What Is Your Favorite Equipment At The Gym???

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to purchase some commercial gym equipment for my home gym so I'm curious what people's favorite pieces are. If you know brand names that would be great. I have a power rack, cable crossover, vertical leg press, squat machine, dip station, pec dec, lat pulldown, seated bench press, preacher curl, t-bar row, leg curl & leg extension. I plan to add a rack of hexagonal dumbbells, smith machine?, leg press? I don't know which brand of smith machine and leg press to go with and I am also considering a Hammer Strength pullover & incline press, maybe the shoulder press too. Are there any plate loaded machines that people find better than Hammer Strength? I haven't been to a commercial gym in years so I'm hoping you guys that have can help me out by tellingg me what your favorite pieces of equipment are. Thanks.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I have a pair of the powerblocks that go up to 130#....they are really nice...I recommend those instead of a rack of hex dbs.

holy

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
inner thigh machine..lol

it i were u, id just get a squat rack.. and a bench

newyorkbarbell.com

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Cardio bunnies are a nice addition to any gym, although they can get expensive...

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha one time buy as long as u keep her chained.

long time no see xodus!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hammer strength is good as far as plate loaded goes, thats all i know of now days.

def. get a smith machine. not sure what brand tho.

powerblock dbs.....those would be nice, take up less room and good if only one person is going to be needing dbs at a time. How much did your set go for holy?

maybe a shrug machine like hammer strength style????

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My personal favourite is the WankMaster3000TM:woohoo:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
the urinal. I drink a bottle of water an hour.....kinda like doing suicides while lifting.

powerblocks always looked awesome though.

Last edited:
FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
I'll check out the powerblocks but I wanted DB's that I could throw around or drop without damaging them. Would you be able to dump powerblocks doing DB presses and not damage them?

I need some input on smith machines and leg press/hack squat machines. Please give me the name of some I can checkout. Thanks.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I'll check out the powerblocks but I wanted DB's that I could throw around or drop without damaging them. Would you be able to dump powerblocks doing DB presses and not damage them?

I need some input on smith machines and leg press/hack squat machines. Please give me the name of some I can checkout. Thanks.
Im not sure I would be dropping the powerblocks around like I do some of the dbs at the gym...

We have a really nice Life Fitness smith machine that I would recommend.

holy

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Personally I am saving up for some equipment myself right now and my priorities are:
R2 squat rack
Cambered , straight, and Safety Squat Bars
Glute Ham Raise
Reverse Hyperextension

Now in your case since it looks like you are looking for something to develop your legs I would look into a belt squat machine or plyo swing. I don't know if I can link the website but they make some (google between the lines)
---------------------------------------------
Elite Fitness Systems
---------------------------------------------