Sen. Joseph Biden

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
If you have seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster you will probably remember the scene in which he sat on the congressional bench with the steroid hearings for athletes including, McGwire, Sosa, Canseco, Schilling, Palmeiro..etc.. He went on to say that he was a good athlete but those were the types of guys who would play over him because they were using something illegal to help them perform, in my opinion he couldn't accept the fact that he sucked ass at sports but we'll let that be. My thought is, if this guy is so adament about put people on trial and persecuting them for using, and if he by some miracle, gets the VP office, will there be more bans likely to go in effect and go through as law quicker because of his vendetta? Are we on the cusp of losing many of our beloved substances and enhancers if he's elected?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
either way he will always be a proponent for controlling and banning substances. he has held a heavy hand in the previous bans.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
If I recall right, he was the guy who got the ball rolling in the first place to make aas controlled substance. His son was playing ball at ND and didn't want to juice but everyone else was, so he runs to daddy and yadda yadda yadda. (of course that's a very simple version but you get the idea). On a side note I saw a clip of him on the daily show tonite that blew my mind. He was doing an interview and said "when the stock market crashed, roosevelt got on tv and told people what happened." 2 things. 1-roosevelt wasn't president when it crashed, and 2- nobody had a tv yet. This is the potential vice president of our country?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
If I recall right, he was the guy who got the ball rolling in the first place to make aas controlled substance. His son was playing ball at ND and didn't want to juice but everyone else was, so he runs to daddy and yadda yadda yadda. (of course that's a very simple version but you get the idea). On a side note I saw a clip of him on the daily show tonite that blew my mind. He was doing an interview and said "when the stock market crashed, roosevelt got on tv and told people what happened." 2 things. 1-roosevelt wasn't president when it crashed, and 2- nobody had a tv yet. This is the potential vice president of our country?
wow another government "daddy helped me out" story. can't believe this. wasn't hoover the president when the stock market crashed? and wouldnt he be talking on the radio instead lol and obama isnt much better. has anyone actually heard him say his policies or what hes going to do yet? he doesn't even have experience and wouldn't have won the Illinois senate if his opponent wasn't taking his wife to sex parties and pimping her.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Don't think for a second that AAS or PH are going to get a break under either Dem or Rep administration. Apparently, you missed GW Bush addressing the very serious issue of steroid use in MLB as part of his State of the Union Address. It's politically fashionable to pick on the meatheads and PH users.

But yes, Biden is a douche if that makes you feel better. lol.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
yes i know nothing will be safe under any regime..the point i was making is that could we see more bans coming faster since apparently this interests him so much and even more regulation on the supplement industry. since he is like on a witch hunt from his interviews it would probably happen faster where as W it kinda seems like..eh..we'll get to it eventually. because remember, when he was part owner of the Rangers, Canseco was on that team and in Canseco's book, W knew everything that was going on with that team. geez..IMO i think we have bigger issues to worry about in our country (ie. the finiancial status, oil prices, housing prices, war, yada yada) than banning sumthing.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
saw this too...

gotta love how the daily show and colbert dont pick sides,.... they pick apart both parties

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
saw this too...

gotta love how the daily show and colbert dont pick sides,.... they pick apart both parties
Yeah, sadly they're probably the most unbiased news you can find and they're friggin comedy shows! The gun control quote from biden was brilliant as well. Stewart cracks me up.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Don't think for a second that AAS or PH are going to get a break under either Dem or Rep administration. Apparently, you missed GW Bush addressing the very serious issue of steroid use in MLB as part of his State of the Union Address. It's politically fashionable to pick on the meatheads and PH users.

But yes, Biden is a douche if that makes you feel better. lol.
Non-bodybuilders do not understand steroids and every person who doesn't bodybuild I've spoke with about them has had 100% negative ideas about them.

Steroids laws are like anti child molester laws and drunk driving laws. Easy targets that sound good when running for reelection.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Non-bodybuilders do not understand steroids and every person who doesn't bodybuild I've spoke with about them has had 100% negative ideas about them.

Steroids laws are like anti child molester laws and drunk driving laws. Easy targets that sound good when running for reelection.
Yep. " We've got to protect the children". The over used political reasoning tactic of the moment.