Capping kits info needed
- 10-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Capping kits info needed
I've search till the end of the internet and have not been able to find a picture of what these illusive capping kits look like.
Can someone some pictures of your capping hit? (greatly appreciated)
Also, how easy is it to use these kits? are they messy while capping? and can you put together these caps pretty fast?
I see that NP carries 2 Deluxe kits "0" and "00"... each kit is able to cap only one size caps or more? how many cap sizes are there? and is there one kit support all caps?
I know thats a lot of questions but if you can answer any of them, thanks.
- 10-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Moderatly easy. You pretty much do this, step for step...
1. Put the big half of the cap in the holder, 50 count.
2. Measure out amount of powder needed to fill cap.
***I fill one individual then empty and measure it. After that, times that by 50. Ex: It takes "X" powder 1/4 tsp(600mg) to fill a cap. 600mg x 50 = 30 1/4 tsps needed(7.5 tsps)
3. Dump that randomly on the "deck", this is where the open caps sit.
4. Take a card to spread and fill the caps.
5. Slide out the spacers so the deck lowers.
6. put on the tops.
7 place in plastic baggy and label.
The only issue comes in when you only need to only fill half a cap...
Ex: Colius Forskolii is about 30mg dose starting, even though i can get about 650mg in there....so then you would have to do them individual. So, in a way its good and bad. I got it cause i had piracetam and choline. They taste rough. Well, now i have 700mg caps on piracetam.
- 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
hold on. I will try to take a pic of mine...
and yeah, each capper will only cap one size 0, 00, ect.
I have a 00 size
10-21-2008, 05:12 PM
10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
thats great.. at last i can see some parts of these capping kits...
psulifter, thanks for posting these pics... this is cool, you can service 50 caps at a time.
Putting the tops on is pretty effortless as well?
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
You can get capping kits down to size 4 too, for smaller doses. I don't think I'm allowed to post the site here but some searching on google would turn it up.
As for doing individual caps, that takes too much time. I'd rather just mix my active with filler and do 50 caps at once
Last edited by moklepaul; 10-21-2008 at 08:41 PM.
10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
10-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Now i scoop another 1/4 tsp out, what to keep the ratio from going 3:3:1? ya dig? What if i get clumps of creatine and a little less in other? I just dont like the idea.
10-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Here's how I do it:
1) Figure out how many mg's the cap holds total. 00 holds 500-750mg depending on the powder I am capping.
2) For example: lets say I wanted a cap at 30mg (coleus dosing) but my cap holds 600 mg.
600mg x 50 caps is 30.0 grams of powder total.
30mg x 50 is 1.5 grams active.
3) Mix 1.5 grams active with 28.5 grams of filler powder, mix thoroughly.
4) Fill all 50 caps as evenly as possible.
Yeah, some caps might be +/- a mg or two, but that doesn't bother me.
OR, weigh 50 empty capsules. Fill with powder. Weigh again. Divide by 50 to figure the dose.
Similar Forum Threads
- By carpee in forum NutraplanetReplies: 12Last Post: 05-06-2009, 07:41 PM
- By Skircus7 in forum NutraplanetReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
- By macedaddy in forum NutraplanetReplies: 21Last Post: 10-03-2007, 11:15 PM
- By psulifter in forum NutraplanetReplies: 9Last Post: 09-05-2007, 01:33 AM
- By willieman in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 02-09-2005, 09:02 AM