Serious Thrash Session

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
On Thursday I was the medical coverage and participated in the final evolution of the Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor Course. It was an all day ass kicker, but I loved it! I don't know the times except for the start and finish, but everything will be chronological.

All events in camouflage utilities.

0600 - 6.6 mile hike with sustainment load (for me means Black Hawk medical bag)

Run through the Marine Corps Recruit Obstacle Course to the other side of base (approx. 1 mile)

Thrash session for approx. 20-30 minutes ( low, high crawls, burpees, star jumpers, push ups, sit-ups, tree huggers, sprints and strikes, counter strikes etc.)

Loaded into zodiac boats paddled approx. 1/2 mile to a sand beach and thrashed (surf torture, break falls, leg sweeps etc).

Back into boats paddled across San Diego Bay

Little bit of rest, lunch

3-4 mile run

More surf torture, grappling

1 mile red light green light sprint kind of race

Shallow water grappling, more torture in the sand

1 mile team race doing buddy carries

More sand torture

1 mile run

grappling with weapons

then loaded onto buses went to another spot made everyone think that there was going to be more, but surprise here's your belts congrats

Oh yeah had to high carry the zodiac boat about 3/4 mile back to the boat house

Yeah and I had my medic bag on for all the runs. Ok it sucked, but I still loved it.,

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On Thursday I was the medical coverage and participated in the final evolution of the Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor Course. It was an all day ass kicker, but I loved it! I don't know the times except for the start and finish, but everything will be chronological.

All events in camouflage utilities.

0600 - 6.6 mile hike with sustainment load (for me means Black Hawk medical bag)

Run through the Marine Corps Recruit Obstacle Course to the other side of base (approx. 1 mile)

Thrash session for approx. 20-30 minutes ( low, high crawls, burpees, star jumpers, push ups, sit-ups, tree huggers, sprints and strikes, counter strikes etc.)

Loaded into zodiac boats paddled approx. 1/2 mile to a sand beach and thrashed (surf torture, break falls, leg sweeps etc).

Back into boats paddled across San Diego Bay

Little bit of rest, lunch

3-4 mile run

More surf torture, grappling

1 mile red light green light sprint kind of race

Shallow water grappling, more torture in the sand

1 mile team race doing buddy carries

More sand torture

1 mile run

grappling with weapons

then loaded onto buses went to another spot made everyone think that there was going to be more, but surprise here's your belts congrats

Oh yeah had to high carry the zodiac boat about 3/4 mile back to the boat house

Yeah and I had my medic bag on for all the runs. Ok it sucked, but I still loved it.,
:clap2::clap2:

F*cking AWESOME MAN!

I love doing sh*t like that!! almost a year since I did an all day "workout" ! How long did the whole thing last?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Stepped off at 0600 finished at 4:30. It one of the reasons I love being operational because it seems like I get paid to PT all day.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stepped off at 0600 finished at 4:30. It one of the reasons I love being operational because it seems like I get paid to PT all day.
That is f*cking sweet, I love PTing and small group training, the competition is the best......

Too bad the Navy doesn't want me for another 6mos-1yr......:fool2:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is f*cking sweet, I love PTing and small group training, the competition is the best......

Too bad the Navy doesn't want me for another 6mos-1yr......:fool2:

a year? are you not old enough yet? What rating/job do you want to do in the Navy? i'm a Hospital Corpsman and spend most of my time with the Marines. I love it! Done S**t tons of cool stuff, been a lot of places and have made some of the closest friends anyone can possible have.

Kill, Save Lives!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
thats the good stuff man. Wish there were extremist groups who did that for recreation.....to dream....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what exactly is surf torture?

Surf torture = running in and out of the ocean doing intense calisthenics, push ups, sit ups, burpees, and all kinds of various beat down excersises all wet and sandy. Best way to paint a picture is to imagine what Navy Seals do in their training along the beach. Just like in the movies.

Here's a pic for an idea.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
thats the good stuff man. Wish there were extremist groups who did that for recreation.....to dream....

It's called Crossfit :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar