heart burn

singa

singa

Awards
hey guys..so when ive been lifting lately ive experienced some heart burn..a few times i burped up puke which is nasty as hell..it usually occurs after ive had a good amount of water during my workout..does anyone know what this is attributed to, and how i can get it to stop..i went to get a protein shake after my workout, and i couldnt even drink it because every sip felt like somoene was using a zippo on my throat

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
hmm i dont know what to tell you. it could be something you are ingesting before your workout. I haven't heard of this type of heartburn situation before. you might want to try private messaging trauma for this question, since hes more knowledgeable on these matters than i am.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey guys..so when ive been lifting lately ive experienced some heart burn..a few times i burped up puke which is nasty as hell..it usually occurs after ive had a good amount of water during my workout..does anyone know what this is attributed to, and how i can get it to stop..i went to get a protein shake after my workout, and i couldnt even drink it because every sip felt like somoene was using a zippo on my throat
What did you eat before you drank?

How long did you eat before you drank?

singa

singa

Awards
i get out of school at 2..i usually dont get to the gym until like 3-330ish..i dont eat during that time so the last meal i would have had would be lunch at like noon..i usually consume about 85 ounces during the workout..is that too much water, should i spread it out more?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Prilosec will take care of it. Take it for few weeks. Could be stress related.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the support Mrs. G. :)

Hit me up with a PM singa and i'll help out with what i can bud. There are a TON of factors that can contribute to gastric reflux or heart burn.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prilosec will take care of it. Take it for few weeks. Could be stress related.
Good advice brother. Omeprazole (Prilosec OTC) is a great option to those prone to the condition. :)

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
If the heartburn isn't a constant problem you can always go with papaya tablets. I get heartburn once in awhile and I've never taken a rolaids or anything. Papaya always seems to work for me and they are very cheap.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Good advice brother. Omeprazole (Prilosec OTC) is a great option to those prone to the condition. :)
I get acid reflux when I'm stressed out to the point that I ended up in the ER year ago. They gave me bunch of nexium samples and now I just take prilosec double dose when I feel I need it which is the same thing as nexium.

singa

singa

Awards
wouldnt surprise me if it was stress related now that u mention it...im going thru college apps and a lot of school bullshit..but it is a little weird that it only happens when i workout...maybe cuz of the release of body chems, w.e,,anyway ill look into the prilosek, otherwise i guess ill just suck it up..anyway thanks for the help guys!