food....

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
so i like to cook. i really like to cook. i'm in the process of tweaking a chili recipe to make it a little better, and i've almost perfected my bolognese primavera recipe (vegetable meat sauce for pasta). so far its high in protein, loaded with veggies, and sits on top of rice - not that drippy junk i find in stores.

if i can get the macro's right - healthy or low fat, a 2-1 carb-protein ratio, three different protein sources, would something like this be in demand by bodybuilders?

i spend hours perfecting my recipes, and most relatives ask me when i'm going to make more. some even ask for a batch for their birthday. my question is really if i could find a way to make healthy, appropriate food for bodybuilding, would this be something the community would be interested in?

obviously i'd need a packaging plant to seal everything properly, among many other things. a few people with money have approached me to package and patent some of my recipes, and i was wondering if i adjusted the recipes for the bodybuilding world, if it would be received warmly.

basically, i know its good food, i know its healthy food, but i'd like it to have a place in a niche market, where normal people could buy it and it be good, and bodybuilders can enjoy it since its not the typical turkey or tuna sandwich we are used to. it would be sold at "Trader Joe's" to start, and then go from there. i don't want to direct market this stuff - i don't have time to, nor the desire. it would be sold in a normal store, but would be geared towards the bodybuilding community. i have no intention of starting my own internet business selling stuff and having to ship it.

thoughts?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I believe there definitely would be a demand for this,... I mean think about the choices the health conscious have, they are limited to a degree. I see no reason why you couldn't take it as far as you'd like, as food is BIG business!!!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
High protein, low carb, low fat isnt just for bodybuilders! Lots of people would be interested in this kind of food. There's no harm in trying this out. If it fails at least you can say you gave it a go instead of thinking "what if"..............get it done before Dsade does it instead!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
High protein, low carb, low fat isnt just for bodybuilders! Lots of people would be interested in this kind of food. There's no harm in trying this out. If it fails at least you can say you gave it a go instead of thinking "what if"..............get it done before Dsade does it instead!
lol. i'll see if i can get this rolling by the new year. thanks again guys.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Tonight i went to a seminar about young entrepreneurs....inspirational stuff. They all said the same thing, if you have an idea, run with it, at least give it a try because if you don't, someone else will...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
if weightwatchers are sending out packaged foods for people to get skinny.than my friend..your foods would def.be welcomed by people who wants to stay yolked!!I WANT SOME..lol.:aargh:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
do that shlt, bruvtha. i'll be all over that chili recipe you got there, bro.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
do that shlt, bruvtha. i'll be all over that chili recipe you got there, bro.
so far the bolognese primavera is much better, but its still not perfect. i'll see what i can do about getting it in some stores around here, and go from there. thanks again for the input guys.