Starting Personal Training: Which Cert? ACE or ISSA?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Bros, going to get my first certification.. which do you recommend?
I have college degree but not in an exercise science field.

I've viewed several threads but found mixed results.

Any thoughts?

(I know the certification is just for resume purposes, it comes down to marketing yourself and dedication to your fitness and clients' fitness)

Thank you in Advance!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
bumping

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bros, going to get my first certification.. which do you recommend?
I have college degree but not in an exercise science field.

I've viewed several threads but found mixed results.

Any thoughts?

(I know the certification is just for resume purposes, it comes down to marketing yourself and dedication to your fitness and clients' fitness)

Thank you in Advance!
I bought the ISSA pack but I didn't take test because all the material was stupid and I didn't agree with any of it or the info I'd be tested on, but I'm pretty sure all PT certificates are like that.

Two scenarios I would personally consider if I were you:

A-Go to every gym within a 5 mile radius in all directions and ask what certificate they require their trainers to have and keep records of that.

B-Search all the PT certificates in your area and in fact all of them(weather in your area or not), and see if there's something significantly better than the most common one in your area.

You get my drift?

There are two ways to market yourself:

A- Have the same certificate as everyone else and distinguish yourself by your own methods

B- If a better one exists, take that and market yourself like you have the BMWs of certificates while everyone else has the honda of certificates and of course, distinguish yourself through your own methods.

I know a few PTs, I can ask them for you if you want....but personally, I'll never consider becoming a PT again.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
B- If a better one exists, take that and market yourself like you have the BMWs of certificates while everyone else has the honda of certificates and ofcourse, distinguish yourself through your own methods.

get up off us ricer racers......

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Omen, I do appreciate it.

What about personal training did you dislike?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Omen, I do appreciate it.

What about personal training did you dislike?
It wasn't for me, I just didn't like pretty much everything about it, I train some friends on/off but that's about it, plus after a few years into diet and exercising, I'm not into spending that much time and effort on it, I still workout and eat right, but doing it for living is not something that interests me.

Some of my friends do that for a living and they love it and make good money, don't let me discourage you if that's what you wanna do.