Marijuana,metabolize food, just like alcohol and food?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Marijuana,metabolize food, just like alcohol and food?

When food is ingested and alcohol is in your system, the body will metabolize the alcohol first and and the food will turn into fat.

Is this the case for marijuana too? Example if Marijuana was in one's system when food is ingested, will the body turn all food to fat and metabolize the marijuana out of the body first?

I couldn't find any studies on this.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

the thc will actually bond with the fatty tissue,food most likely will be expelled first,alcohol and thc is two diff.things for example youll piss! alcohol out day or two depending on consumption amount,but thc will stay in you for min. of 30 days! due to its lingering nature on your fatty tissue.:donut::burg:
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

you have a few misconceptions about alochol and fat gain.

marijuana has no calories so their is nothing to digest and metabolize. it has no know effect on food digestion although it does have anti nausea properties.

marijuana is an appetite stimulant. so anything fat gain related will likely be due to excess calorie intake.

it is not believed to be a metabolic stimulant. even though it can raise heart rate in some instances.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    you have a few misconceptions about alochol and fat gain.

marijuana has no calories so their is nothing to digest and metabolize. it has no know effect on food digestion although it does have anti nausea properties.

marijuana is an appetite stimulant. so anything fat gain related will likely be due to excess calorie intake.

it is not a metabolic stimulant. even though it can raise heart rate in some instances.
    ive heard thats the reason why you get the munchies, because your metabolism gets raised?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

scientific research has yet to document whether or not smoking marijuana has a direct effect on metabolism; however, it appears that the body processes food similarly when high on pot as when sober.

the chemical reaction of thc has many neuralogical effects, increased appetite being one of them.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    scientific research has yet to document whether or not smoking marijuana has a direct effect on metabolism; however, it appears that the body processes food similarly when high on pot as when sober.
    tanxs!..
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

tanxs!h.v
  8. Registered User
    Answers

we'll that does clear up a few things. thanks for replying to my thread. I couldn't find any conclusive evidence on my question, therefore wanted some input. Some articles say marijuana is metabolized though the liver and some say it's not so i was somewhat com fused. Since the body treats alcohol as a poison and metabolizes the alcohol out of the body first before food is metabolized, i thought it might be the same with marijuana. I know THC doesn't have any caleries however i would assume that the body treats it like a poison too. just as it does to cigarette smoke?

thanks again for all your input.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  2. epi with or without food
    By Young Gotti in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 01:04 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM
  4. RPM and food