do a pint of Guinness is all I need.
OH MAN... Irish Car Bombs are my favorite "Shot"

Adams

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
:cheers:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hennepin, Killian's or anything from Great Lakes Brewery.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Hennepin, Killian's or anything from Great Lakes Brewery.
I use to drink a lot of Great Lakes beers when I first started college. The restaurant I worked at at the time carried them so it was like a cleaning ritual on Sunday nights.

Tyler1

Tyler1

Awards
I haven't had a beer in a long time...but the next time I do it's going to be the darkest beer on earth...it can even have the barley or whatever in it like antiquity beer did. I'm going to have just one...and it's going to be in a really tall glass :) .

That'd be my favorite beer.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i love my 40z of mickeys. For a party il bring some Bud Light and to relax and enjoy any Samuals Adams

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Guinness.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat... draft... obsessed...

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
back when i was in to drinking beer I liked drinking lots of BASS ALE

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yuengling Lager, can i get an amen.
Amen.
Nice sweet taste.

I love local micro brews. If anyone is ever in Ft. Benning/Columbus area, "The Cannon Brew-Pub" has some of the best homemade brews around.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guinness
Samuel Adams Cream Stout
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat
Samuel Adams Irish Red
Samuel Adams Winter Lager
Samuel Adams Summer Ale
Dos Equis Lager
Red Stripe
BBC Fat Tire
Anchor Porter
Sierra Nevada Porter
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Boddington's

Those are the only ones I have on a regular basis. I love microbrews and homebrews. Dark beer when I'm sitting with the boys, crisp lagers at the beach, and full bodied beers with dinner.

I hope you guys recognize the dude in the middle of the second picture.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Hefeweizen, by Widmere brothers local microbrewery (Portland OR).

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
OH MAN... Irish Car Bombs are my favorite "Shot"

Adams

Really? try an Iraqi car bomb,....uncle made it famous at a bar in roswell, ga. Its a Irish car bomb chased by a shot of 151,.... then you gotta shout Durka! Durka! Durka! :rofl:

..Bout the beer,.... I tried Sam Adams Octoberfest the other night,.... good stuff.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat... draft... obsessed...
F*ck Yeah. Was about to post same thing...

I also love Newcastle and my new favorite is a microbrew called Magic Hat Jinx Elixir- its very tasty and 7% ABV.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really? try an Iraqi car bomb,....uncle made it famous at a bar in roswell, ga. Its a Irish car bomb chased by a shot of 151,.... then you gotta shout Durka! Durka! Durka! :rofl:

..Bout the beer,.... I tried Sam Adams Octoberfest the other night,.... good stuff.
That doesn't sound like fun at all.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
That doesn't sound like fun at all.
yeah you will surely being saying "oh shitt" right after lol, which only makes saying the motto that much funnier with other people

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I drink 100% natural water, in the form of H2O, good old dihydrogen monoxide. Made world wide by mother nature, polluted by man, then re filtered by man afterward so we can still drink it after we mess it up :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink 100% natural water, in the form of H2O, good old dihydrogen monoxide. Made world wide by mother nature, polluted by man, then re filtered by man afterward so we can still drink it after we mess it up :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should try it with an ethyl group substituted on it. Also made by Mother Nature.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
There's a big conference of beer producers. At the end of the day, the presidents of all beer companies decide to have a drink in a bar.

The president of 'Budweiser' orders a Bud, the president of 'Miller' orders a Miller Lite, Adolph Coors orders a Coors, and the list goes on. Then the waitress asks Arthur Guinness what he wants to drink, and much to everybody's amazement, Mr. Guinness orders a Coke!

"Why don't you order a Guinness?" his colleagues ask.

"Naah. If you guys won't drink beer, then neither will I."

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Widmer's is definitely not a Microbrew... but AMAZING none the less. :D

Adams
Well, I went to Minnesota for a week and they didn't have hefewizen anywhere, I didn't know what to drink. I couldn't wait to get back to Portland, I missed it so much. :cheers: