anyone else get hurt by the hurricanes

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
just curious if anyone else was effected.
i lost my vacation house in kemah. my parents lost their home and my grandfather lost his.
damn global warming

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Wow.

I had to pay another 20 cents a gallon for gas :(

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
TexasLifter89's school and apartment got flooded

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Bush is responsible for this, not global warming.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
and while im on the topic....

ok, its been three years and when gustav hit i read about how many people living in temporary housing from katrina are now homeless again. why do you need goverment funds for three years? the checks are only suppose to be till your insurance kicks in. help yourself people!

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
and while im on the topic....

ok, its been three years and when gustav hit i read about how many people living in temporary housing from katrina are now homeless again. why do you need goverment funds for three years? the checks are only suppose to be till your insurance kicks in. help yourself people!
It really is unbelievable isn't it? These people had nothing before the storm hit, now they want everything.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I dont live anywhere near the Gulf, but the remnants of Ike took out power here for almost 300,000 people...its been 3 days and still only half of those have power back...I can only imagine what living in the Hurricane Region must be like when it hits the fan...

holy

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Its obviously controversial but the US government is believed to have weather controlling technology for deacades. They go into space and clone people its not unbelieveable to me at all. There is somthing called "chemtrails" where planes disperse chemicals into the atmosphere in a grid pattern, it doesnt dissapate in seconds like plane exhaust it lingers and soreads and appears to be a scattered cloud in time.

The alleged admitted purpose of chemtrails is to combat global warming by dropping certain compounds and metals into the atmosphere to reflect more of the suns rays back into the atmoshpere and keep earth cooler.

I believe that there is some house cleaning going on, natural disasters definetely exist, but imagine being able to "cleanse" the undesireables and enemy/non-compliant nations. Its like pushing you off a cliff then helping you up to your obvious gratitude.

Weird theory, but look it up and make your own. "chemtrails"
Or look at "www . prisonplanet .com"
I dont just buy into anything but there are some rediculously solid points made backed up by facts!

My heart goes out to those experincing loss, protect yourself with knowledge!

j4ever

Awards
just curious if anyone else was effected.
i lost my vacation house in kemah. my parents lost their home and my grandfather lost his.
damn global warming
sorry for the loss bro it is alot hope everyone is ok,im just north of houston and just got power back a few hours ago had a tree fall on my house and knock 2 holes in the roof and water came inside but it could have been much worse such as your case,goodluck to you and your family bro.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
up here in ohio we actually lost all power. Tree's tore up every where ,minor damages and such, a few deaths. 84 out of 88 counties in ohio were declared in a state of emergency. No where near as bad as down there though, nowhere near.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
it's kind of funny that a hurricane could effect weather in Chicago, but it did. Sunday morning (7:20am) there was a knock at my door. it was the police. they said "due to the flood, we are asking you to leave your apartment. we will have buses here soon to take you out of here (my apartment). left there Sunday, could not return till yesterday.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I dont live anywhere near the Gulf, but the remnants of Ike took out power here for almost 300,000 people...its been 3 days and still only half of those have power back...I can only imagine what living in the Hurricane Region must be like when it hits the fan...

holy
Do you live in Ohio? We lost power for three days here as well.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Its obviously controversial but the US government is believed to have weather controlling technology for deacades. They go into space and clone people its not unbelieveable to me at all. There is somthing called "chemtrails" where planes disperse chemicals into the atmosphere in a grid pattern, it doesnt dissapate in seconds like plane exhaust it lingers and soreads and appears to be a scattered cloud in time.

The alleged admitted purpose of chemtrails is to combat global warming by dropping certain compounds and metals into the atmosphere to reflect more of the suns rays back into the atmoshpere and keep earth cooler.

I believe that there is some house cleaning going on, natural disasters definetely exist, but imagine being able to "cleanse" the undesireables and enemy/non-compliant nations. Its like pushing you off a cliff then helping you up to your obvious gratitude.

Weird theory, but look it up and make your own. "chemtrails"
Or look at "www . prisonplanet .com"
I dont just buy into anything but there are some rediculously solid points made backed up by facts!

My heart goes out to those experincing loss, protect yourself with knowledge!
Ermm, the ability to disperse clouds HAS been around for decades and is often used to ensure good weather for open air events:

Madonna - For example

Back to the original topic though :

Something that always surprises me is the number of houses in the US that seem to be just made out of wood! Across Europe the vast majority of houses are brick built with the only major wooden structure within the houses are the roof supports and SOME interior walls.

