Chinese Democracy by Christmas (rumored)

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
I was listening to the radio today, and the new Guns N' Roses album is supposed to be out by Christmas, and Best Buy will have exclusive right to it. Sure, they're not the same band without Slash, Paul, and Duff, but still...

Anyone else hear anything about this?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I was listening to the radio today, and the new Guns N' Roses album is supposed to be out by Christmas, and Best Buy will have exclusive right to it. Sure, they're not the same band without Slash, Paul, and Duff, but still...

Chinese Democracy will be released the day after Democracy in China (hence the name, perhaps?) Axl's been doing this for years and I'm tired of his BS.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established

used to love GNR back in the day when i had a mullet. i cant imagine what axles screechy voice would sound like now at whatever age he is....worth checkin out though. btw..love the avi.:afro:slash

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
yeah... maybe X-MAS of next year... just be happy that you'll get your free dr pepper this year.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Chinese Democracy will be released the day after Democracy in China (hence the name, perhaps?) Axl's been doing this for years and I'm tired of his BS.
you mean there's gonna be a Chinese version of the album?

I'll have to get that one too :djparty:

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
"according to Rolling Stone's Web site, Gould reportedly told 900 Best Buy employees — during some sort of mystery convention held last week in Dallas — that Chinese Democracy would hit the streets on November 25; Interscope last listed the album's release date as March 2007. Gould also declared that the record would be a Best Buy exclusive, and even previewed three of the album's tracks — this all according to a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal. " - from MTV

the story was also reported on the G4 tv website today....

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i remember a guy at the gym talking about this 2 years ago

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I really want this to happen. Even though it wouldn't be as good as the hype, it would be better than 99% of what has come out the last couple of years.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i think there's been such a huge hype and anticipation for this album release that i just don't see how it will live up to its expectations.

Axl Rose may be good at writing lyrics but Slash was a major contributor to this bans (plus all other original members) and they're no longer there.

it will be interesting to see what Axl is made off w/o the original group.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
i think there's been such a huge hype and anticipation for this album release that i just don't see how it will live up to its expectations.

Axl Rose may be good at writing lyrics but Slash was a major contributor to this bans (plus all other original members) and they're no longer there.

it will be interesting to see what Axl is made off w/o the original group.
Agreed, but I bought both Velvet Revolver albums and they pretty much sucked. From what I've heard of the Chinese Democracy leaks, he's got a handful of top ten singles.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Aren't they capitalists???

Wait, what???

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
found this sound clip on youtube... not bad at all... this is the first song i've heard and i like it so far.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dos9ws2Q8j0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I used to love GNR,. now that being said, a few years back they were supposed to do a concert in Philly, and Axel is in New York skitzen!!! Well, ***** him and GNR, they will never get my money again,.. ever!!!

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Heard the title track 2x in the last 2 days. I wanted to hate it, as Guns just isint the same, and AXL is a big of douche.

That being said........I like it. Good song. Sounds a lot like classic guns material.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
this albums fizzled faster than a Dr Pepper, there's only 3 songs i like the others are ballads

I dont listen to radio much but are they playing any of this album songs?

it never made it to #1 I wonder if they'll pull any singles from this album!!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
this albums fizzled faster than a Dr Pepper, there's only 3 songs i like the others are ballads

I dont listen to radio much but are they playing any of this album songs?

it never made it to #1 I wonder if they'll pull any singles from this album!!
I wouldn't say it fizzled. Its number two behind Kanye West. I don't think they released any singles for it and its probably being hurt substantially by only being available at Best Buy. I agree with only liking about 3-4 songs, but that already makes it an album that I like better than most of what I've bought in the last 10-14 months.

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
Better isn't horrible, but as a whole, I really can't get into any of the stuff on this album.

On the other hand, I have been BLASTING Civil War, November Rain, Patience, and Mr Brownstone in my car lately and lovin it...

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Better isn't horrible, but as a whole, I really can't get into any of the stuff on this album.

On the other hand, I have been BLASTING Civil War, November Rain, Patience, and Mr Brownstone in my car lately and lovin it...
Agree, agree, agree.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohhh, herrooo prease.

Could you tar me the pran to take over America, I forgot.