As a result, hurricanes and tornadoes do little damage with the main news stories being abut the number of roof's that have been ripped off houses.

Surely, in a country that has so many hurricanes and tornadoes, continually chucking up cheap wooden houses is a false economy?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ermm, the ability to disperse clouds HAS been around for decades and is often used to ensure good weather for open air events:

Madonna - For example

Back to the original topic though :

Something that always surprises me is the number of houses in the US that seem to be just made out of wood! Across Europe the vast majority of houses are brick built with the only major wooden structure within the houses are the roof supports and SOME interior walls.

As a result, hurricanes and tornadoes do little damage with the main news stories being abut the number of roof's that have been ripped off houses.

Surely, in a country that has so many hurricanes and tornadoes, continually chucking up cheap wooden houses is a false economy?

Haha brush it under the rug and you dont even take the time to research it. and the war in iraq is against "terror" hahah i want to fight terror so i can punch people in the face who are so ugly they scare me "freedom!!"

P.S thanks for proving my point by using madonna.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
It really is unbelievable isn't it? These people had nothing before the storm hit, now they want everything.

Not everyone from the New Orleans area was a lazy bum. There are plenty of people who have picked themselves up by the bootstraps since Katrina, and rebuilt their lives with little help from the Feds.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Gutsav blew down part of my back fence. But my house was fine. I just finished 2 weeks of 12 hr night shifts to get the refinery and chemical plant I work at back online. We are making motor gasoline.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Not everyone from the New Orleans area was a lazy bum. There are plenty of people who have picked themselves up by the bootstraps since Katrina, and rebuilt their lives with little help from the Feds.
Good post, There will always be people you cannot keep down, and inversely some who will attempt to take advantage of a situation no matter how horrendous. These people do not concentrate neccessarily but if you were in mexico after a hurricane you may be surprised about the resiliency of these people to get going again, practice makes perfect and the gov is less beurocratic and more desolate. There is noone come and fix your problems so you just get busy fixing it yourself to the best of your ability. I cannot imagine that kind of hardship, and hope the loss of earthly possessions do not lessen spirit.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Do you live in Ohio? We lost power for three days here as well.

Nope, Im in Louisville...it actually ran through here before it tore you guys up...LOL...Today its obviously been 6 days, and we still have over 112,000 people without electric...IN KENTUCKY! Ike hurt more people inland than it did on the coast I think.

holy

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Nope, Im in Louisville...it actually ran through here before it tore you guys up...LOL...Today its obviously been 6 days, and we still have over 112,000 people without electric...IN KENTUCKY! Ike hurt more people inland than it did on the coast I think.

holy
NO WAY bro. I've seen pictures of one of our refineries - it had 8 feet of water. It'll be down for a while. That is costing some money to the company!

Hell Houston was almost totally without power. The 4th largest city. Can you believe that?

j4ever

Awards
NO WAY bro. I've seen pictures of one of our refineries - it had 8 feet of water. It'll be down for a while. That is costing some money to the company!

Hell Houston was almost totally without power. The 4th largest city. Can you believe that?
yeah houston/area had over 2million without eletricity hardly any grocery stores open next no gas stations waiting lines for gas were anywhere from 1-4 hours i think there is still 1 million plus without eletricity and a hell of a lot of property damage and loss, galveston is totally fubar for awhile and so is a couple of more coastal town/cities.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established

Well, obviously the devastation was insane there, and we just had the 70-80mph winds that were left over.....what I was trying to say though, was that from between the coast all the way across the US that that affected as much if not more people than just in Houston...I definintely wasnt trying to imply where Im at was as bad as Houston, or that the damage was as bad in any of those areas....

holy

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well, obviously the devastation was insane there, and we just had the 70-80mph winds that were left over.....what I was trying to say though, was that from between the coast all the way across the US that that affected as much if not more people than just in Houston...I definintely wasnt trying to imply where Im at was as bad as Houston, or that the damage was as bad in any of those areas....

holy
Ok - I agree with that. Ike was a badass storm. Typical Cape Verdes hurricane.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
man this thing has caused me misery no doubt. and i cant get my fema applications to go through at all.. :aargh: